Peteystec

Rank your top 3 Jason actors

35 posts in this topic

Searched and didnt find a thread like this so I figured why not start it? Rank your top 3 actor portrayals of Jason!

My list:

1- CJ Graham Part 6 - I think CJ just nailed the part. The aggressiveness and the overall look was great he fit the role perfectly. The tone of part 6 probably added to why i like this version of Jason so much.

2- Kane Hodder Parts 7,8,9,10 (specifically 7) - Kane is just awesome as most of us would agree. He IS Jason, he lives the part and his intensity with the heavy breathing really makes Jason scary as hell. The look of this Jason in part 7 was always my favorite i think the makeup and costume design is amazing yet terrifying.

3- Derek Mears Part 12 (2009) - I know people are mixed on his version of Jason but i personally loved the territorial hunter type Jason that Derek brought to the screen. He showed just the right amount of intensity and body language to show a bad ass killer and at the same time there was a softness there. The makeup and look was also fantastic in the new film especially the sack head version. I would shit my pants if i saw that looking at me in the woods haha.

Honorable Mention:

Ted White Part 4 - Ted White could easily be number 3 on my list i loved his version of Jason in part 4. He was so physically intimidating in that movie.

post-924-0-94574900-1453274588_thumb.jpeg

post-924-0-34375100-1453274602_thumb.jpeg

post-924-0-78922700-1453274612_thumb.jpeg

post-924-0-16914500-1453274624_thumb.jpeg

post-924-0-37734200-1453274675_thumb.jpeg

C.J. Graham

Ted White

And third place is too close to call between either Kane Hodder (part 7 to be more specific) and Derek Mears. Kane brought such a raw, angry quality to his machine-like Jason in 7 while Derek's Jason was a great throwback to the more human version from parts 2-4 and he had just the right levels of sympathy and menace so he still came off as a tragic villain but still very sinister.

1. Kane Hodder

2. Kane Hodder

3. Kane Hodder

Honourable mention: Kane Hodder

Mr. Hodder is a beast. He and he alone gave Jason his personality, characteristics and turned a no talking momma's boy into the stuff of Nightmares. That's right Freddy. I stole your line. Somedays I wonder what Jason vs Freddy would have been liked if Mr. Hodder didnt get passed over for the role.

dawn10978 and Tommy Jarvis like this

It's hard for me to rank them! The actors each seemed to have their own place and some played completely different types of Jason. I do like Jason in part 3(Richard Brooker), Final Chapter(Ted White), part 6(C.J. Graham), part 7(Kane Hodder). I believe Ted White didn't even want to be credited for his role, which would lower his ranking on my list even tho final chapter was one of my favorite films. I read that C. J. Graham really wanted to return as Jason, but was beat out by Kane Hodder! Kane is very passionate about playing the role of Jason as we can all see and he is probably the best actor/stuntman to put on the mask.

So if I based my rankings off the way Jason looks I'd say...

1) Part 3-Richard Brooker. 2) Final Chapter-Ted White. 3) Part 7-Kane Hodder

If I went with straight up acting...(because I believe Kane could play any Jason version and currently is!)

1) Kane Hodder, Richard Brooker, Ted White

I'm partial to the first 4 movies though especially when it comes to the look of Jason...I just really like the feeling that Jason was super human and not supernatural.

1. Kane Hodder

2. Kane Hodder

3. Kane Hodder

Honourable mention: Kane Hodder

Mr. Hodder is a beast. He and he alone gave Jason his personality, characteristics and turned a no talking momma's boy into the stuff of Nightmares. That's right Freddy. I stole your line. Somedays I wonder what Jason vs Freddy would have been liked if Mr. Hodder didnt get passed over for the role.

I originally wanted to write this exact same post, but I wanted to give the other Jasons a chance. I shouldn't have.

dawn10978 and SCREWNUT like this

1. C.J. Graham. He really embodied the one man army killing machine that is zombie Jason.

2. Derek Mears. I loved the way he moved and rushed people. Was like a freight train. Also, probably showed Jason's emotions the best and had a lot of great subtle actions that added nuance to the role.

3. Kane Hodder- Really, how can't he be on the list? While I don't agree that Jason should be displayed as angry all the time, Kane really brought character to Jason unseen by the other actors. His stunt work was amazing and his is an over all cool dude.

Special Mention

Richard Brooker- He was the first actor to really nail the Jason we got later. Loved his bad ass walk onto the dock and his ghoulish prowl has he stalked the barn.

CrazyRalph likes this

1. Ted White

2. Richard Brooker

3. Tom Morga (no, not a joke, I liked the way he moved)

Honorable mention goes to Kane Hodder, who while I love his dedication, I prefer the human-like portrayals best.

The only ones I didn't care for were CJ Graham and Kirzinger. 

They all seem cool when you watch their interviews. I've personally met Kane...and god that dude is awesome. I really admire Derek Mears' commitment to the role, and guys like Richard Brooker, Ted White and Steve Dashe all had a good time doing what they did. I mean, my favorite Jason is Part 3, but the actors themselves are all cool dudes. 

makred78 and Mark K like this

As actors who portrayed their version of the character, Ted White always stands out as the best because of his scary demeanor and balls to the wall approach to Jason. Kane comes in second because he really did make the character into a pop culture phenomenon, more so than he already was. Third has to be Richard Brooker, just because he took a character that was in a state of flux with no direction from Steve Miner and owned it, giving Jason the attitude that many others would emulate for years to come.

makred78 likes this

CJ Graham-He was just absolutely perfect in his performance.

Kane Hodder-Yes the most iconic representation of Jason on film. He's a good performer but I still prefer CJ more.

Ted White-I don't really need to even explain this one do I?

CrazyRalph likes this

1.Kane Hodder, 2.Warringthon Gillete, 3.C.J. Graham

Warrington Gillette is really surprising as his role was so small in Part 2. He only plays Jason for the unmasked dream sequence while Steve Dash is Jason for the bulk of the film.

Ive been thinking whats the reason they kept changing the jason actors? If im not mistaken kane is the only one to have played him more than once