Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bewareofbears

Why Chadface Sucks

34 posts in this topic

How about some type of snapshot or animation for survivors at end of round instead of j returning to mother? Or._. How bout when J returns to mom , she scolds him in a few diff audios depending on how many escape?

7 minutes ago, Luckystrike2778 said:

How about some type of snapshot or animation for survivors at end of round instead of j returning to mother? Or._. How bout when J returns to mom , she scolds him in a few diff audios depending on how many escape?

I'd defiantly like to see something at the end of the match pertaining to the counselors who escaped if any did, And I think there should be some different intros too maybe with another counselor getting the zoomed in shot or something. It's pretty boring to sit through the same exact intro every single time at least if there were a few variants it'd be more interesting for awhile at least. But I mainly want to see something about any surviving counselors at the end of the match

12 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

While I can agree the Friday the 13th/Jason movies have become cheesier in the later years, I can't really see what you're saying. This doesn't fall in line with the films, particularly the original series. It may fall in line with cheese like Slumber Party Massacre but in the realm of Friday the 13th- it's bad storytelling. 

People are really hung up on slasher films following the "Scream rules." Some folks may need to do some reviewing of the genre before it became self-aware with Scream.

As stated earlier, I see this game as more of an homage to slasher flicks with FT13 being the 'template'.  

I don't fully or wholly disagree with what you're saying though, and I apologize if my first post came off as "hostile"...wasn't my intent,

On 6/1/2017 at 3:12 AM, bewareofbears said:

image.png

I've said before I hate the ridiculous expression but that's not the main issue with it.

It's bad storytelling.

We see the counselors hanging out, "shit gets real" when Jason murders the no-name guy and then we see the stupid Chadface. Chad was deliberately created to be the least likeable character in the game. Instead of relating to his fear or the fear of the counselors- we get a lame joke where the douchebag of the game makes an exaggerated or cartoon expression of shock. It kills the vibe going into the match. Any other counselor would have been a better choice. Chad was purposely made for us to think he is a douche- why should we care if he's scared or going to die? We don't. Like I said, it's just bad storytelling and it kills any suspense before the match begins.

If there are new intros down the road, I hope we see something that isn't a joke or an attempt at continuing a tired, fringe internet meme.

I think they did a good job with chad being scared because chad is nothing but a chicken runner. Personally I think he is that counselor that really suppose to look out for only himself and instead of trying to face Jason or help other counselor Chad is that counselor that just hit and run away and by just seeing how scared he is when the that random guy gets killed kind of show that.