wes

A Bumpy Start - A Detailed Explanation of Server/Database Errors, DLC and More

92 posts in this topic

So explain to me, how to get the refund on PSN for that game...that was ironic cause there is none

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, derrickkolba said:

thank you for proving me correct today and shutting down all the servers.

m6ejm.jpg

"Proving you right?" You don't take servers down to troubleshoot, which is what we were doing. You take servers down when you have a fix. But hey, if you need this W, take it.

7 minutes ago, wes said:

"Proving you right?" You don't take servers down to troubleshoot, which is what we were doing. You take servers down when you have a fix. But hey, if you need this W, take it.

REKT!

25 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

REKT!

yeah i know right, he is so rekt'd!

1 hour ago, derrickkolba said:

yeah i know right, he is so rekt'd!

He isn't rekt. He is trying to get the game working.

Posted (edited)

On 2017-5-29 at 0:31 AM, wes said:

We're actually using the highest-end servers that Amazon provides, as well as the same database environment LoL uses. So it's not about potato servers. More about a massive tidal wave of players, hitting all at once, that we underestimated.  

I'm sorry, but that sounds really unprofessional.

I should think us tidal wave players (and therefor buyers) should get some sort of compensation for the loss of time, trying to spend it on connecting to the game.

*EDIT*

Yesterday the amount of time trying to connect to the game on the PS4, seemed to have been reduced considerably.

Congrats on that, good job!

Edited by Matanza
Words of improvement needed to be adressed

I am new to this I got the game for my boyfriend.   I am on a ps4 how do I access the dlc page for the game I saw were today we were to get some stuff. 

7 minutes ago, jenkins_tia said:

I am new to this I got the game for my boyfriend.   I am on a ps4 how do I access the dlc page for the game I saw were today we were to get some stuff. 

Currently it's not accessible on all 3 platforms. The content should arrive in an update sometime today. What time it comes out is unknown but Gun emphasized that it would be today.

Hi @jenkins_tia, welcome to the forums. One of the rules here is you post an introduction in the introductions section of the forums, might I suggest you head over and take a look? :)

As for the DLC, it will be rolled out as a patch most likely and you will be required to download it before you can play the game again. The DLC is coming some time today!

sorry I am legaly blind so it is easy for me to miss things.  I just did post in the into section

It's almost the 21st of june right now here in Amsterdam.........:D.........

the Tuesday is over in 5 minutes over here in Europe/Germany and they again failed to deliver a patch on the time they said...... most people i play with are offline already cause they have to work tomorrow...

Us Europeans get fucked over like this ALL THE TIME.... we essentially have about a day less to play the content compared to americans.

Where the fuck is the fucking problem releasing Updates at lets say MIDNIGHT US time which is Early morning here in europe. everyone would be happy.....

fucking disappointed AGAIN.

release dates/times are a funny thing... after plenty of disappointments with DLC for games in the rhythm genre, I've learned to take release dates as more of an approximation than a set time, I share your frustration but life is ripe with disappointments so you just have to get over it and get on with things

I bought the game a week ago on xbox one. I was able to play but I Uninstalled it due to the game crashing to see if it would help. now I can't install it. It says buy like I don't own the game. Not in my ready to install folder anymore either.

On 6/24/2017 at 8:26 AM, ooblindchildoo said:

I bought the game a week ago on xbox one. I was able to play but I Uninstalled it due to the game crashing to see if it would help. now I can't install it. It says buy like I don't own the game. Not in my ready to install folder anymore either.

And what did the xBox Store say about it? Because obviously that is something to do with your account and not a game designer. Please let us know xBox' response and the community here may be able to help.

Or, if, many of us can suspect - you have not contacted them? Then contact them.

I don't know where else to put this, I think making a new topic about it will be redirected to this one or a similar one;

I really hate to say this, but the game for me, is a mess at this moment (yet I love this game, it's concept, it's imagery, all of it).

When it works, it works great , and you can have the most awesome experiences when playing with friends.

Now I understand that players are responsible for their own actions i.e. behavior.

However...;

When I play public games, most of the times I meet the feebles in there, and they are from every country imaginable, though at the moment people from the Russian region and the Asian region seem to be in larger numbers present(don't get me wrong, I also have met cool and fun players from those regions).

The language barrier often creates a problem. Because most of them simply can not speak English properly, thus don't communicate with you and/or only with each other.

Which in case often causes people to leave, get irritated.

I can't understand why the devs did not think of this. Regional servers..something...

I have gathered several friends through Steam now, but they are from the States, they are seriously really nice and friendly people, and beyond great fun to play with.

However the time zone difference (7 to 8 hours) creates a massive problem for me;

When I need to go to sleep, they start to play , and when I wake up and have time to play, they sleep so to say.

So, I am "forced" to play public games if I want to enjoy and play this game, but most of the time it's a cesspool of scum.

And I have not even started about the glitches, exploits , etc..etc...

All in all, I seriously think this game should not have been released yet at all.

Now that the shine has worn off, I personally experience it's faults and weaknesses.

It feels like a beta, and a horrible one at that, most of the time.

I really, really hope this game will manage, and that the community and the player base will sort itself out.

But this takes time, lots of time.

So please, don't let this game go to Hell and ruin it.

As said, when it works, it is a blast and so awesome..

I only hope the single player/offline mode arrives fast (but that won't happen from what I gathered).

I wish to play this game for my enjoyment and to relax, not to get irritated and see my sanity go to waste.

So ,I will take a long break.

Have fun people, and the best of luck to the Devs.

Signing off, 

Alco aka Redmarble.