Sagremort

No Dedicated Servers On Consoles For Quick Matches?

199 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Must be right behind the " get trapped while fixing car,can't use action key",  " crouching to get through walls"  and " pulling up map in vehicle, stays on screen" glitches.  

But hey its a small team and they gave us retro Jason so this doesn't mater.

Nobody is saying that these issues don't matter.

Personally, it is so rare for me to buy a game while it's new, that - having casually researched other instances of these sorts of issues with online multiplayer games happening before - I'm not really that bothered by the time that it is taking to fix those issues. If I thought that they would NEVER be fixed, then I would be.

But, as someone who just started FALLOUT 4 like, a couple of months back (and just finished playing through ARKHAM KNIGHT for the first time, before that), the timeframe doesn't really bother me, as I'm not used to playing things right when they come out, anyway... and I would rather have had the somewhat janky, dashboarding, game dropping - but nevertheless overall fun - experience that I have had with the game over the last month or so, than had to wait longer to play while they fixed all that.

I get that this is a subjective thing, and some have had far worse experiences getting the game to work than I have (although I am on the XBONE, so not too many :P), but what I think some people are perceiving as a willingness to just accept the game as is, is much more likely to be just different people having different amounts of patience due to the different way that they approach gaming in their lives.

Because I don't know a single person playing this game who has said, in anything other than a sarcastic manner, that they are happy with the current state of the game (ok, maybe that one Campkill guy who posts here, but that guy is :blink:). Just different levels of patience in regards to how long it is going to take to fix it.

RocknRon13 likes this

5 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

Nobody is saying that these issues don't matter.

Personally, it is so rare for me to buy a game while it's new, that - having casually researched other instances of these sorts of issues with online multiplayer games happening before - I'm not really that bothered by the time that it is taking to fix those issues. If I thought that they would NEVER be fixed, then I would be.

But, as someone who just started FALLOUT 4 like, a couple of months back (and just finished playing through ARKHAM KNIGHT for the first time, before that), the timeframe doesn't really bother me, as I'm not used to playing things right when they come out, anyway... and I would rather have had the somewhat janky, dashboarding, game dropping - but nevertheless overall fun - experience that I have had with the game over the last month or so, than had to wait longer to play while they fixed all that.

I get that this is a subjective thing, and some have had far worse experiences getting the game to work than I have (although I am on the XBONE, so not too many :P), but what I think some people are perceiving as a willingness to just accept the game as is, is much more likely to be just different people having different amounts of patience due to the different way that they approach gaming in their lives.

Because I don't know a single person playing this game who has said, in anything other than a sarcastic manner, that they are happy with the current state of the game (ok, maybe that one Campkill guy who posts here, but that guy is :blink:). Just different levels of patience in regards to how long it is going to take to fix it.

Difference  in Batman and fallout is they are primarily  1 player games.  Multi-player games don't have the option to wait. By time this stuff is fixed, the player base will be diminished.   

I'm usually a very patient guy.  In my work life, my district has 19 stores and I deal with over 120 employees every day. The issue I have is these problems have been present since before we even got our hands on the game. As a backer, I have stood behind these guys and gave them the benefit of the doubt.   

But over a month and still the same issues, I think the company may have bit off more than they can handle. Hell, they could drop support for the title now and walk away rich. They delivered a "finished" product.

Just now, Ethan said:

Difference  in Batman and fallout is they are primarily  1 player games.  Multi-player games don't have the option to wait. By time this stuff is fixed, the player base will be diminished.

That is a totally fair point.

I've honestly played maybe a match or two and that's it after the initial launch hype... When I could play at all after launch that is. The lag on PS4 is just unbearable and by the time they fix it/if they fix it, yeah.. I doubt many people are still going to be around. As much as I enjoy the game, I still feel like I got screwed out of 40 bucks. 

2 minutes ago, Aidocs said:

I've honestly played maybe a match or two and that's it after the initial launch hype... When I could play at all after launch that is. The lag on PS4 is just unbearable and by the time they fix it/if they fix it, yeah.. I doubt many people are still going to be around. As much as I enjoy the game, I still feel like I got screwed out of 40 bucks. 

Yeah, once we get past the crashes we face another big issue.

the lag.

Not having dedicated servers for a multilayer only game is ubisoft levels of stupidity.

I'm starting to get annoyed by this now. Entered a public lobby, was having a great game as Jason with some very good counselors who were on mic and making me work for every kill.

Then the host leaves and the game ends. The "Players Met" function doesn't work on PS4 so I have zero idea who the players I were playing with were. That's a fragmentation of community right there. 

I'm sorry to sound "negative" but it's seriously frustrating and this is the reality of the situation. Throws us a bone here. My enjoyment of the game is getting seriously marred by things that should've been in place at launch. 

I will happily wait until the game ends if I'm a host...but many people are clearly becoming increasingly impatient, quit games and host migration should have been integrated at launch. 

How can I invest my time in a game when I can never be sure I'll even be able to complete a match???? 

ColdArmy13 likes this

On 7/5/2017 at 4:31 PM, Splatterhouse said:

I'm starting to get annoyed by this now. Entered a public lobby, was having a great game as Jason with some very good counselors who were on mic and making me work for every kill.

Then the host leaves and the game ends. The "Players Met" function doesn't work on PS4 so I have zero idea who the players I were playing with were. That's a fragmentation of community right there. 

I'm sorry to sound "negative" but it's seriously frustrating and this is the reality of the situation. Throws us a bone here. My enjoyment of the game is getting seriously marred by things that should've been in place at launch. 

I will happily wait until the game ends if I'm a host...but many people are clearly becoming increasingly impatient, quit games and host migration should have been integrated at launch. 

How can I invest my time in a game when I can never be sure I'll even be able to complete a match???? 

I share your pain. I have tried different methods to prevent this. 

1) Kill the host last

2)Only play in public games where I am the host. 

Sometimes I get lucky though since I only really play after 9 PST. I think by that time people are tired and just say f**k it, I will just wait here until I next game. It seems prime time game hours is where all children and douches come out. 

download.jpg

2 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I share your pain. I have tried different methods to prevent this. 

1) Kill the host last

2)Only play in public games where I am the host. 

Sometimes I get lucky though since I only really play after 9 PST. I think by that time people are tired and just say f**k it, I will just wait here until I next game. It seems prime time game hours is where all children and douches come out. 

download.jpg

Even if you kill the host last he can still quit before you get your points

8 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Even if you kill the host last he can still quit before you get your points

Not all the time,  but sometimes yes 

4 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Not all the time,  but sometimes yes 

Well if you Slash/grab at him he’s got enough time to quit

Still no dedicated servers huh? Well this game was a cash grab anyway for illfonics mmo so I highly dought they spent all that kickstarter money on this pos game, God I hope not if so damn that's sad

For future reference, apparently the correct search term if you want to find the only thread allowed for discussion of how the ongoing lack of "host migration" is negatively impacting your game experience without having your thread locked, is "dedicated servers".

The year is 2455. Humans are traveling across the galaxy in their awesome spaceships. Universal peace has been achieved. Meanwhile, on the Friday the 13th game forums, Gun Media STILL doesn't care about dedicated console servers. 

reisod and HowAreYa like this

On 7/21/2017 at 4:28 PM, Brigadius said:

Gun should try putting their servers in the bathroom. I hear they are more secure there. Should prevent any further ddos attacks. 

hcserver.jpg

Hahaha this ×100. But seriously i feel screwed out of money at this point. Kind of like buying a ShamWow!

So, first they lied to consoles players saying that everyone would be playing on dedicated servers on launch, then in the first 2 weeks they said to be working on Host migration(another lie?) for consoles since there wasn't really any dedicated servers. They left us in the dark, dodging the question for 3 fucking months and now host migration is shit and wont happen? and we are back to consoles supposedly getting dedicated servers? And ask players to bare with this for another couple of months? Really? Aren't the last 3 months enough already?

Today i wish i'd never backed this game, and sadly i will never ever back a game again. What a fucking joke.

7 minutes ago, Sagremort said:

So, first they lied to consoles players saying that everyone would be playing on dedicated servers on launch, then in the first 2 weeks they said to be working on Host migration(another lie?) for consoles since there wasn't really any dedicated servers. They left us in the dark, dodging the question for 3 fucking months and now host migration is shit and wont happen? and we are back to consoles supposedly getting dedicated servers? And ask players to bare with this for another couple of months? Really? Aren't the last 3 months enough already?

Today i wish i'd never backed this game, and sadly i will never ever back a game again. What a fucking joke.

You're not wrong. The whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm glad it's coming but it should have been here on release like what was promised.

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

You're not wrong. The whole thing just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm glad it's coming but it should have been here on release like what was promised.

To this, as much as i love the game, I concur.

Community: We want dedicated servers!

Devs: Okay. Here you go.

Community: Fuck you guys. You didn't tell us in a way that pleases us.

Jesus Christ. No wonder they hardly ever talk to us.

3 hours ago, Sagremort said:

I just wanted to clarify a few things. Dedicated servers were never announced for consoles. I think some got confused since steam had dedicated servers and assumed that would also carry over to consoles which currently utilizes a P2P connection. 

Secondly no one ever said work was being done on host mitigation. All that has ever been said on the issue is they are working on a solution. Here is the answer to that. 

You are angry that things are not happening within your personal time lines. However the fact remains that fixes are coming and the end result is a better more stable game that everyone can enjoy. 

12 minutes ago, JPops said:

I just wanted to clarify a few things. Dedicated servers were never announced for consoles. I think some got confused since steam had dedicated servers and assumed that would also carry over to consoles which currently utilizes a P2P connection. 

Secondly no one ever said work was being done on host mitigation. All that has ever been said on the issue is they are working on a solution. Here is the answer to that. 

You are angry that things are not happening within your personal time lines. However the fact remains that fixes are coming and the end result is a better more stable game that everyone can enjoy. 

Sorry but did they officially announce anything about this?

nvm just saw post 

52 minutes ago, JPops said:

If I remember right, they did respond to someone who asked if there would be dedicated servers for consoles saying there would be and backtracked on it. It wasn't technically a promise but it was confusion they created.

jameson87 likes this