Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SnakeSound222

Evolve Discussion

7 posts in this topic

So most of you guys have probably heard of this game called Evolve developed by Turtle Rock Studios. It's a 4v1 multiplayer game (Four human Hunters vs one Monster) for PS4, XB1, and PC. Most of guys have probably heard about the game's DLC prices being high (Which they aren't, it costs a LOT of money to develop some of the stuff, especially the Monsters). It's also the game that was revived when it became free to play in July 2016 on PC (console players didn't get the new update yet) and had a "Stage 2" subtitle added to it. Then at the end of October 2016, TRS's contract with publisher 2K ended and wasn't renewed, so all development on the game has stopped and consoles never got Stage 2.

It's actually my favorite game so far. I play it on PS4 a lot. I main Monster, Meteor Goliath and OG Kraken, specifically. It's similar to F13 because both games have one boss character (Monsters in Evolve and Jason in F13) who are supposed to kill weaker characters that are supposed to work together to survive (4 Hunters in Evolve and 7 counselors in F13). They're also both pretty cool games.

What are your thoughts on this game?

Evolve had loads of potential but was squandered.

The game was loads of fun if you had a decent coordinated hunter team. When you finally brought down the monster it felt like an achievement. BUT if you had one teammate who sucked ass then you all got screwed. So I started maining monster. Specifically Goliath, behemoth and gorgon. But I would destroy everyone as a monster and then feel bad. A lot of new players would just put the game down after going against me.

Not trying to sound like I'm bragging or anything, but yeah. I just stopped playing.

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Evolve had loads of potential but was squandered.

The game was loads of fun if you had a decent coordinated hunter team. When you finally brought down the monster it felt like an achievement. BUT if you had one teammate who sucked ass then you all got screwed. So I started maining monster. Specifically Goliath, behemoth and gorgon. But I would destroy everyone as a monster and then feel bad. A lot of new players would just put the game down after going against me.

Not trying to sound like I'm bragging or anything, but yeah. I just stopped playing.

The matchmaking was pretty messed up. It would pair players that had thousands of hours and played from Day 1 with players with less than a hour of gameplay. The new players would get torn to shreds thanks to the crappy MM and just stop playing.

1 person likes this

Oh, hey. I even posted in here.

On May 28, 2017 at 9:33 PM, SnakeSound222 said:

So most of you guys have probably heard of this game called Evolve developed by Turtle Rock Studios. It's a 4v1 multiplayer game (Four human Hunters vs one Monster) for PS4, XB1, and PC. Most of guys have probably heard about the game's DLC prices being high (Which they aren't, it costs a LOT of money to develop some of the stuff, especially the Monsters). It's also the game that was revived when it became free to play in July 2016 on PC (console players didn't get the new update yet) and had a "Stage 2" subtitle added to it. Then at the end of October 2016, TRS's contract with publisher 2K ended and wasn't renewed, so all development on the game has stopped and consoles never got Stage 2.

It's actually my favorite game so far. I play it on PS4 a lot. I main Monster, Meteor Goliath and OG Kraken, specifically. It's similar to F13 because both games have one boss character (Monsters in Evolve and Jason in F13) who are supposed to kill weaker characters that are supposed to work together to survive (4 Hunters in Evolve and 7 counselors in F13). They're also both pretty cool games.

What are your thoughts on this game?

Turtle Rock Studios... where have I heard that name before... :lol:

33 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Yeah I don't believe the community manager would do those things. It's someone posing as her. I've been on the forums long enough to see that she is far from that type of person. Unless they have two. 

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

Spooky right.

And the evolve forums were the only other forum I signed up for.

The mystery deepens...

1 person likes this