Sagremort

No Dedicated Servers On Consoles For Quick Matches?

192 posts in this topic

Just now, Bulldawg2010 said:

Yeah I was in pretty big disbelief as well. 

Well, @GunMedia_Ben @wes @Randygbk we got a suspicious answer that we don't like. As official internet rules entail, we would like clarification.

Are we, or are we not getting dedicated servers on consoles? And when could we possibly see this?

BaddestSupercec likes this

48 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Well just passing the info along.

this is what was told to me on twitter today.

IMG_0630.PNG

This is such horse shit! 

Consoles always get shafted on stuff like dedicated servers.

but what absolutely kills me, is that Microsoft lets devs use their azura dedicated servers FOR FREE.

Like there is seriously no reason at all that games don't have dedicated servers on Xbox one. But it is what it is. 

It won't make me quit playing the game, but I'm definitely not happy.

2 minutes ago, BaddestSupercec said:

No response on this is getting really annoying.

The refusal to comment is what has me annoyed. Y'know ben, at least, has seen this thread.

Reminds me of the counselor clothing pack thread. We ask a question on if it's going to be complete new clothes or just reskins. 2 months and 16 pages later we finally get an answer from.. a fans discord.

4 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Consoles always get shafted on stuff like dedicated servers.

but what absolutely kills me, is that Microsoft lets devs use their azura dedicated servers FOR FREE.

Like there is seriously no reason at all that games don't have dedicated servers on Xbox one. But it is what it is. 

It won't make me quit playing the game, but I'm definitely not happy.

I guess we just have to hope that the host isn't in McDonald's or has a potato for a router.

17 minutes ago, Davidt said:

Host migration being worked on was the latest i heard

Host migraton is a nice step. IF there is going to be no dedicated servers. If there will be dedicated servers we would have no need for host migration.

It kind of sucks that they said there would be dedicated servers for consoles, and now won't even comment about it. Like with the lack of comment on the clothing pack it does make the developers look a trifle shady.

And I say that as someone who loves the game dearly... but would have loved it just as much and backed it just as much if they had just been upfront and honest about those things.

But hey, it turned out that the "No JASON X" thing was just miscommunications and misunderstandings, so hopefully this will turn out the same and dedicated servers will still be coming.

22 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

How is this too difficult for them to answer? Why is it being ignored?

because they already have our money and simply dont care now.

In a world with no dedicated servers, an estimated 90,000 people live at the mercy of one man...THE HOST. *cue montage of disconnected from host clips and people screaming or turning their heads while looking terrified* (or just go watch the Korean movie, it's a great film)

bewareofbears likes this

As it stands right now, I haven't played the game very much at all past my initial excitement. Every time I try (On PS4), it's Russian Roulette in terms of connection. Either I'll get over 100 ping with noticeable delay but a mostly stable connection, or I'll get over 200 and the entire game goes haywire throughout the whole match with constant connection errors. Even in the best of circumstances right now the lag is annoying, but it seems to me like getting a terrible host is much more common. Lobbies tend to empty out rapidly once everyone realizes it's one of those hosts where you'll be getting stuck and unable to interact with anything for half the match, so it's right back to waiting for lobbies to fill up.. Host migration isn't going to fix this. The P2P for this game is absolutely horrendous and does nothing to choose the best connection as a host, it just picks whoever happened to get matchmade into an empty lobby first. Even if they fixed that AND added host migration, we'd still be at the mercy of unstable internet issues for 20 minute games.

Gun, you promised dedicated servers. This isn't your community being spoiled or whining, YOU said they would be in the game. The connection issues right now are so horrid and constant that it basically destroys any fun I have with the game. And before anyone says it no, it isn't my internet. Every other game I play works fine, and every lobby I get in that turns into a lag fiesta has everyone else complaining about it too. (I specifically confirm to make sure it isn't me, so I don't hassle Gun for no reason.) Please give us the dedicated servers you promised before people leave and there's no one left to play with. :(

If it turns out that there will be no dedicated servers on consoles, I might just stop playing all together.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

If it turns out that there will be no dedicated servers on consoles, I might just stop playing all together.

I want to play the game because I really enjoy it, but the connection issues just.. Make it impossible to enjoy. I'll have one or two fun games per session, then the decent host will leave and it's right back to lobby hopping and hopping between a half dozen god awful hosts.

Just now, Aidocs said:

I want to play the game because I really enjoy it, but the connection issues just.. Make it impossible to enjoy. I'll have one or two fun games per session, then the decent host will leave and it's right back to lobby hopping and hopping between a half dozen god awful hosts.

Thats not including the crashes and disconnects as well.

3 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Thats not including the crashes and disconnects as well.

Tell me about it. Hahaha, as I typed that..."Error! Connection timed out!" with less than four minutes of the game left and the cops already there. I didn't play Overwatch for a week after this was released. When I hopped back on Overwatch, I was shell shocked. How can a game work as intended without closing it, restarting, etc?

8 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Tell me about it. Hahaha, as I typed that..."Error! Connection timed out!" with less than four minutes of the game left and the cops already there. I didn't play Overwatch for a week after this was released. When I hopped back on Overwatch, I was shell shocked. How can a game work as intended without closing it, restarting, etc?

Ha that's funny. And that's definitely interesting, very weird but hey not a bad thing. 

But imma rant. Why the fuck do we not have an answer on this yet? This thread sprung up two days after launch. We are now going on week three with no answer on if consoles will have dedicated servers. Whenever someone asks they intentionally avoid/ignore the question and carry on as if it's not a big deal.

Well this is a big fucking deal. How dare they release a game, intended to only play online, and tell us we're on our own with P2P connection. Crashing is one thing, I assume that'll be fixed early 2018. But not having dedicated servers is unacceptable. That's a breaking point for me.

And it's gonna be ironic coming from me given my name, but it's kind of heart breaking. I love this game and i've had more fun playing it than most games I can think of. But i've left AAA games in the past for not having dedicated servers. This game is no exception.

To you guys at Gun and Illfonic, please for the sake of this game and it's players, get your shit together.

7 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Ha that's funny. And that's definitely interesting, very weird but hey not a bad thing. 

But imma rant. Why the fuck do we not have an answer on this yet? This thread sprung up two days after launch. We are now going on week three with no answer on if consoles will have dedicated servers. Whenever someone asks they intentionally avoid/ignore the question and carry on as if it's not a big deal.

Well this is a big fucking deal. How dare they release a game, intended to only play online, and tell us we're on our own with P2P connection. Crashing is one thing, I assume that'll be fixed early 2018. But not having dedicated servers is unacceptable. That's a breaking point for me.

And it's gonna be ironic coming from me given my name, but it's kind of heart breaking. I love this game and i've had more fun playing it than most games I can think of. But i've left AAA games in the past for not having dedicated servers. This game is no exception.

To you guys at Gun and Illfonic, please for the sake of this game and it's players, get your shit together.

I hate to use the term since people often use it to exaggerate and hammer devs over the smallest detail but.. False advertising? Having a completely different network architecture than what you promised isn't exactly an insignificant thing. If they were honest and said the game was going to be P2P only on console I probably wouldn't have bought it right away until I saw how the connections were.. May have not even bought it at all after I learned about all this. I still want to be clear that I don't hate Gun or this game, but I think it's reasonable to be a little upset.

1 minute ago, Aidocs said:

I hate to use the term since people often use it to exaggerate and hammer devs over the smallest detail but.. False advertising? Having a completely different network architecture than what you promised isn't exactly an insignificant thing. If they were honest and said the game was going to be P2P only on console I probably wouldn't have bought it right away until I saw how the connections were.. May have not even bought it at all after I learned about all this. I still want to be clear that I don't hate Gun or this game, but I think it's reasonable to be a little upset.

They specifically said there would be dedicated servers on all three platforms before release. Nothing leading up to release, or even now has been said if that has changed. If we do not get them, I believe it would fall under false advertising, yes.

Guys can we lock this? They aren't going to respond to you or else they would have already 

1 minute ago, 7theye said:

Guys can we lock this? They aren't going to respond to you or else they would have already 

Locking it just means they'll never respond at all. =\ The only way they'll ever answer is if they get pressured enough.

3 minutes ago, 7theye said:

Why lock a useful thread? Potential buyers should know that this game does not have dedicated servers. Locking it just means it will never be seen again in a day or two.