CrazyRalph

Dead by Daylight Discussion Topic

136 posts in this topic

I also saw dead by daylight footage now it may just be my crappy eyesight but honestly the game looks like it's still in pre alpha stage yet it comes out this month? The animation looks barebones and and the whole hook thing seems unessary

Last year I hope can do better that will be the other slasher game I play IF I get tired of f13 which is unlikely. Arrrgh I want the game now!

Check f13 alpha gameplay looks better than dead by daylight but that's probably because their using unreal 4

I did notice that too but I did preorder gonna need something to hold me til my baby f13 comes out

Meh. It looks okay, but I feel like Dead by Daylight will become boring quicker than Friday the 13th will. No environment kills, limited maps, and an overly long and complicated process for the killer to kill anyone.

This reminds me of Damned and Dead Realm. Both are very similar games, with Damned coming out first. However, it has a lot less polish and replayability than Dead Realm.

Already found multiple exploits and metas in dead by daylight's beta, as well as all three killers being identical in gameplay for the most part. It'll last only as long as the /actual/ contenders( F13, Last Year, Outlast 2) don't show up. Which is to say DBD is thoroughly fucked.

Just got a free beta code for dead by daylight. It's fun right now but you can tell it's not going to last. The whole game feels like it's been slapped together to beat F13 out of the gate.

The game is getting decent press because the dev's are handing out beta codes to high profile streamers like they were candy. Overall, the level design is random and uninspiring, the characters are pretty shallow and there's fun to be had....for now. Like some others have mentioned, there's not a lot of depth to the game. I'll say there's some interesting addons you equip that can change the way the game works (slightly). 

When the game comes out on the 14th, there's 2 more killers and 2 more levels to be revealed. we'll see if the game continues to be in the top 10 on twitch...

I've watched some twitch game play and the game looks fun, and has some cool concepts. I don't think it anyway replaces a F13 game. The one gamer had some trouble getting a lobby to lock down and get into a match. Playing 1st person as the killer made it look really difficult to follow the victims especially at close range. One match the killer never saw a victim the whole time, and they all escaped. I believe the game is only on pc with the possibility of it coming to consoles. If F13 the game is using a similar platform of leveling up counselors and Jason, then it might be worth adding a "prestige type" feature, where you get something in exchange for resetting your counselor or Jason back to zero....to keep the playing field somewhat even. Overall, DBD doesn't look like it will ever come close to F13's finished product.

In regarding in the questions about 'Last Year', it was the first game to bring asymmetrical multiplayer in slasher form.

It, like PT Demo sparked a whole new list of games like it , e.g Friday the 13: The Game and Dead by Daylight.

Though it was sued for have Jason Voorhees 'like' properties like a hockey mask and machete....  :(

Last Year is still going a head, though if it had more capital and money behind it , if would have gone far, not to say it will not , but I am pessimistic! I wish Last Year and Slasher Vol 1: Summer Camp just got to colab with each other as the 'Friday the 13th' license does help marketing but overall it limits their opportunities, as now we are only locked to the franchise.

Part 1 : Maps - Maps will only be restricted to places Jason has been and we aren't going to get as good maps, e.g ( Shopping Mall, Small Village, Neighbourhood   etc. )

Part 2 : Skins - We are not going to get 'different' slashers, although there is different Jason skins there isn't other slashers (e.g Chainsaws,Axes, flamethrowers etc. ) this would be a lot more funner, this is what Last Year and Vol 1 Slasher : Summer Camp were doing.

This is just my opinion but I hope people tell me if they agree or disagree!

-Coyler ;)

Mr. Coyler,

I have to respectfully disagree. Friday the 13th the game is going to be "Slasher Vol 1: Summer Camp" on steroids! Tune in to Twitch tonight and I bet you change your mind. ;)

After playing dead by daylight, and realizing how horrible it's matchmaking system is, I just want to throw this out there in case f13 has a rank based matchmaking system. In dbd players alt-f4 as a killer whenever everyone's about to escape(forcing everyone to rank down) while survivors alt-f4 to deny the killer points( and screw over their companions) whenever a survivor RQ's to avoid being killed. This shit is terrible for everyone. If someone disconnects over the game, they should probably have a queue cooldown that makes them wait until the last game is finished( or if the killer left, make them wait a good 15 minutes) Nobody likes quitters. Especially if it denies points from the other players. Also ragequitters get off scot free in dead by daylight, it literally punishes everyone except the quitter.

The next thing is the inability to go into matchmaking with your friends. IDK how DBD devs thought that was a good idea. I mean, who doesn't want to get killed with their buddies?

Third problem is how small and repetitive the main game is. For the survivors your objective is repair generators, open door, leave. The generators always spawn in the same areas, in the already small map. The killer has to hit a survivor twice, then put them on a hook to win. That's it. It's fun the first few times, but once you get the hang of it, it'll become repetitive fast.

Third is locations. There are specific spots in every map that allows the survivor to pretty much troll the killer. The Devs outright said it's a distraction method, however the amount of skill needed to use these areas is equal to zero( and god forbid you be one of the last survivors and do the trick). Any tension will be lost if survivors find out there is a "safe space" in the middle of a chase.

Not ripping on DBD, it's fun, but it'll lose it's charm once everyone gets the hang of it, and all the metas start flying. It'll drop even faster if it doesn't fix it's issues.

DamonD7 likes this

Fantastic post, I agree! 

Please Gun Media Team, take these issues into consideration. :)

Dead By Daylight, while fun... it so messed up right now it's ridiculous.

I really hope they have good plans for when people might lose connection or quit etc while playing as Jason. Would suck if the game ended because the Jason player leaves game for one reason or another.

Agreed on all points. It sounds like DBD gets a lot of things right, actually, I am interested but there are things to learn here.

I'd say more that anything the lobby/matchmaking situation. That's a hugely important part of multiplayer games.

We're a different game. The only real similarities we have are horror murderer vs a bunch of kids. Other than that, we're going to be paced differently, offer way more ways to win for counselors and strive to give you as much freedom as possible!

Tommy Doyle likes this

I just wish to not fly away or into the map like in DbD. Or anything like that :( And I like freedom! It will feel nice to play a game that is epic, and has freedom most do not. :)

it may be a different concept. a different game. but lobby issues and everything else still applies. can still be a problem if not addressed. what if people get pissed or leave for any reason? trolls and what not...what if theres not enough people online for a full session at any given time? just things to worry about.

it may be a different concept. a different game. but lobby issues and everything else still applies. can still be a problem if not addressed. what if people get pissed or leave for any reason? trolls and what not...what if theres not enough people online for a full session at any given time? just things to worry about.

One day at a time. This is not a new unfounded issue and it will be addressed properly. Let's get the game first then worry about the more technical issues later.

Dromar420 likes this

I also watched some videos of Dead by Daylight and like most of you i was also not really impressed.

F13 isnt even in it's beta stage yet and it already feel more diverse in it's gameplay mechanics.

In F13 you can interact with your environment,like turning a radio on for exemple or opening a window to either escape or distract and you can also hide in a closet or under a bed,you cant do all of this in Dead By Daylight hence why F13 already feel superior to that game when it come to gameplay.

Also Jason can kill counselors with differents part of the environments and different weapons,while in Dead by daylight the killer only has one weapon,some beartraps and those hook thingies,not much diversity must i say.

Another thing is that Jason isnt really confined to Camp Crystal Lake since he has been to other places,who know what the devs might come up with when it come to locations.

I'm sure the devs have put thought into all of this.

I hope it does well. It may not be the main course, but an early taster is no bad thing.

I think the Friday the 13th game has a real advantage in terms of when it comes out, though. Darker nights, perfect for this kind of game, and the whole Halloween time spookiness too.

( sees guys post above me ) Nice avatar dude.

Anyway, It seems that the original announcement of Friday the 13th has spawned a new sub-genre of game, ... Guess we can call it a Slasher Survivor game or what not.

Dead by daylights success is actually fairly huge as a spectator game. Last time i looked it was right below Overwatch on twitch and that's no small feat. It seems there is definitely a market for this type of game, and it seems to be like friggen catnip for streamers and you tubers.

And seeing as how the graphics and game play are promising to be a lot more substantive and complex in Friday the 13th, id say that's a VERY good sign for this game. (especially seeing as how Dead by Daylight is a very simple game and already has developed a meta and the fear has kind of gone out the window.)

As for the other similar games coming out, its not about who's first or last, its about whos the best!

DamonD7 likes this

Now I'm sure most folks may look at this as being a benefit of being fast and strategic,

but there are ways in Dead By Daylight where you can make the killer look like a complete dork

if you know how to traverse around walls and certain map set pieces,

it's possible to run the killer in a complete circle over and over and over again within a very small area, very quickly...

if you're good enough, you can literally run the killer in circles around a rock.

These are completely embarassing moments for the killer, because no matter what he does, or how good of a player he is, there's just no way for him to catch the survivor.

I'm wondering if these kinds of moments can be avoided in Friday the 13th. Where if a counselor tries to play ballsy and MOCK (or TAUNT) the Jason player because he's this slow lumbering giant, it should punish or HURT the counselor dumb enough to confront, or try and run circles around our masked killer.

Maybe have some kind of perk where if someone DOES try and get closer to Jason to poke fun, it raises Jason's better awareness toward killing the 'troll'.

Jason is outfitted with abilities that will quickly close ground between h.and the councilor. You have nothing to worry about. While the games are alike dead by daylight and this game will be very different. The only likeness they will share is they are asymmetrical multi-player games.