CrazyRalph

Dead by Daylight Discussion Topic

136 posts in this topic

new game that is a hell of alot alike F13, and even in interview said the killer sees in first person, much like somewhere they said the single player in F13 might have. They said in interview,"we don't care about your meter and if the player is scared." WOW... I feel kind've disrespected.

http://www.deadbydaylight.com/

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/150109/dead-daylight-looks-eerily-similar-friday-13th-game/

new game that is a hell of alot alike F13, and even in interview said the killer sees in first person, much like somewhere they said the single player in F13 might have. They said in interview,"we don't care about your meter and if the player is scared." WOW... I feel kind've disrespected.

http://www.deadbydaylight.com/

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/150109/dead-daylight-looks-eerily-similar-friday-13th-game/

I don't think they were trying to say that they don't care if us, the players are scared; they're just saying the characters we play as won't have a 'fear meter,' so they won't get scared.

I don't know how to feel about the game. I mean, I'm die-hard for Friday the 13th, but I won't say I'm not curious about other games with a similar premise. It'd be interesting to see how they do things differently. Maybe they're just inspired by what the F13 game is doing, or they just had a similar idea at the same time. I think we should at least give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I don't think they were trying to say that they don't care if us, the players are scared; they're just saying the characters we play as won't have a 'fear meter,' so they won't get scared.

I don't know how to feel about the game. I mean, I'm die-hard for Friday the 13th, but I won't say I'm not curious about other games with a similar premise. It'd be interesting to see how they do things differently. Maybe they're just inspired by what the F13 game is doing, or they just had a similar idea at the same time. I think we should at least give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I respect the fact that they're trying a different take on a similar idea, but I think there's validity in having the characters get scared. If your character has emotions, doesn't that help draw you into the game more?

And I'm interested if they are mocking that aspect of F13 or just saying, "look, that's what they're doing, but we're doing something different." That's a big difference to me.

Success will always spawn clones. The interest behind this game has not gone unnoticed. This game style is not a foreign idea. I welcome the competition but F13 is iconic while some killer in the woods you need to work harder to establish that sense of fear.

It wouldnt be the first time a big game has spawned copycat versions. Theres actually a lot of mobile games that do it. clash of clans and candy crush are some examples.

I know they got different types of monsters in the game to offset it, but like "last Year", who got sued by the F13 people, couldn't they get sued here if they incorporated too many elements that were like F13 also?

It must be very flattering for the F13 creators and franchise as a whole and to see how iconic the whole hockey mask/machete stalker has become, I just don't see why for other games companies don't just come up with a different mask and weapon, I mean ok, a guy with an American football helmet and a turkey baster isn't going to have the same effect but come on - make your own coattails.

I know they got different types of monsters in the game to offset it, but like "last Year", who got sued by the F13 people, couldn't they get sued here if they incorporated too many elements that were like F13 also?

Elements can be similar the problem they had run into was the killer in last year donned a hockey and had a lot of similarities to Jason. There is a very fine line and you tip toe it. Even when this game was summer camp when Sean Cunningham called the concern was that they teetered too close and thought there may be a problem. fortunately for everyone he liked the idea and gifted the license but it's a gamble sometimes and it depends on how similar the thing is.

It must be very flattering for the F13 creators and franchise as a whole and to see how iconic the whole hockey mask/machete stalker has become, I just don't see why for other games companies don't just come up with a different mask and weapon, I mean ok, a guy with an American football helmet and a turkey baster isn't going to have the same effect but come on - make your own coattails.

Reminds me of how Rick Taylor from Splatterhouse used to wear Jason's mask until they changed it due to copyright issues. These rip-offs will suffer the same consequences, probably.

I look at it this way, it's nice to see other companies realising how fun a slasher horror could be and putting more of them out there. There doesn't seem to be many like it so for them to do it means there'll be more to play with. I hope they don't infringe on the Friday copyright but what'll make all these copies interesting are the little flairs and details they throw in. 

It's like the video game version of the 80's. Friday the 13th get's popular, next thing you know every company want's to throw naked teens in a woods with a serial killer, I say bring it on, the original will still be the best but the others are going to be fun too.

Yeah but let these guys at Gun release the game and let it do its thing first then these other companies can f..King feed off their idea if they wanna join the bandwagon! But at least let Gun show off their game. if all these other games come out at the same time F13 comes out then people will think F13 ripped off the guy who actually ripped F13 off!

I don't think anyone ripped off anyone, take summer camp and last year for example none of them knew each other existed, yet they were being thought of at the same time lol, considering all the people have said they have always dreamed about a slasher multiplayer online game like this the only difference is this reality it's actually being made its not some fans idea of a perfect scenario but its not like its the most original idea so id hardly call any game that does anything similar a rip off.

I don't think anyone ripped off anyone, take summer camp and last year for example none of them knew each other existed, yet they were being thought of at the same time lol, considering all the people have said they have always dreamed about a slasher multiplayer online game like this the only difference is this reality it's actually being made its not some fans idea of a perfect scenario but its not like its the most original idea so id hardly call any game that does anything similar a rip off.

Sorry it gets under my skin only because it's happened to me before with my drum company I was building a drum kit for a customer and half way through the build I was being open and shared the process photos online shortly after I had completed the kit another company did the same exact drum kit and colors and of course them being a bigger company had people believing it was their idea and how amazing it looks and got a lot of attention from it! While I'm in the corner with my hands in the air lol

Just gonna remind you guys we already had a discussion about Last Year, and from the information I gathered, Last Year and F13 was by coincidence, I'm currently gonna try gathering information on Dead by Daylight so I can see if I can map it up, then I'll make a new post containing info on all 3 on every different forums related to the 3 games so people can decide for themselves.

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/55-last-year/  <--------Topic about Last Year

Edit: Missing one of the images/descriptions in the original Imgur post, doesn't matter too much as the information missing is included in the self-quote.

You guys... come on.

I am quite surprised at the amount of you calling this game a 'copycat' game or making comments like, "When there's a great idea, someone's gonna copy it", or "They are just copying this game".

Do you guys know how long it takes to MAKE a game?  This game comes out much earlier than F13.  So that means they had this game in development for QUITE sometime, most likely way before Gun Media's game was announced.

The game has a similar idea, and it could be that both companies got their ideas at the same time from some other resource.  But no company can 'copy' a game that isn't out yet.  Dead By Dayiight can't knock off an unreleased game or a game they've never played themselves.

Look at the POSITIVE points.  Friday the 13th developers can play this game when it comes out and get a better feel at what factors may work well toward their own game, and see what also DOESN'T work that well, knowing what kind of factors to avoid, etc. 

You guys... come on.

I am quite surprised at the amount of you calling this game a 'copycat' game or making comments like, "When there's a great idea, someone's gonna copy it", or "They are just copying this game".

Do you guys know how long it takes to MAKE a game? This game comes out much earlier than F13. So that means they had this game in development for QUITE sometime, most likely way before Gun Media's game was announced.

The game has a similar idea, and it could be that both companies got their ideas at the same time from some other resource. But no company can 'copy' a game that isn't out yet. Dead By Dayiight can't knock off an unreleased game or a game they've never played themselves.

Look at the POSITIVE points. Friday the 13th developers can play this game when it comes out and get a better feel at what factors may work well toward their own game, and see what also DOESN'T work that well, knowing what kind of factors to avoid, etc.

Got to agree as someone that has been working on a new fighting game idea for few years sometimes more then one person has the idea its just timing and who gets it together first, my game was designed in 05 but just never had funding but another group made thiers in early 2010's sseem very similar but no way they saw mines it just happens who gets it together fastest I personally will be playing both dead by daylight and F13 haven't be able to find to much new news on last year but if it release I'll pick that up too same way I got street fighter and Mortal Kombat both fighting games but different takes on genre

Got to agree as someone that has been working on a new fighting game idea for few years sometimes more then one person has the idea its just timing and who gets it together first, my game was designed in 05 but just never had funding but another group made thiers in early 2010's sseem very similar but no way they saw mines it just happens who gets it together fastest I personally will be playing both dead by daylight and F13 haven't be able to find to much new news on last year but if it release I'll pick that up too same way I got street fighter and Mortal Kombat both fighting games but different takes on genre

Well, they apparently started development 2 years ago or something like that. So if we do look at the times where everything is lining up (Dead by Daylight beta starts at the end of this month, both Last Year and F13 having their betas/alphas later this year,) Then seems about right ish. Obviously the whole copycat thing is silly in the first place.

Now the funny thing is this, most issues people were concerned about wasn't related to F13 or Last year, but Evolve because they don't want what happened to Evolve to happen to Dead by Daylight.

If you are looking for news for Last Year, everything is hush hush aside from the backers. I can ask Wearing again but pretty sure he'll say the same thing about him wanting it to only be for backers.

So it's not really like there's no news, it's more just not for open eyes to see yet.

I played the dead by daylight alpha. It didn't really elicit much of a response from me to be frank. I'll still buy the game and play it, but only to kinda sort of sate my hunger for Friday 13th. The character models( both survivor and killer) and animations are bland, and while the premise and backstory of the game's pretty good, their presentation is meh at best. For 20 bucks it's alright, but wouldn't pay more than that. The only thing I can compare this situation to is Friday 13th= good top quality Olive Garden meal, with practically everything on the menu you could want that you'd have to wait a while to get, while dead by daylight= Texas toast because they ran out of breadsticks before the meal. Maybe Last Year is the actual breadsticks? Not really sure where it'd fall in place at, seeing as I know nearly nothing about it.

I played the dead by daylight alpha. It didn't really elicit much of a response from me to be frank. I'll still buy the game and play it, but only to kinda sort of sate my hunger for Friday 13th. The character models( both survivor and killer) and animations are bland, and while the premise and backstory of the game's pretty good, their presentation is meh at best. For 20 bucks it's alright, but wouldn't pay more than that. The only thing I can compare this situation to is Friday 13th= good top quality Olive Garden meal, with practically everything on the menu you could want that you'd have to wait a while to get, while dead by daylight= Texas toast because they ran out of breadsticks before the meal. Maybe Last Year is the actual breadsticks? Not really sure where it'd fall in place at, seeing as I know nearly nothing about it.

I also saw dead by daylight footage now it may just be my crappy eyesight but honestly the game looks like it's still in pre alpha stage yet it comes out this month? The animation looks barebones and and the whole hook thing seems unessary

Last year I hope can do better that will be the other slasher game I play IF I get tired of f13 which is unlikely. Arrrgh I want the game now!

Check f13 alpha gameplay looks better than dead by daylight but that's probably because their using unreal 4