GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

1,590 posts in this topic

that is true if they are aware keyword but from what I seen there is nothing detecting it lol no traffic checking the files just to the servers. so I'm pretty sure it wont be done anytime soon.

5 hours ago, Kodiak said:

If Gun are aware of it, they will implement something to detect it.

Gun didn't do anything about Savini being leaked for free on Xbox, they didn't even make the supposed statement they claimed was coming.  They're flat out liars and at this point no one should expect them to do anything about Savini Jason because in absolutely every instance where someone got him that shouldn't have they've done jack shit.

Cer1alkill3r likes this

On 9/6/2017 at 3:04 PM, GhostWolfViking said:

Everyone plays as part 2 or part 3 Jason after the patch.

Savini Jason sucks on the new small maps. I rarely see full lobbies with him after the patch.

On the old maps before the patch every lobby had 4 or 5 Savini Jasons. He could easily get 8/8 kills.

Your lucky if you see 1 or 2 now. I own him and don't use him anymore. Not fun when you only get 2/8 kills or less.

Thanks to slow window animations and broken door animations that miss your hit. Can't quickly break shit in combat stance now. 👎 

That god mode counselors have when crawling through a window is a big pain in the ass too. Can't hit them with my weapon or grab.

New patch is going bring Savini back. He will get his revenge. 

Also no Part 9s? I'd assume his +Shift would help a lot on the smaller maps. 

You're on Xbox right? I'd hate to see every PS4 lobby filled with P3 Jasons. He's been my main Jason since day 1. I've only played the other Jasons once, and that was for the trophy that you got for playing as all the Jasons. My Retro Jason needs his twenty minutes of killing.

9 hours ago, Malevolence said:

Gun didn't do anything about Savini being leaked for free on Xbox, they didn't even make the supposed statement they claimed was coming.  They're flat out liars and at this point no one should expect them to do anything about Savini Jason because in absolutely every instance where someone got him that shouldn't have they've done jack shit.

Not necessarily true; there's reports on Reddit of people not having Savini Jason anymore. MS may already be removing them.

Malevolence likes this

On 9/7/2017 at 9:23 AM, Risinggrave said:

I know a 101 who sucks. He just plays a lot. Good guy, but he's smacked ass. 

Yeah, I wish people didn't conflate level with ability. You could die every single game in two minutes and, eventually, you're gonna reach level 101 through sheer attrition.

Alkavian, Risinggrave and RAGEVIRUS like this

8 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Not necessarily true; there's reports on Reddit of people not having Savini Jason anymore. MS may already be removing them.

I check Reddit daily to see if anyone is saying that and I haven't seen one since that first guy claimed it.  The regulars I play with all have him still.  

2moar likes this

Has gun still not said anything about this topic? They were supposed to address it. Many people that backed this game essentially paid to have something exclusive and now they don't. I don't understand why gun doesn't just patch him out of the game and reissue new codes to everyone with refunds for those on Xbox. And yes it is that easy to patch him out and replace him with a new savini code. Or why don't they just release him and give the backers a new jason designed by Tom. I'm sure he has lots of ideas. 

Malevolence likes this

• $275 Signed Physical 'Machete' Steel Collector pack

Any update on this reward tier and when backers will receive the signed physical "Machete" steel collector pack?

11 hours ago, Scorpius said:
  • $275 Signed Physical 'Machete' Steel Collector pack

Any update on this reward tier and when backers will receive the signed physical "Machete" steel collector pack?

Probably around the physical version release date of 10/13/17

I think anyone who backed this project from the beginning should be allowed to purchase Savini.  I was a backer and had no idea the significance that he would have on the game, I wish I would have bought him back then. :)

RavenStorm32 likes this

6 hours ago, StormShadow said:

Probably around the physical version release date of 10/13/17

I am thinking the same but I figured a photo of the reward would be introduced by now so we have an idea on how it looks.

11 hours ago, Scorpius said:

I am thinking the same but I figured a photo of the reward would be introduced by now so we have an idea on how it looks.

Yeah you would think.  Hell they still haven't confirmed that kickstarter backers of the normal physical edition get an exclusive cover like is stated in my pledge.

On 9/9/2017 at 11:32 PM, Cer1alkill3r said:

Has gun still not said anything about this topic? They were supposed to address it. Many people that backed this game essentially paid to have something exclusive and now they don't. I don't understand why gun doesn't just patch him out of the game and reissue new codes to everyone with refunds for those on Xbox. And yes it is that easy to patch him out and replace him with a new savini code. Or why don't they just release him and give the backers a new jason designed by Tom. I'm sure he has lots of ideas. 

gun doesnt care about the backers and kickstarters they said that in many ways. like letting all the non backers keep their  ghost rider jasons. plus their rich now so they dont really care about what we think look at the mini maps over new maps.

Czorny and Cer1alkill3r like this

On 9/8/2017 at 2:49 AM, Kodiak said:

I'm on xbox and no one I know has lost their skins.

I still see lots on Xbox compared to when I first started playing. I think I played for 3 weeks without seeing another savini. Now every couple matches has one or two 

21 hours ago, Truth said:

I'm on xbox and no one I know has lost their skins.

I have a buddy (don't worry, he never really plays) who grabbed it when it was in the MS store, just cuz hey - free Savini Jason.  He still had his the other day when he looked.

3 minutes ago, Crooked Wookie said:

I have a buddy (don't worry, he never really plays) who grabbed it when it was in the MS store, just cuz hey - free Savini Jason.

People can't really get mad at those who got it for free... I get it was supposed to be exclusive, but if someone offered you a free xbox, or computer, or car, I'm pretty sure you would take it. People are just salty that they didn't get to take advantage of the leak.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

People can't really get mad at those who got it for free... I get it was supposed to be exclusive, but if someone offered you a free xbox, or computer, or car, I'm pretty sure you would take it. People are just salty that they didn't get to take advantage of the leak.

Clearly they CAN get mad at those who got it for free.  This thread is 61 pages, mostly of angry backers pissed off that their exclusive Jason leaked all over the place.  Repeatedly.

I should add: no judgment, I get why they're so mad.  But clearly 'people shouldn't get mad at those who got it for free' would have been a more accurate statement of opinion than 'people CAN'T get mad,' which is a demonstrably untrue statement of fact.  ;)  

I still didn't get it and probably never will, it's cool though. 
Except do those specific Jason kills go towards the achievement for all kills? Not that I care about the achievements, just curious. (It was probably answered somewhere in this thread but it's 61 pages and I'm not reading that)

They should be mad at Microsoft and Sony then... Not the people that had lucky timing and got the skin. I understand them being mad, but it's not they're fault it got leaked. Was everyone just supposed to ignore it and not get the skin because it's a "backer exclusive"?

2 hours ago, PsychBam said:

I still didn't get it and probably never will, it's cool though. 
Except do those specific Jason kills go towards the achievement for all kills? Not that I care about the achievements, just curious. (It was probably answered somewhere in this thread but it's 61 pages and I'm not reading that)

I believe the answer is no.  I think Savini is exempt from that.  

2 hours ago, Truth said:

They should be mad at Microsoft and Sony then... Not the people that had lucky timing and got the skin. I understand them being mad, but it's not they're fault it got leaked. Was everyone just supposed to ignore it and not get the skin because it's a "backer exclusive"?

Oh I think they're plenty mad at everybody involved.  But GUN hasn't handled some of this particularly well.  Lot of sound and fury, very little actual action, no definite steps taken to somehow compensate backers, apologize or show them a little extra love.  So they've taken what I think could have been a fairly easy situation to defuse and let it just snowball into anger and resentment and conspiracy theories and while part of that is a fairly toxic percentage of community members a lot of it is their own mishandling of the situation(s).

And it's not hard to understand why people want to believe the repeated leaks HAVE to be some kind of crafty conspiracy on their part; after about the FOURTH time the exclusive skin becomes available through some new method it's tempting to believe nobody could be that bad at securing their exclusive DLC.  

But, again, not taking any side in this, I think their issue is less "people should have ignored it and not gotten it' and more 'GUN should have taken steps to take it BACK from the people who weren't supposed to have it.'  But I think  GUN has found that to be much easier said than done, if the lack of action is any indication.

Cer1alkill3r likes this

11 hours ago, Crooked Wookie said:

I believe the answer is no.  I think Savini is exempt from that.  

Oh I think they're plenty mad at everybody involved.  But GUN hasn't handled some of this particularly well.  Lot of sound and fury, very little actual action, no definite steps taken to somehow compensate backers, apologize or show them a little extra love.  So they've taken what I think could have been a fairly easy situation to defuse and let it just snowball into anger and resentment and conspiracy theories and while part of that is a fairly toxic percentage of community members a lot of it is their own mishandling of the situation(s).

And it's not hard to understand why people want to believe the repeated leaks HAVE to be some kind of crafty conspiracy on their part; after about the FOURTH time the exclusive skin becomes available through some new method it's tempting to believe nobody could be that bad at securing their exclusive DLC.  

But, again, not taking any side in this, I think their issue is less "people should have ignored it and not gotten it' and more 'GUN should have taken steps to take it BACK from the people who weren't supposed to have it.'  But I think  GUN has found that to be much easier said than done, if the lack of action is any indication.

Since it was Microsoft's and Sony's fault that those were leaked in the first place, it should fall on them to first apologize to GUN and then take those back from people who downloaded it. Do like a massive rollback or something, but I feel at this point it's too little too late and that's why everyone is upset over the Savini Jason. I'm a little more chill about it than most, I like having my exclusive but I guess he isn't entirely "exclusive" anymore since Sony and Microsoft goofed with that DLC, I don't know how it happened but it did. At this point we can only hope it doesn't happen again.

10 hours ago, Nickypoolicious said:

Since it was Microsoft's and Sony's fault that those were leaked in the first place, it should fall on them to first apologize to GUN and then take those back from people who downloaded it. Do like a massive rollback or something, but I feel at this point it's too little too late and that's why everyone is upset over the Savini Jason. I'm a little more chill about it than most, I like having my exclusive but I guess he isn't entirely "exclusive" anymore since Sony and Microsoft goofed with that DLC, I don't know how it happened but it did. At this point we can only hope it doesn't happen again.

At this point it really doesn't matter on Xbox, 7/8 players have him.  I need a new Savini code from Gun for PC.  I'll buy this game for the fourth time, this time on PC, if they'll just give me (A very early backer) a Savini skin to use on a system that doesn't have 7 in EVERY match.