GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

1,387 posts in this topic

They need to do some damage control like yesterday. As a backer, I really think they should release the skin to everyone at the full price, and make a different backer-specific Jason. If they do anything otherwise, they're basically going against everything they said at the beginning of this thread.

14 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

They need to do some damage control like yesterday. As a backer, I really think they should release the skin to everyone at the full price, and make a different backer-specific Jason. If they do anything otherwise, they're basically going against everything they said at the beginning of this thread.

Yes let the backers have Uber Jason

Blackfyre1983 likes this

The game is fun. The concept is great. Deep down I do love the game.

But it has been a complete disaster since launch. Look at the number of people playing on PC.

It's actually sad.  The original post is a lie. Whether it was accidental or not. Similar things done have been done successfully. This is a complete embarrassment.

Wow moaning keep going....guyz just accept the fact they developers cant do anything.

It doesnt matter who and what deserved. This dlc been free and paid on both platform, who buy and get free automatically get LICENSE on this product and no way take it back from them....never happened before and not gonna happened in the near future. Its done.

No revoke, no bans, nothing coz this "mistake" absolutely LEGAL.

The maximum if its microsoft and sony faults, this two company just pay penalty for publishers, developers who responsible for friday 13 (im sure they have some options in they contract/agreement), after this they get money (of coz u NEVER see any NEWS about this), money going to they accounts and thats folks. For u they say something we working on new content blablabla maybe even make some "special" content for who moaning and crying....but for special dlc not believe.

So who still cant accept the fact every one HAVE SJ and u feeling like u been raped or broken and u go to play others game....u welcome. I still not going anywhere coz game awesome and unbelievably addicted!)

My personally dont care even i spent 300$usd. All i wanna they keep make patches (game still crashing), and add new content especially for money.

4 hours ago, Seeker said:

Thought we already agreed your job is to deal with issues releated to the forum and not issues related to the game?

It's not your job to tell people what they can or can't download or silence the people that do tell others.

That's a major misuse and abuse of your mod powers.

Stop silencing and abusing your powers.

You're getting blinded by loyalty.

As I said, my job is what Ben tells me to do, not what you tell me to do. If something breaks forum rules, it is dealt with. Having dozens of "OMG free Savini" threads is not something we want. I've kept it to one centralized discussion. 

I'm not telling people what they can or can't download but I won't tolerate dozens of threads from users telling people how to claim something that is clearly a mistake on Microsoft's part. 

As I said, how I use my mod powers is not for you to decide. Rules are rules, there are to be no duplicate threads so I'll clean them up when I see them. I don't "silence" anyone (a phrase you're a bit too fond of saying), I simply do what is asked of me by the community manager.

Now, back to the topic at hand and less of this "you're an abusive mod for doing your job" talk.

1 hour ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

As a backer, I think they should put it up for sale too- as well as making a statement that they are incapable of keeping promises.

weirdkid5 likes this

They shouldn't bring out something more like dlc addons and so on cause everything they do get broken like this here! Make the game playable then they r fine. Nothing more 

All those people asking for a new exclusive... *sigh* Let me be as polite as possible. The game has been out for a couple of months, meaning that if they made a new exclusive they would have to use resources, money. Money from all of us who paid the game regardless of how and when, money from thousands, maybe millions of people(at least i assume it's millions since it was the best selling for a month) just to make a skin for 12000 backers? No offence but with Savini you had your excuse "you believed, you supported etc etc" but now this not your money anymore, this is everyone who paid for the game money, MY money and i sure as hell didn't paid for for more exclusive dlc, i paid for something i will be able to get too. Yes it was bad for Sony and now Microsoft to screw up but the devs responded asap and Removed in a matter of hours in BOTH situations. It is what it is. Let it be. There are far more important stuff to focus now than this. 

Earmack likes this

Okay my stance has changed since last night.

I am sure @GunMedia_Ben and co are looking at how best to damage control this. Last night I would've loved to have SJ released to all at a price. I say this because Gun Media have brought us a game we all wanted for so long - at least by charging $6-$10 you get one over those 'scammy' people on eBay selling it in the hundreds - and also would prefer the money to be going to Gun for them to invest in single player / additional content.

Yes backers were offered and Exclusive Skin - let's be honest it is no longer exclusive. But at the same time you did have exclusive usage of it for two months - better than nothing right.

Last night after seeing how long it was on the Microsoft store for I was all for just releasing it. @GunMedia_Ben and his team will no doubt stick to their word, they seem the type to do that. However, I do hope they are working on other DLC as really the three maps is getting boring, the same Jasons are getting boring, but just know if you need additional cash you have this one commodity that people are still willing to pay for.

TheHansonGoons likes this

At this point like I said they should release it at a 10$-15$ tag reason why because its more then founders paid but also its a Unique full blown Jason not a skin.  5-6$ for skins reason for this it generates more money for the dev team and brings more into them that they can fix the issues by hiring more people or hiring Savini again himself to do another backer exclusive "SKIN" not full blown Jason make it very unique different run/walk animation kills everything or even a taunt added.  Also as a sorry for the screw up release all future skins to the backers free / give them a headstart on new jasons coming out by 2-3 weeks that way the real backers "which I'm not one for RL Reasons" a chance to feel special and they can provide feed back on them Jason's before the thousands get them. 

Not sure what it's worth but last night Nic and Riley from Slash N Cast repeatedly said on their stream that they talked to Gun Media. Gun checked to make sure the XBox Savini release had nothing to do with their patch. It didn't. It was all on Microsoft. They also said all XBox users that downloaded it for free will get it revoked. Believe or don't believe time will tell.

31 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

Not sure what it's worth but last night Nic and Riley from Slash N Cast repeatedly said on their stream that they talked to Gun Media. Gun checked to make sure the XBox Savini release had nothing to do with their patch. It didn't. It was all on Microsoft. They also said all XBox users that downloaded it for free will get it revoked. Believe or don't believe time will tell.

Yea just like it was Microsoft's fault Xbox users had to wait for that patch too,right? Or sonys fault when savini leaked there.steam Microsoft and Sony's fault we couldn't get backer keys at a decent time.  Funny how it's always someone else's fault when this team screws up.

the issue is that it was a download if people really want to exploit it they can just pull the hard drive and do copies that way just like modded Xboxes so it will never be truly 100% gone.

I scoped out the forums before i made my open topic, I was amazed there weren't any mentioning this "leak" so I made my own only to see it deleted, I imagine it's that Pop guy that did it and I understand why as I thought this topic had been locked by gun when it stated that the skin would NOT be released.  Well it got released again, as usual they're all quiet on their end.  I know they're trying to think how to carefully type out "We are sorry, AGAIN, we can't control what Microsoft does, we are mad blah blah blah blah they get to keep the skin."

NERF THE SKIN.  I have supported you guys through lie after life, mistake after mistake.  I was upset when it was released on PS4 but excepted that it wasn't your fault that it was Sony's. Twice is not an accident.  You should've immediately made 1000% sure that any trace of that skin in any store cost a fortune.  You know who your backers are that should have skin.

I keep seeing the "It would take resources to make a new skin" blah blah blah.  It wouldn't take long for you to nerf the skin into the ground and make a DLC pack for backers that buffs it back to it's standard stats though.  There are ways to fix it for backers that is simpler than just saying "What's done is done." You guys did it, you made an amazing game but you released it broken as any game could be.  The Xbox backers couldn't even play the Savini Jason because of the crashes, I set my preferred as counselor because I ALWAYS crashed as Jason. Today TODAY is my birthday. I've been working out of town all week, I figured "Hey I can come home and play Friday the 13th finally" and while I'm waiting for it to update and browsing Reddit of all places I see a nice little picture of Buzz Lightyear saying to Woody, on xbox, "Savini's, Savini's everywhere" and I KNEW something had happened. So now I don't even want to turn my game on.  I only use the Savini skin because you made Part VII the worst Jason, the only thing would've made him worse than he is now is if you disabled his shift entirely. 

I'm giving you a simple fix, which I know would take roughly six weeks for you guys to get out, but NERF SAVINI INTO THE GROUND and send us a DLC for buffs. Make that DLC cost a fortune behind the scenes so that when that gets leaked too, everyone can't just up and grab it because of "Microsoft/Sony"

I think in all honesty we should look at this in a positive way. At least for 24 hours we had something to talk about and read rather than "this person is team killing me wah wah wah" so really thanks to @GunMedia_Ben or Microsoft or God or whoever the leak came from - maybe, and have we considered that Russian hackers have infultrated our community here? any wikileakers around?

Because I for one am so glad not to see what is meant to be adults crying because they got killed by another player.

3 hours ago, SupaKilla said:

exclusive usage of it for two months -

More like a week when it leaked on PS4. 

Just now, TheHansonGoons said:

Apology 3.0?

Don't believe they ever did an apology 2.0.

1 hour ago, ThePainkiller said:

IMG_4834.JPG

Oh Look, another non backer coming on a topic that doesn't concern them.

14 minutes ago, Ethan said:

People backed this game because they wanted the game not some skin. If you paid for it, Im sorry you wasted your starbucks money.

14 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Als I didnt realize this was a Savini owners unite union topic oh great one.

18 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Don't believe they ever did an apology 2.0.

Hahaha now that you mention it... don't worry, it's coming soon. It may still have glitches, but I am sure it will get patched as well.