CrazyRalph

Dead by Daylight Discussion Topic

161 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, thetrickyshow said:

The new DLC's map is the games first fully indoor map, so that might be fun.

Let's hope is not all just reused indoor assets.

1 hour ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Hell, I'd give it a shot if it's a good killer and releases before F13th.  Would give me an excuse to join the DbD uninstall party!

It comes out Thursday. So the 11th.

11 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Huh, apparently this killer afflicts survivors with madness, causing them to see him where he isn't, hear terror radius music when hes not there, Have WEIRD skillchecks, and shriek in horror giving away their location.

Ill be the first to admit, its a bold play. Madness has traditionally been a very polarizing mechanic in games. Its done either VERY poorly or VERY well. Theirs not really an in between.

If they pull this off he COULD be pretty fun to mess with, Unlike the other killers he has an aspect of horror too him. Being able to mess with a persons perception definitely has potential.

That killer looks awesome. I still jump into DBD sometimes,but like many have pointed out,the perks system is busted.

16 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Huh, apparently this killer afflicts survivors with madness, causing them to see him where he isn't, hear terror radius music when hes not there, Have WEIRD skillchecks, and shriek in horror giving away their location.

Ill be the first to admit, its a bold play. Madness has traditionally been a very polarizing mechanic in games. Its done either VERY poorly or VERY well. Theirs not really an in between.

If they pull this off he COULD be pretty fun to mess with, Unlike the other killers he has an aspect of horror too him. Being able to mess with a persons perception definitely has potential.

Oh don't worry. In true Dead by Daylight fashion I have no doubt that they will soon have a trait unlockable to all as a perk that will negate the madness effects.

ResolutionBlaze likes this

1 hour ago, ShankerOne said:

Oh don't worry. In true Dead by Daylight fashion I have no doubt that they will soon have a trait unlockable to all as a perk that will negate the madness effects.

But of course!

It is a game of heavy counters after all... A guessing game.  As if that somehow balances the perks out.

33 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

How'd you feel it looks, in the end? Does sound pretty different.

The way the new killer works.. he has two modes, Treatment and Punishment. In punishment he functions as a normal killer frame like trapper or wraith. Pretty much the same stats as them in every way.

In Treatment, he looses the ability to harm survivors but generates a passive electrical field around himself that any survivor within 25ish meters of gains an insanity debuff and has it slowly rise. He can also use his melee attack button to instead fire off a ground based electrical shock at survivors that SPIKES their insanity.

Over all this ^ conceptually is very cool. Hes a very thematic killer and has a lot of potential, unfortunately...

Insanity itself is pretty fun, but useless for actually catching survivors. A survivor with medium insanity will see fake killers pop up around them, the killer can see these illusions and use them to track survivors. They also have a bunch of weird effects, like messed up skill checks and other such things.

At MAX insanity the survivor screams randomly giving away their postilion allowing the killer to track them even better. They are also unable to heal or interact with objects while at max insanity. Survivors can exit max insanity by calming themselves down through an action. Sounds cool right?

The problem is that his power is only really useful for tracking, for actually catching survivors is essentially useless. Hes a whiz at finding survivors but insanity isn't crippling enough to justify maintaining it. It simply doesn't do enough...

To put it into perspective its like the fear mechanic in the Friday the 13th beta. Its useful.. kinda, but over all it doesn't help you with what you really need to do as a killer. All it does is inconvenience the survivor a little. If they buff him he could be a LOT of fun, but at the moment hes probibly the second weakest killer.. hes a better Wraith.

THE COOL PART of the DLC is one of the killers perks. It lowers your terror radius by 8 meters while not in a chase. If put on Myers it makes his terror radius even in later evil within levels small enough that Mikey can be RIGHT BEHIND YOU and you may not know it... muhahahaha!

Survival and DamonD7 like this

Cheers, appreciate the detailed response.

With some adjustment, it sounds like that killer could be by far the most novel and interesting to play as. Just gotta beef up those offensive options.

13 hours ago, Moe9999633 said:

Sorry if your a huge DBD fan but DBD is crap I had it on my computer but I deleted it

Its a fun time killer, but its not F13.

Survival likes this