GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

1,440 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

And his music is all *skreeeeee*

Dude, I'm talking about we haven't been told anything as how they plan to rectify the situation. 

Just now, Krangsuit said:

Dude, I'm talking about we haven't been told anything as how they plan to rectify the situation. 

They said their plan. Just no results so far.

1 minute ago, Krangsuit said:

On 7/28/2017 at 7:39 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

We would like to update fans of the game concerning the unexpected free availability of the Tom Savini designed Jason Voorhees skin designed for Friday the 13th: The Game on the Xbox Store. A technical issue labeled the skin as a free download whereas it was only intended to be offered to those that received tokens to download via pre-order on BackerKit or as a reward via Kickstarter per an appropriate backer tier. 

The link to the free download that was discovered by fans has been around since the launch of the game, unknown to Gun Media or IllFonic. Upon discovery, we worked with Microsoft to correct the error and ensure that the skin could no longer be accessed. For technical reasons the link will remain on the Xbox Store, but will only be available for download by its intended recipients. We are also working with Microsoft to remove access from those that should not have been able to download the content.

This was an unfortunate circumstance, one that was in no way intended by Gun Media, IllFonic or Microsoft, and our apologies to our backers who purchased this skin with the knowledge that it would remain an exclusive to backers as thanks for their support

And he's the only glowy Jason.

2 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

And he's the only glowy Jason.

That post was made on the 27th of July and since then. ZIP! And that's my point. You can keep quoting that if you want tho. 

41 minutes ago, Krangsuit said:

That's the thing. We haven't been "told" anything. Till they actually acknowledge what happen I'm gonna assume it was done on purpose since the xbox version is obviously the most fucked. 

9 minutes ago, Krangsuit said:

On 7/28/2017 at 7:39 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

We are also working with Microsoft to remove access from those that should not have been able to download the content.

Getting angry about it isn't going to change the fact that your statement was addressed ON the 28th of July.

lHeartBreakerl likes this

1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Getting angry about it isn't going to change the fact that your statement was addressed ON the 28th of July.

Again. I'm talking about the suppose work they are doing with Microsoft. 

5 minutes ago, Krangsuit said:

That post was made on the 27th of July and since then. ZIP! And that's my point. You can keep quoting that if you want tho. 

Problem is, this may not be on Gun. They said they are working with Microsoft.

Microsoft may be the ones dragging their feet on this issue, which wouldn't surprise me. Gun may have sold 1.8 million copies of their game, but they are still small potatoes to Microsoft. Not that Microsoft would ignore them, just that Gun might not be ahead of Activision and Bethesda in the line of stuff we need to do today.

Gun would be insane to come aqnd say, hey, don't look at us, it's totally Microsoft's fault. Gun's hands may in fact be tied on this issue until a large corporation lumbers its way around to their issues.

Of course that is speculation, but what is fact is that there is no news to report, and if there was we would likely have it. The more I think about this and other issues with the game, the more I figure they just have nothing they can say that would make things better. I think they are smart enough to know, withholding bad news as a company is actually worse than anything else they can do. You rip that band aid off, else you make things worse in the long run.

I am pretty sure if they couldn't do it, we would know, so it is a matter of waiting for Microsoft to do something. Gun cannot touch your Xbox account.

Full disclosure, I have no skin in this fight as I did not know the game existed before June and I do not have an Xbox.

7 minutes ago, Krangsuit said:

Again. I'm talking about the suppose work they are doing with Microsoft. 

You feel as though you deserve a peek into their inner dealings with Microsoft? If so, you are mistaken. Unless you are a shareholder in one of these companies your interest ends at mere curiosity.

I am curious when the new content will be released. I am not owed insight into that information until such time as Gun Media chooses to divulge it.

Additionally, I am not owed the opportunity to view the Coca-Cola formula, despite the fact that I once bought a bottle of the stuff.

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime
Spelling error

3 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Problem is, this may not be on Gun. They said they are working with Microsoft.

Microsoft may be the ones dragging their feet on this issue, which wouldn't surprise me. Gun may have sold 1.8 million copies of their game, but they are still small potatoes to Microsoft. Not that Microsoft would ignore them, just that Gun might not be ahead of Activision and Bethesda in the line of stuff we need to do today.

Gun would be insane to come aqnd say, hey, don't look at us, it's totally Microsoft's fault. Gun's hands may in fact be tied on this issue until a large corporation lumbers its way around to their issues.

Of course that is speculation, but what is fact is that there is no news to report, and if there was we would likely have it. The more I think about this and other issues with the game, the more I figure they just have nothing they can say that would make things better. I think they are smart enough to know, withholding bad news as a company is actually worse than anything else they can do. You rip that band aid off, else you make things worse in the long run.

I am pretty sure if they couldn't do it, we would know, so it is a matter of waiting for Microsoft to do something. Gun cannot touch your Xbox account.

Full disclosure, I have no skin in this fight as I did not know the game existed before June and I do not have an Xbox.

While you might be right I just find it difficult to believe. Remember, Microsoft has nothing without developers and publishers. 

Similar situations like this have happened in the past but they where rectified pretty quickly. 

11 minutes ago, Krangsuit said:

While you might be right I just find it difficult to believe. Remember, Microsoft has nothing without developers and publishers. 

Similar situations like this have happened in the past but they where rectified pretty quickly. 

If you are talking about Fallout 4 being free and revoked promptly you are talking about Bethesda an AAA Developer, of course they moved fast on that. You are correct platforms aren't much without developers and that is why AAA companies receive very different treatment compared to indie developers. No one will admit it but it's all about what you bring to the table. 

Fallout 4 sold 12 million copies on launch day. 

Friday the 13th sold 1.8 million to date. If there was a problem between the two who do you think is getting attention over the other? 

The issue was addressed and also keep in mind working with companies on games is covered by a NDA you can not throw out details as you would like to. There is information you can say and information you can't. It's the way the business works. You can trust that if something can be done about it, it will.

Definitelynotjason likes this

8 minutes ago, Krangsuit said:

With who though? Multi-million selling franchise producers or the little horror that could company? I don't want to paint Microsoft with a terrible mega corp brush, but how would you spend your resources? Solving the biggest problems first is the likely answer.

Let us not forget that Microsoft would be in every home and office without the developers of video games. I do not own an xbox, but I have 2 pc's and a work computer with the word microsoft written all over them.

I also think it might be a harder thing to do than just removing a thing. Jason maybe more integrated in to things than we know, and once added it might be harder to get him out than it appears.

I am sad that I didnt have a system at the time that this came out. Or a decent job to kickin the kick starter. He is cool looking, but I am happy with my 8-bit nes jason. He was a beast back in the 80's on n.e.s. and I love his music when he is coming for you. Next we need a councilor from there.  Kristy is the one!

12 hours ago, JPops said:

Fallout 4 sold 12 million copies on launch day. 

WOW. I wasn't aware of that. 12 million copies in one day is just... that's insane. That's like a movie making $720,000,000 on its first day of release!

Well Fallout games are some of the best video games ever made imo. I've waited 2 years for Fallout 4 GOTY edition. I've put hundreds of hours and countless playthoughs on both 3 and NV, so im so excited for 4 :) Anyway, my point is that great games like these need to sell, to remind us that there still good games around. Unlike some other cash grabs who shall not be named made by a company which rhymes with stEAl ;)