Sagremort

No Dedicated Servers On Consoles For Quick Matches?

207 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They specifically said there would be dedicated servers on all three platforms before release. Nothing leading up to release, or even now has been said if that has changed. If we do not get them, I believe it would fall under false advertising, yes.

Where did they say this? I've been trying to find it. Would be good to have the reference if they don't add them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aidocs said:

Locking it just means they'll never respond at all. =\ The only way they'll ever answer is if they get pressured enough.

I hear you brother. I was victim to playing Jason and the host quitting after I killed him. Sucks. But they are ignoring this thread. Probably best to just move on and focus on other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 7theye said:

Guys can we lock this? They aren't going to respond to you or else they would have already 

Trust me, we've been down this road before. They will respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Where did they say this? I've been trying to find it. Would be good to have the reference if they don't add them. 

They stated it multiple times on twitter when asked by others. But that was from way back when and there's been many tweets since then.

 

14 hours ago, 7theye said:

I hear you brother. I was victim to playing Jason and the host quitting after I killed him. Sucks. But they are ignoring this thread. Probably best to just move on and focus on other things.

My problem is that I can rarely let things go. This is one of them. How they are ignoring the question and thread only pisses me off more. We pretty much have an answer of "no". But I want to see them state it and they better give a damn good reason on why.

 

14 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Trust me, we've been down this road before. They will respond.

Yeah. The only way to really get their attention is for things to start heating up.

I reference this thread a lot. But it's relevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Where did they say this? I've been trying to find it. Would be good to have the reference if they don't add them. 

There's a few linked tweets earlier in the thread, but past that it was.. Everywhere before release. On Discord, on random Reddit threads.. Just about anywhere the devs popped up, if any mention of P2P vs dedicated popped up they always said it was going to be P2P in private, dedicated in quick match. I'm pretty sure they even said it in some of their panels at places like Pax. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They stated it multiple times on twitter when asked by others. But that was from way back when and there's been many tweets since then.

 

My problem is that I can rarely let things go. This is one of them. How they are ignoring the question and thread only pisses me off more. We pretty much have an answer of "no". But I want to see them state it and they better give a damn good reason on why.

Edit- Was reminded of that scene by your post cause that is kinda how it is, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah. The only way to really get their attention is for things to start heating up.

I reference this thread a lot. But it's relevant. 

Don't forget this one

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

 

Basically that.

 

Just now, Brigadius said:

Don't forget this one

 

Ha, yeah. Oh the good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't touched the game in over a week, to stressful and to much of a hassle to try and play. Sucks because the little I played I enjoyed and the game has potential. Now reading the new Xbox Patch didn't do much and no response to dedicated servers. etc really makes me wish I got my money back when I had the chance in the beginning and then if everything eventually got fixed I would of bought it again. An online only game needs to work online! Now I am stuck with a broken game with fingers crossed that it will eventually work right some day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

I haven't touched the game in over a week, to stressful and to much of a hassle to try and play. Sucks because the little I played I enjoyed and the game has potential. Now reading the new Xbox Patch didn't do much and no response to dedicated servers. etc really makes me wish I got my money back when I had the chance in the beginning and then if everything eventually got fixed I would of bought it again. An online only game needs to work online! Now I am stuck with a broken game with fingers crossed that it will eventually work right some day.

Xbox patch doesn't seem to have done anything but improve frame rate. Which is great don't get me wrong. But frame rate doesn't really matter when you can't play a fucking game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brigadius said:
 

Your dedication to Sparkle Motion is amazing, Brigs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah.. There's more than that too. (To the above, don't wanna quote cuz of how big it is.) I'm 99.9% sure they were asked it at conventions they went to and gave the same answer. Plus on Reddit and other places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brigadius said:
 

You're the real MVP

We demand dedicated servers like we were promised.

eH1QI6CJ2EvcoDBk5JHUr71FKVlD4czQjav08TOf

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

You're the real MVP

We demand dedicated servers like we were promised.

eH1QI6CJ2EvcoDBk5JHUr71FKVlD4czQjav08TOf

I will use this gif in bicycles post if we break 24 on the poll for bikes to demand bikes from devs.

7 minutes ago, Aidocs said:

Yeah.. There's more than that too. (To the above, don't wanna quote cuz of how big it is.) I'm 99.9% sure they were asked it at conventions they went to and gave the same answer. Plus on Reddit and other places.

Post whatever you find. That is how we get them to respond. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually search for quick match and have wasted hours sitting in a lobby alone praying others would pop in. Only 1 time have they out of over 50 easy. Happened 8 times in a row just yesterday

This on PS4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

 

 

So yeah.. Even after the game came out they were still saying it and making it sound like P2P was just temporary. Now they're ignoring this and talking about host migration which just suggests they're never going to do dedicated servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just gonna leave some stuff here to remind people about the dangers of P2P.

26BGB2WVpljF0LGUw.gif

G5z6jQt.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is as direct an answer i can find right now. They Refused to used dedicated Xbox servers because they have their own dedicated servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is unfortunate... as my entire decision whether or not to buy it for PS4, since my PC is out of comission, was based on if they were actually going to have ded. servers for console or if it was going to be p2p.. 

Been playing on my boyfriends pc on his steam account and taking turns with him each match and getting it on ps4 was going to fix that problem lol.

But im not spending money on a game that the experience at this moment will solely depend on a hosts connection.. maybe once the single player comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

That is as direct an answer i can find right now. They Refused to used dedicated Xbox servers because they have their own dedicated servers.

Can anyone confirm if we're ever getting dedicated servers on Xbox/ps4? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Slashin' Passion said:

Can anyone confirm if we're ever getting dedicated servers on Xbox/ps4? 

That has been the question since the first page hasn't it? They refuse to respond 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I give up on this game. I was waiting to see what the patch did and clearly they still can't figure it out. Dedicated servers are also a sham since they ignore these posts.

 

Good luck guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, im done with the game for now or for good. It's either that they rather not talk about it or they are just ignoring the question. I have tried every single day for the past 3 weeks to get answers on twitter and Facebook and a email every 2-3 days with no result. Im out of town for the weekend and when i get back i will get the chance to try out Dead by Daylight on console hoping for better result and this is not the option i wanted to go to, i want F13 to work properly but i dont see that happening in a near future.


I cant even describe the deception/frustration im in after seing how everything is handled, i fucking love this game, i've been dreaming of a game like this for the past 30years, where we would get to play one of our beloved late 70s early 80s killer (i would rather play Myers since im more of an Halloween fan :P ).


I may revisit the game once it's stable if there is still a player base. I was a backer, glad i was, but this game was not ready for release at least on consoles.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now