GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

1,440 posts in this topic

Also what about the Virtuel Cabin Trophey is that been done or have i missed that?

2 hours ago, WARRIC said:

Also what about the Virtuel Cabin Trophey is that been done or have i missed that?

If you have the VC you can still get it. But it really has no purpose.

14 hours ago, Unclebunt said:

You are aware combat stancing to break doors down is technically cheating as it's an error in the game and you are exploiting that error..

Pretty sure I read that it's not an exploit somewhere. I use it every door.

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Pretty sure I read that it's not an exploit somewhere. I use it every door.

This goes back to the whole "Pappus" fiasco and somebody actually reached out to the devs and asked them and they replied something like "we are working on this it shouldn't happen" but don't quote me exactly.

If this wasn't exploitation of an error in the game, then why did they even add the "hold attack button to destroy"? Makes it obsolete.

Just trying to help.

25 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

This goes back to the whole "Pappus" fiasco and somebody actually reached out to the devs and asked them and they replied something like "we are working on this it shouldn't happen" but don't quote me exactly.

If this wasn't exploitation of an error in the game, then why did they even add the "hold attack button to destroy"? Makes it obsolete.

Just trying to help.

Windows maybe, or one-hit doors, generally quick hits in the heat of battle. I never felt like it was an exploit because getting your weapon stuck in the door every swing seemed a little ridiculous. I guess I'll keep using it until there's a definitive answer though. It saves so much time...

@GunMedia_Ben, @wes or @Randygbk Can one of you guys chime in and let us know if combat stance for breaking down doors is an exploit or works as intended?

8 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Windows maybe, or one-hit doors, generally quick hits in the heat of battle. I never felt like it was an exploit because getting your weapon stuck in the door every swing seemed a little ridiculous. I guess I'll keep using it until there's a definitive answer though. It saves so much time...

@GunMedia_Ben, @wes or @Randygbk Can one of you guys chime in and let us know if combat stance for breaking down doors is an exploit or works as intended?

I like just holding the button. Set and forget. No button presses not registering and no weapon getting stuck. I say it can be faster to combat stance door but it can also take longer if weapon gets stuck. I would say probably not an exploit because it has the chance of actually hindering you so it balances out. 

On 8/12/2017 at 3:55 AM, Unclebunt said:

You are aware combat stancing to break doors down is technically cheating as it's an error in the game and you are exploiting that error..

No, I don't exploit bugs on Friday The 13th.

Example of a bug: Using combat stance to move through walls, doors or objects. *Patched by the developers.

Using combat stance to attack with Jason is not a bug. It would have been patched by developers already if it was ''cheating''.

No where in the rules does it say "Breaking down doors in combat stance will get you banned".

If the developers think it is an issue add it to a patch.

Problem solved.

Just a heads up, I got that bot they have on twitter to avoid my question again. It tried to get smart by being "direct" with me so I got a lot more "direct" with it in asking what they were going to do about people who shouldn't have the Savini skin, I suspect it'll ignore me but if it doesn't I'll post it here.

22 hours ago, Unclebunt said:

You're stuck in an animation and it takes a bit longer from what I've heard. Using combat stance is faster, but counselors can stun you the moment you break the door instead waiting for you to come inside. 

On 8/12/2017 at 0:06 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

If you have the VC you can still get it. But it really has no purpose.

What's the VC trophy? I have the VC but really haven't messed with it that much.

36 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

What's the VC trophy? I have the VC but really haven't messed with it that much.

You gotta stare at a bunch of stuff and Pamelas shrine will appear in the basement. If you stare at her head Jason will come out and kill you. Then a screen will appear saying "You are the-insert number here- person to die by Jason". You get a corresponding badge with the number you are. I guess it was originally supposed to be transferred over to the main game, but it doesn't.

StormShadow likes this

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

You gotta stare at a bunch of stuff and Pamelas shrine will appear in the basement. If you stare at her head Jason will come out and kill you. Then a screen will appear saying "You are the-insert number here- person to die by Jason". You get a corresponding badge with the number you are. I guess it was originally supposed to be transferred over to the main game, but it doesn't.

gotcha, thanks! I'll have to look around online to see if I can find information on what all I have to stare at.

lHeartBreakerl likes this

So the savina jason hasent been revoked On xbox is the backers even going to get any thing from Gun media as compensation for it. or are you going to sweep it under the rug and forget about it. The Backers that supported you when you needed them and now you got the money we are nothing and getting abused by people if you mention your a backer or being called a cheat if you say your a backer. We need a token from Gun Media A Bit of DLC only for us Please something to show that the backers have not been forgotten.

Cer1alkill3r likes this

2 minutes ago, WARRIC said:

So the savina jason hasent been revoked On xbox is the backers even going to get any thing from Gun media as compensation for it. or are you going to sweep it under the rug and forget about it. The Backers that supported you when you needed them and now you got the money we are nothing and getting abused by people if you mention your a backer or being called a cheat if you say your a backer. We need a token from Gun Media A Bit of DLC only for us Please something to show that the backers have not been forgotten.

Probably gonna just sweep it under the rug it's been a decent amount of time and I don't think they'll be revoked.

Still running into at least 1 every lobby.

I still don't see as many of them on Xbox as I expected (I kept hearing 'lobbies and lobbies' full of them) and for me it's been more like one, maybe two, every three or four lobbies.  Maybe less.  But definitely more than there used to be.

I was in a lobby with someone last night and asked them in a PM where they got their Savini Jason, if they didn't mind me asking.  They told me someone 'gave' it to them, and when I asked what that meant they told me they got it via the save sharing method.  So those are definitely still around, too.

But yeah I'm guessing that as many weeks have now gone by, if they were going to do some mass pull of Savini Jason it would have happened by now.  It's such a tangled mess at this point figuring out who got them how, and which ones they can take away, and whether Microsoft has any interest in helping them out, that it's hard to believe they're going to do much anymore.  

Hopefully they do something cool for original backers.

I actually got that bot on twitter to respond to me by accusing it of being a bot.  It got "direct" with me by saying the skin wasn't going back on sale.  The problem is my initial tweet was asking for a direct comment on what they were going to do, if they were going to take it away or not.  So I tweeted back even more directly my question and it's refused to answer.  I'll wait until the new content drops and if they still haven't said anything about it, it'll 100% confirm that they honestly do not give a single shit about the people that backed them when they asked for help.

On 8/18/2017 at 11:59 AM, WARRIC said:

I will never understand this mentality.  It disgusts me to be honest.

They may or may not revoke...they may or may not be thinking of giving you something else that is exclusive to you.

When you say "NOW YOU GOT THE MONEY AND WE ARE NOTHING" that is just downright silly.  Did the developers come out and say you were nothing? No they didn't.  I would guess they are eternally grateful that they have been given the opportunity to create this game...and it was because of you...and many others helped along the way.

Did you back this game to see it made...or did you back it to feel like they would owe you something?

You mention people abusing you in lobbies...or calling you a cheat...WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE SAY...how is that the developers fault.  Every game ever made has a rating...and then it also lets you know that the game experience may change during online play...people are rude and say stupid stuff...this is not new and you know this.

So you want two things...a token next to your name so people know you backed the game...okay sure.  Right now the DLC only for you guys is SAVINI JASON...and was released to xbox players for free by accident I am assuming and has since been removed from the MS STORE? Does this accident mean they forgot about you...I am not convinced.

I have saw backers say that they are happy people get to enjoy Savini...you are not one of those...you want it for you only and you want to see it taken away from people who downloaded it for free....they did not steal it....therefore you find enjoyment in seeing other people have stuff taken away from them...

SnakeSound222 likes this

On 8/12/2017 at 11:04 PM, Unclebunt said:

Just trying to help.

It is not an exploit. They said so on Reddit.

1498767680_combat.PNG

3 hours ago, Sneakler said:

They may or may not revoke...they may or may not be thinking of giving you something else that is exclusive to you.

When you say "NOW YOU GOT THE MONEY AND WE ARE NOTHING" that is just downright silly.  Did the developers come out and say you were nothing? No they didn't.  I would guess they are eternally grateful that they have been given the opportunity to create this game...and it was because of you...and many others helped along the way.

Did you back this game to see it made...or did you back it to feel like they would owe you something?

You mention people abusing you in lobbies...or calling you a cheat...WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE SAY...how is that the developers fault.  Every game ever made has a rating...and then it also lets you know that the game experience may change during online play...people are rude and say stupid stuff...this is not new and you know this.

So you want two things...a token next to your name so people know you backed the game...okay sure.  Right now the DLC only for you guys is SAVINI JASON...and was released to xbox players for free by accident I am assuming and has since been removed from the MS STORE? Does this accident mean they forgot about you...I am not convinced.

I have saw backers say that they are happy people get to enjoy Savini...you are not one of those...you want it for you only and you want to see it taken away from people who downloaded it for free....they did not steal it....therefore you find enjoyment in seeing other people have stuff taken away from them...

I hope they take them away as well. That would certainly make me happy. They shouldn't have him anyway 🙂 

Malevolence likes this

8 hours ago, Sneakler said:

I agree, it's just a VIRTUAL Jason. It's not a 24 karat gold life-size statue of him. People are acting like they were going to be multi-billionaires by purchasing Savini. Who cares if others were able to get it? They took advantage of a screw up and got Savini Jason. Good for them.  Even if Gun makes something else backer-exclusive to compensate, guess what? It's going to leak. And non-backers like me are going to buy it. Gun simply cannot do exclusives. It'll leak sooner or later. It's shocking how the counselor pack hasn't been leaked yet. Heck every "exclusive" they put out should be called a timed exclusive lol. I will not be surprised if on October 13th, Savini and the CCP leak on all three platforms. 

Sneakler likes this

You are obviously more then within reason to want Savini taken away from people.

The main reason for my post is the "YOU GOT OUR MONEY AND NOW WE ARE DIRT AND MEAN NOTHING" attitude on display.

The developers have never once came out and said this and for all you know it is something they are working on...maybe the fix will be something new...maybe the fix will be revoking the Savini skin...but coming on the forum and saying you are being abused in lobbies and all this nonsense that has nothing to do with the developers is just silly.

I want the developers having the right priorities....and so should you guys.  Currently your priorities are ME ME ME...and not the GAME.  The developers are pushing out 1 new map...3 mini maps....some new counselors....etc.  Once this update goes live...I hope they get back to the drawing board on how to stop the overflow of selfish tears coming from people who need to relax and not assume they have been forgotten.

I said it earlier...and stand by it...I believe the developers are forever thankful for your support and have not forgotten about you.  Until they say otherwise give them the benefit of the doubt because the Savini release was an accident/mistake...tell me if I am wrong.

8 hours ago, Sneakler said:

I was going to tell you to take this crap to the Savini thread but then saw where I was. Carry on... :lol:

4 hours ago, IronKnight55 said:

I hope they take them away as well. That would certainly make me happy. They shouldn't have him anyway 🙂 

Ditto, particularly those who got it for free. It's exclusive but it's also a paid DLC.

6 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

It is not an exploit. They said so on Reddit.

1498767680_combat.PNG

Good to know. :)

Its The principle of the thing i know its only a bit of DLC and not 24 caret gold they never even said we are sorry all we got was there looking in to it. 

I don't care if everyone gets it for free or gets to keep it because of the accident...

... I just want a refund for being charged for something that is/was available for free to the public. I've asked twice already, if someone could direct me to the place I can request said refund that would be great! 

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Skeezy4Twenty said:

I don't care if everyone gets it for free or gets to keep it because of the accident...

... I just want a refund for being charged for something that is/was available for free to the public. I've asked twice already, if someone could direct me to the place I can request said refund that would be great! 

Thanks.

I know right. Where the hells our money gone?