GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

1,387 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Seeker said:

Any updates on the situation?

Also gun could try do a kickstart to raise money to fight Sony and Ms in court. 

As much as you want gun to fight sony and ms to fix this situation,  it's not going to happen.  There is .00000000000000000001 chance gun would try to even sue them since they are dependant on them to release games in the first place.  Even when Sony was hacked and offered compensation to gamers for the leak,  they didn't offer money.  They just offered a few games. 

3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

As much as you want gun to fight sony and ms to fix this situation,  it's not going to happen.  There is .00000000000000000001 chance gun would try to even sue them since they are dependant on them to release games in the first place.  Even when Sony was hacked and offered compensation to gamers for the leak,  they didn't offer money.  They just offered a few games. 

It's a pitty lol 

I think they need to do 1 of 2 things. Either refund backers for the skin that paid for it since most have gotten it for free or keep my 6 $ and pump it into more DLC. I know it's only 6$ but I work hard for my money and the fact that they were made available for free on both store fronts  pisses me off !  Backers are owed something more from what has taken place now on XBOX Too ! Complete BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!! @GunMedia

12 minutes ago, TWarner said:

I think they need to do 1 of 2 things. Either refund backers for the skin that paid for it since most have gotten it for free or keep my 6 $ and pump it into more DLC. I know it's only 6$ but I work hard for my money and the fact that they were made available for free on both store fronts  pisses me off !  Backers are owed something more from what has taken place now on XBOX Too ! Complete BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!! @GunMedia

The guy you tagged is not GunMedia's account. It's a fake one lmao

SnakeSound222 likes this

17 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

It was the same one that said Savini would available on all three platforms July 1st lol.

17 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

It was the same one that said Savini would available on all three platforms July 1st lol.

Been waiting to hear this announcement.  Saw on Reddit some skins are being revoked, haven't had confirmation from anyone else and I still see them everywhere. 

47 minutes ago, chaosguy67 said:

Lmao people wanting to sue microsoft and sony over a $6 skin...

People who have no idea how civil suits work or even what they cost crack me up. But people also think lawyers are magical money creators so there's that. 

Honestly i I hope they revoke the skins just because of the principle. I downloaded it free and while I appreciate the test run I really didn't get a feeling of awe from Savini Jason aesthetically or performance wise. If it's that big of a deal I say take him back

Malevolence likes this

6 hours ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

People who have no idea how civil suits work or even what they cost crack me up. But people also think lawyers are magical money creators so there's that. 

Honestly i I hope they revoke the skins just because of the principle. I downloaded it free and while I appreciate the test run I really didn't get a feeling of awe from Savini Jason aesthetically or performance wise. If it's that big of a deal I say take him back

From what I gather, you can sue anyone for anything in the States. Doesn't mean it will be successful. Frivolous lawsuits are pretty common.

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

From what I gather, you can sue anyone for anything in the States. Doesn't mean it will be successful. Frivolous lawsuits are pretty common.

If some idiot can sue because their hot coffee was hot then I say anything is pretty much fair game. 

bewareofbears likes this

Not a backer here, but the lack of any official statement by Gun about this really makes me think this whole thing was done on purpose as reconciliation to Xbox players. Which kind of makes me think.... If they're this willing to give out the EXCLUSIVE skin as an apology, that pretty much confirms that they're not willing to make anything new. I'm honestly starting to think that they're not going to make any new content. This company has been an absolute disappoint since the release of this game. The only thing they've done content-wise is very lazily recolor the Part III skin. They gave out the Savini skin because they don't want to make anything new. Not to mention the fact that there are backer rewards that have yet to be fulfilled. 

5 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

Not a backer here, but the lack of any official statement by Gun about this really makes me think this whole thing was done on purpose as reconciliation to Xbox players. Which kind of makes me think.... If they're this willing to give out the EXCLUSIVE skin as an apology, that pretty much confirms that they're not willing to make anything new. I'm honestly starting to think that they're not going to make any new content. This company has been an absolute disappoint since the release of this game. The only thing they've done content-wise is very lazily recolor the Part III skin. They gave out the Savini skin because they don't want to make anything new. Not to mention the fact that there are backer rewards that have yet to be fulfilled. 

Their silence on this particular matter is a shame. However, I highly doubt that they would intentionally go against what they stated, very clearly, without having an announcement/explanation planned. It just doesn't match their personalities and M.O. at all. 

It being a botched job does, but their silence about it is odd and disappointing. One guess I have is that they are flat out sick of apologizing and explaining what happened to make things wrong. That or some sort of issue with talking badly about their partner in this, Microsoft, who I imagine is at fault.

Just guess work here though, and all around... that's all we've got at this point.

Is there any truth and any confirmation about people having this free Savini Skin removed from their accounts? (I imagine not, or there'd be more reports of it, and more people coming here to post about it) That would say enough, in and of itself, if it were true and it was being removed.

It's possible that Gun media is greatly unhappy with what options, if any, that they do have - given some possible issue with their deal with Microsoft and/or who decides what the policy is in this instance.

Anyway... shit happens. I just fought off cancer... this ain't much to worry about.

25 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

Their silence on this particular matter is a shame. However, I highly doubt that they would intentionally go against what they stated, very clearly, without having an announcement/explanation planned. It just doesn't match their personalities and M.O. at all. 

It being a botched job does, but their silence about it is odd and disappointing. One guess I have is that they are flat out sick of apologizing and explaining what happened to make things wrong. That or some sort of issue with talking badly about their partner in this, Microsoft, who I imagine is at fault.

Just guess work here though, and all around... that's all we've got at this point.

Pretty good guess. Id say you're right.

26 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

Is there any truth and any confirmation about people having this free Savini Skin removed from their accounts? (I imagine not, or there'd be more reports of it, and more people coming here to post about it) That would say enough, in and of itself, if it were true and it was being removed.

It's possible that Gun media is greatly unhappy with what options, if any, that they do have - given some possible issue with their deal with Microsoft and/or who decides what the policy is in this instance.

I think it's just the exploit Savinis. Which is good. But there's more free ones out there 

27 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

Anyway... shit happens. I just fought off cancer... this ain't much to worry about.

Damn man. Congrats I'm happy for you. Glad we can still have you around this dive bar. And I'm sure your family is even more happy.

SnakeSound222 likes this

If They cant even post a comment about the cock up on the savina skin they will lose alot of backers for the next game they try and make. i wont be backing a company that cant be straight with its userbase.

7 minutes ago, WARRIC said:

If They cant even post a comment about the cock up on the savina skin they will lose alot of backers for the next game they try and make. i wont be backing a company that cant be straight with its userbase.

They did leave a comment about the situation.It's back a couple pages. I think 45.

On 29/07/2017 at 0:39 AM, GunMedia_Ben said:

We would like to update fans of the game concerning the unexpected free availability of the Tom Savini designed Jason Voorhees skin designed for Friday the 13th: The Game on the Xbox Store. A technical issue labeled the skin as a free download whereas it was only intended to be offered to those that received tokens to download via pre-order on BackerKit or as a reward via Kickstarter per an appropriate backer tier. 

The link to the free download that was discovered by fans has been around since the launch of the game, unknown to Gun Media or IllFonic. Upon discovery, we worked with Microsoft to correct the error and ensure that the skin could no longer be accessed. For technical reasons the link will remain on the Xbox Store, but will only be available for download by its intended recipients. We are also working with Microsoft to remove access from those that should not have been able to download the content.

This was an unfortunate circumstance, one that was in no way intended by Gun Media, IllFonic or Microsoft, and our apologies to our backers who purchased this skin with the knowledge that it would remain an exclusive to backers as thanks for their support

lHeartBreakerl likes this

9 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

The best part of that statement is that Savini has been available on xbox for free since launch.

and dlc clothes also they left that one out since people hasn't said anything about it lol

11 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

The best part of that statement is that Savini has been available on xbox for free since launch.

Yeah. I'm honestly surprised that this didn't come to light sooner. If that's the case its going to be very hard to figure out how many people downloaded it if that is the case.

3 minutes ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

Yeah. I'm honestly surprised that this didn't come to light sooner. If that's the case its going to be very hard to figure out how many people downloaded it if that is the case.

I'm sure it would be fairly easy to see how many people downloaded it. I think there's some system that keeps track of how many users download an item.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'm sure it would be fairly easy to see how many people downloaded it. I'm sure some system keeps track of how many users download an item.

True but if it has been floating around since launch; how do you differentiate  legitimate redemptions from the other? I guess by date at least for the recent leak.

4 minutes ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

True but if it has been floating around since launch; how do you differentiate  legitimate redemptions from the other? I guess by date at least for the recent leak.

Since backers had to redeem via code, I assume there would be some sort of differentiation for receiving it free on the store.

I hope at least.

they would do date of recent link or code redemption the issue is the scale of people that did this or created fake accounts a massive roll back of this nature they are figuring out how to either a : Automate it B: who is the unlucky person to go through thousands of accounts c: saying screw it because its not a AAA game.

The support account on Twitter is repeatedly saying no word on what will happen as to rather or not those that got SJ for free on Xbox will get to keep him, despite what @GunMedia_Benhas said on here. Wonder who's right.

We have unconfirmed reports from users that the skin is being removed, but MS has not directly confirmed with us just yet. We're pinging them to find out. Until we know 100%, we continue to maintain that it's being looked into. 

Super Ty likes this