CrazyRalph

Dead by Daylight Discussion Topic

182 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, thetrickyshow said:

The new DLC's map is the games first fully indoor map, so that might be fun.

Let's hope is not all just reused indoor assets.

1 hour ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Hell, I'd give it a shot if it's a good killer and releases before F13th.  Would give me an excuse to join the DbD uninstall party!

It comes out Thursday. So the 11th.

11 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Huh, apparently this killer afflicts survivors with madness, causing them to see him where he isn't, hear terror radius music when hes not there, Have WEIRD skillchecks, and shriek in horror giving away their location.

Ill be the first to admit, its a bold play. Madness has traditionally been a very polarizing mechanic in games. Its done either VERY poorly or VERY well. Theirs not really an in between.

If they pull this off he COULD be pretty fun to mess with, Unlike the other killers he has an aspect of horror too him. Being able to mess with a persons perception definitely has potential.

That killer looks awesome. I still jump into DBD sometimes,but like many have pointed out,the perks system is busted.

16 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Huh, apparently this killer afflicts survivors with madness, causing them to see him where he isn't, hear terror radius music when hes not there, Have WEIRD skillchecks, and shriek in horror giving away their location.

Ill be the first to admit, its a bold play. Madness has traditionally been a very polarizing mechanic in games. Its done either VERY poorly or VERY well. Theirs not really an in between.

If they pull this off he COULD be pretty fun to mess with, Unlike the other killers he has an aspect of horror too him. Being able to mess with a persons perception definitely has potential.

Oh don't worry. In true Dead by Daylight fashion I have no doubt that they will soon have a trait unlockable to all as a perk that will negate the madness effects.

ResolutionBlaze likes this

1 hour ago, ShankerOne said:

Oh don't worry. In true Dead by Daylight fashion I have no doubt that they will soon have a trait unlockable to all as a perk that will negate the madness effects.

But of course!

It is a game of heavy counters after all... A guessing game.  As if that somehow balances the perks out.

33 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

How'd you feel it looks, in the end? Does sound pretty different.

The way the new killer works.. he has two modes, Treatment and Punishment. In punishment he functions as a normal killer frame like trapper or wraith. Pretty much the same stats as them in every way.

In Treatment, he looses the ability to harm survivors but generates a passive electrical field around himself that any survivor within 25ish meters of gains an insanity debuff and has it slowly rise. He can also use his melee attack button to instead fire off a ground based electrical shock at survivors that SPIKES their insanity.

Over all this ^ conceptually is very cool. Hes a very thematic killer and has a lot of potential, unfortunately...

Insanity itself is pretty fun, but useless for actually catching survivors. A survivor with medium insanity will see fake killers pop up around them, the killer can see these illusions and use them to track survivors. They also have a bunch of weird effects, like messed up skill checks and other such things.

At MAX insanity the survivor screams randomly giving away their postilion allowing the killer to track them even better. They are also unable to heal or interact with objects while at max insanity. Survivors can exit max insanity by calming themselves down through an action. Sounds cool right?

The problem is that his power is only really useful for tracking, for actually catching survivors is essentially useless. Hes a whiz at finding survivors but insanity isn't crippling enough to justify maintaining it. It simply doesn't do enough...

To put it into perspective its like the fear mechanic in the Friday the 13th beta. Its useful.. kinda, but over all it doesn't help you with what you really need to do as a killer. All it does is inconvenience the survivor a little. If they buff him he could be a LOT of fun, but at the moment hes probibly the second weakest killer.. hes a better Wraith.

THE COOL PART of the DLC is one of the killers perks. It lowers your terror radius by 8 meters while not in a chase. If put on Myers it makes his terror radius even in later evil within levels small enough that Mikey can be RIGHT BEHIND YOU and you may not know it... muhahahaha!

Survival and DamonD7 like this

Cheers, appreciate the detailed response.

With some adjustment, it sounds like that killer could be by far the most novel and interesting to play as. Just gotta beef up those offensive options.

13 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

Sorry if your a huge DBD fan but DBD is crap I had it on my computer but I deleted it

Its a fun time killer, but its not F13.

Survival likes this

12 hours ago, antonz said:

Halloween dlc content confirmed for consoles. Will it be free?

I doubt it seeing that the console version of the game was a ~special edition~ including all of the previously released DLC except for Halloween. I'm guessing they'll want you to pay for that one.

Ricky and antonz like this

Well the console version sucks. Plenty of frame drops and nasty stuttering below 20fps when chases occur. 

I'll stick to Steam if I decide to go back. But after playing this morning,  I'm reminded why F13 is a better game.

4 hours ago, Slashin' Passion said:

Well the console version sucks. Plenty of frame drops and nasty stuttering below 20fps when chases occur. 

I'll stick to Steam if I decide to go back. But after playing this morning,  I'm reminded why F13 is a better game.

I played it earlier today on ps4, it plays like a really fast arcade version of friday the 13th with better graphics. I prefer friday the 13th, because it feels more simulation,if that makes sense. Although truth be told, the main reason i bought this is for the mike myers halloween expansion that some sites say is coming in July. 

I've about 100 hours on Friday The 13th and about 120 on Dead By Daylight.

Both games are great but i find Friday the 13th more fun.

DBD on the PC with max everything looks nicer than Friday 13th maxed out but not being able to chat to randoms in game makes the social side very boring.
If i team up with 3 friends and we all join a game at once, the killer usually leaves because he knows it's a team.
On DBD you get punished if the killer leaves early by losing your items, and dropping rank.
It feels more repetitive as well as there's only two ways to escape really, the killer is always faster, the torch always sucks, the maps are very small etc.

Just got DBD on the weekend after experiencing crash to dashboard #623 on Xb1.

Honestly, I had a great time playing. The 2 games are totally different in terms of gameplay and both worth owning(other than f13 on xbox until they fix crashing). 

My replays on F13 are usually funny moments(getting hit by cars, stunlocking jason, etc), while replays on DBD involve me getting out of intense situations, juking the killer, etc. DBD rounds are quicker, far more intense, and the killers all have different abilities(you also don't know what character the killer has chosen until you actually see them in game). On the other hand, F13 has a more relaxed vibe since the maps are bigger, and there are more players, which means more time that Jason is chasing somebody else while you have some relief gathering items. Another difference is that if Jason finds you and tunnels you in F13, it is almost certain death, while in DBD you can actually escape the chase if you play your cards right, and even if you get downed, one of your 3 other teammates can revive you.

But best of all? I haven't crashed to dashboard playing DBD since I purchased it :).

Bottom line though, if you like the CONCEPT of Friday the 13th(escape the killer/kill the survivors), do yourself a favor and try Dead By Daylight. Both games do a great job with that style of game, in very different ways.

I picked up Dead by Daylight for my Xbox.  I'm really enjoying it.  It has some qualities that I wish Friday the 13th game came with.  It's pretty good and highly recommend it until Gun Media fixes the xbox one problems. :)

bcbuddy likes this

I enjoy both games. For me, F13 is more of a social teamwork based environment, while DBD is more of an intense solo game. There is no reason why anyone should say "only play X game." They have two different experiences to offer. My 2 cents.

Survival likes this

If I don't have much time and do not feel like talking etc. I play Dead by Daylight. It is quick, short and if you run into assholes, you can play another game within few moments.

If I have more time and want to play a slower, methodical game based on my favorite slasher franchise with bigger detailed maps and more potential for interesting situations etc. I play Friday the 13th.

Both games are relatively good at what they do, but aside from both being asymetrical horror games, they couldn't be more different. For me DbD is quick, tense but distant and cold. F13th is bigger, slower and more varied and welcoming, but has a bigger potential of assholes ruining your day.

bcbuddy likes this

I love this game, but I won't pick it up until the Killer is actually a threat. It's so easy to avoid the Killer because of no stamina bar. Everyone can vault over and over again and play ring around the rosie without having to worry about stamina.

7 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I love this game, but I won't pick it up until the Killer is actually a threat. It's so easy to avoid the Killer because of no stamina bar. Everyone can vault over and over again and play ring around the rosie without having to worry about stamina.

Go old school and play the trapper hillbilly. He is still my favorite killer in DBD. I still think it is a fun game, but it is limited.

51 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

Go old school and play the trapper hillbilly. He is still my favorite killer in DBD. I still think it is a fun game, but it is limited.

How good are they at stopping the unlimited vaulting and running around objects bullcrap? How is it fun to run around something trying to catch a survivor because they have unlimited stamina? Who thought no stamina was a good idea?