Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
REDDOG

ROCKSTAR MANHUNT REMAKE

25 posts in this topic

Id like to see another game company get the rights to remake the first Manhunt game and make the story darker and the gangs more occultic and black magick.Your james earl cash and your helping the CIA On a mission to take down another branch of Valiant video which continues to make underground sex and murder snuff films. your mission is in germany where an underground occult society is killing people in a temple disguised as a germanic spiritualist catholic cathedral.

They could just remake the same game and id be happy. That game was on a level of its own which i dont think has ever been matched.

1 person likes this

On May 30, 2017 at 6:41 AM, REDDOG said:

Id like to see another game company get the rights to remake the first Manhunt game and make the story darker and the gangs more occultic and black magick.Your james earl cash and your helping the CIA On a mission to take down another branch of Valiant video which continues to make underground sex and murder snuff films. your mission is in germany where an underground occult society is killing people in a temple disguised as a germanic spiritualist catholic cathedral.

Manhunt is my #1 favorite game of all-time. Bought three copies of it for three different systems. The combination of John Carpenter music and presentation along with a late-'70's exploration slasher flick (Maniac, etc.) has never been topped.

No need to add in all the CIA, occult, German, etc. stuff. Minimalism is key here. The less the better. Much like the Halloween movies. Less is more. When they started with that whole Thorn business, it went downhill.

3 people like this

On 5/31/2017 at 10:55 PM, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Manhunt is my #1 favorite game of all-time. Bought three copies of it for three different systems. The combination of John Carpenter music and presentation along with a late-'70's exploration slasher flick (Maniac, etc.) has never been topped.

No need to add in all the CIA, occult, German, etc. stuff. Minimalism is key here. The less the better. Much like the Halloween movies. Less is more. When they started with that whole Thorn business, it went downhill.

I know right? I always thought a cool idea for Manhunt 3 would be an Arkham City style hub world, where you have to sneak past and murder the roaming psychopaths while exploring and reaching new missions. Take the concept of the snuff films and up the ante by having the event be part of a sadistic darkweb based site that streams to the death survival games. 

You nearly gave me a heart attack....I thought one was being remade!

1 person likes this

10 hours ago, Handmaid Warrior said:

I know right? I always thought a cool idea for Manhunt 3 would be an Arkham City style hub world, where you have to sneak past and murder the roaming psychopaths while exploring and reaching new missions. Take the concept of the snuff films and up the ante by having the event be part of a sadistic darkweb based site that streams to the death survival games. 

Would definitely need to keep the grainy blue-gray video style and John Carpenter-esqe music. That game was heaps ahead of its time.

"Barry, BAAAAAARRY.....think of the kids, Barrrrrry!"

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Would definitely need to keep the grainy blue-gray video style and John Carpenter-esqe music. That game was heaps ahead of its time.

"Barry, BAAAAAARRY.....think of the kids, Barrrrrry!"

Right on man! That score is downright amazing. What I'd like to see is contextual kills, ones that change depending on where and how you hit an enemy versus the three canned animations. 

I'm fine with a remake, as long as they get rid of all the sections where they replace stealth with gunplay. Having shoot-outs in that game was so boring.

On 5/31/2017 at 10:55 PM, LuckyDrunkTed said:

ME TOO EXACTLY. Every new console i buy i have a download copy of Manhunt 1 and the ps2 physichal copy. its my favoriate horror title. i also own the limited edition HALLOWEEN Soundtracks that i bought from ebay and HALLOWEENMOVIES.COM. I like my story. id like to see James Earl Cash as needed help by the Government. remember james Earl cash was a murderer and supposed to die.He Single Handedly took down a portion of Valiant Video. Id Like to see James Earl Cash Execute gang members that are part of A black witch Cult Like The Real Life" Order Of Nine Angles".Black Robed Hooded killers,spanish Gangs who Behead and worship The Santa Muerte Saint.Spanish Palo Mayombe gangs.etc.actually The Whole manhunt game concept came from a movie called BRAINSCAN With actor EDWARD FURLONG. THE DEMON IN THE MOVIE BRAINSCAN IS THE SAME VOICE USED IN THE MANHUNT VIDEO GAME. ONE OF MY FAVORIATE MOVIES OF ALL TIME IS BRAINSCAN WITH EDWARD FURLONG.If your a Hardcore Manhunt Fan Rent The movie BRAINSCAN.

5 hours ago, REDDOG said:

ME TOO EXACTLY. Every new console i buy i have a download copy of Manhunt 1 and the ps2 physichal copy. its my favoriate horror title. i also own the limited edition HALLOWEEN Soundtracks that i bought from ebay and HALLOWEENMOVIES.COM. I like my story. id like to see James Earl Cash as needed help by the Government. remember james Earl cash was a murderer and supposed to die.He Single Handedly took down a portion of Valiant Video. Id Like to see James Earl Cash Execute gang members that are part of A black witch Cult Like The Real Life" Order Of Nine Angles".Black Robed Hooded killers,spanish Gangs who Behead and worship The Santa Muerte Saint.Spanish Palo Mayombe gangs.etc.actually The Whole manhunt game concept came from a movie called BRAINSCAN With actor EDWARD FURLONG. THE DEMON IN THE MOVIE BRAINSCAN IS THE SAME VOICE USED IN THE MANHUNT VIDEO GAME. ONE OF MY FAVORIATE MOVIES OF ALL TIME IS BRAINSCAN WITH EDWARD FURLONG.If your a Hardcore Manhunt Fan Rent The movie BRAINSCAN.

Man!  I just watched the trailer to Brainscan.  What a trip!  Looks great!

1 person likes this

there was a small time movie company that tried to recreate and elaborate the manhunt story in a movie,they did a good job.https://youtu.be/2S3xInO8Qco

1 person likes this

Brainscan movie definatley influnced the creation of the MANHUNT Video Game.

brainscan_99.jpg

brainscan76.jpg

On Wednesday, June 07, 2017 at 4:08 PM, REDDOG said:

Love Brainscan. Had it on vhs. Never played Manhunt but I regret it now. It sounds amazing. I wish Rockstar would branch out and do different projects again instead of just focusing on one game at a time. The PS2 era was the golden age of Rockstar. 

1 person likes this

On 6/11/2017 at 5:31 PM, VideodromeStereo said:

Love Brainscan. Had it on vhs. Never played Manhunt but I regret it now. It sounds amazing. I wish Rockstar would branch out and do different projects again instead of just focusing on one game at a time. The PS2 era was the golden age of Rockstar. 

yes BRAINSCAN IS A CLASSIC. Rockstar kind of ripped the story off from The Movie Brainscan,just listen to how simmilar Starkweather sounds to the demon in The Brainscan movie. The Guy That talks to James Earl Cash through the Ear Peice souns very simmilar to The Demon guy in Brainscan movie. Manhunt is one of my favoriate games of all time. Now would be the perfect time for Rockstar to realese another Manhunt and a high definition remake.because The game ratings and society have become so liberal.if Friday the 13th the game can be sold as a mature title,then Rockstar could get away with A MANHUNT Remake and a MANHUNT 3.

saw the title is on PS4 as well, so it's worth the buy yes ? 

On 6/13/2017 at 2:06 PM, Redmarble said:

saw the title is on PS4 as well, so it's worth the buy yes ? 

which title Manhunt or Brainscan did you buy on ps4

saw Manhunt in the PS4 store, wondering if it is worth the shot?

8 hours ago, Redmarble said:

saw Manhunt in the PS4 store, wondering if it is worth the shot?

What?! I don't think it's available in Europe. The Warriors isn't sold here either. :(

it is on the Dutch PS store, well at least it is showing for me. weird. :s

released 22 march 2016, cost 14,99 Euros. PS4. 

BUY MANHUNT.

Graphically it's a little dated...but graphics do NOT make a game. They help sometimes, but in the case of Manhunt it's all about mood and gameplay.

I would LOVE a remake. Update the visuals, add some more kill options (environmental, etc.) and we'd be off and running. 

1 person likes this

MANHUNT Is definatley worth it,buy the game. but first watch the movie Brainscan with Edward Furlong.i wonder if The Brainscan movie is available in the Playstation store.ill have to check.

Thanks guys :) !

Will buy the game, and check out again Brainscan (been a while back lol)

On 6/8/2017 at 1:17 PM, REDDOG said:

there was a small time movie company that tried to recreate and elaborate the manhunt story in a movie,they did a good job.https://youtu.be/2S3xInO8Qco

Wow.  That was awesome.

A Manhunt movie done like this would've been off the chain!  Surprised companies like Rockstar don't pitch and create film versions of their games.

1 person likes this

One of the very few things Reddog and I agree upon. Is this real life?

I think a Manhunt movie would be like Taken crossed with Dredd/The Raid and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Horror-Action.

A Manhunt remake should be something like an M-Rated Batman Arkham game.

How many countries banned this series? It was so awesome. One of the reasons I had a Ps2 back in the day.