Sagremort

No Dedicated Servers On Consoles For Quick Matches?

199 posts in this topic

It was announced that this game would have dedicated servers for Quick Match on all 3 platforms and that private match are P2P.

After watching people play on twitch, i can safely say that the PC version does actually have them dedicated servers, when they start searching for a game, in the upper right corner it does say searching for dedicated server and once in the game every single players has a ping besides their name.

But when it comes down to consoles all the games i've managed to play in Quick Match up until lvl9 on PS4 were player hosted, when i start searching for a game in the top right corner i'm searching for a session (not searching for dedicated here) and once i get into a lobby there is always a player without a ping meaning hes the host. 
The main problem here is that if the host is killed early he quit the game and every other players are kicked back to the menu with no rewards at all.

I tried to reach all their media on this question whether or not it was a bug, Sony didn't push the power button on the servers, is it intended until everything is stable or something else and no answer, strangely I've ask other questions and got answers. And from what i see from the twitter they rather answer some guy that was telling them that he could only masturbate a set amount of time while waiting on the game to work properly. 

lHeartBreakerl, huuru and Paul82 like this

Actually i would prefer a P2P alternative option for Quick Match, be cause dedi servers sucks atm.

Was about  to ask the same question! Seems only dedicated matchmaking servers on ps4 then when in game it's peer to peer

3 minutes ago, ZeroCool22 said:

Actually i would prefer a P2P alternative option for Quick Match, be cause dedi servers sucks atm.

For now i wouldn't mind the P2P servers if there was an host migration when the host leave, but it doesn't. I have to wait an average of 8 mins to get into a quick match and i don't mind the wait, the last 2 games i've just tried to play 7-8 mins in the game host gets killed and leaves, everyone is kick to the main menu and that's only the last two games had this happen too many times over the weekend.

Just did some testing with the PC and PS4 version with friends and asking people in the game lobby to message me if anything happens when the host leave the game.

On steam Quick matches are playable on dedicated servers, still one player gets the session leader arrow thingy at the left of their names and can change the map as far as i know and has a ping at the far right of the status bar. I managed to get into 2 games where i had that session leader arrow and when i leave nothing happens, the session leader arrow is simply given to another player and that's pretty much it.

But on console as i was stating earlier it's another thing. I got into 3 lobbys where i was the host of the game with the arrow thingy left to my name and no ping at the far right of my status bar and at the moment i leave the lobby everyone get the same message that the host as left the game and they are all kicked to the main menu, no migration nothing.

If thats the case and the games are player hosted at least give us an option to actually host quick matches (that way i know i wont get kick cause the host rage qui from dieing early) or make it so if the host leave to migrate to another player or once the host leave and it kicks every players out of the game make it so that we get to the usual end game screen and give us a portion of the XP for completing the game like 250xp instead of 500xp plus the usual xp you get for completing stuff in the game.

B0bZomb1e likes this

Still trying to get some sort of information about this. Anyway to get an official answer? I've tried all social media, every email, i'm pretty sure you guys are flooded with messages of all sort and everything and getting an answer could take time it's just that i yeah some sort of answer would be really appreciated.

Yes, I am with the OP, I noticed that too and I am worried about it, because I hoped to see dedicated servers on console. Its make me angry everytime the host leaves and I lost all the xp, and then i need to wait another 10 minutes to find a f.. match :(

I dont really want to be that annoying fuck, but i want an official answer on this.

Hi guys

For anyone who missed it the answer to this question is found in "About Friday The 13th: The Game" section of the Forums.

A good post from the developers themselves is this one:

If you have the patience to read the whole thing it gives you a detailed explanation of what went wrong at launch and what steps are being taken to correct it.

The short version is that PC users should have a fix now.  Playstation users get a fix today and XBox ONE users get a fix tomorrow.

They point out that this is not being done in "Favourite Order".

The Steam platform doesn't need a certification to patch.  The developers can just push "Go" without having to explain their work or have it proof checked.

Sony and Microsoft take a little longer because of their patch certification requirements and are hindered because of the holidays that took place on Monday in both the USA and Britain.

When it works it's amazing so fingers crossed, let's look forward to some "amazing" in the very near future.  It should not be long now.

And...... Im back. First thank you for your hard work, thank you for the new patch on PS4, i love the game and I've have been playing all weekend long with friends and we had an amazing time.

But i still got the same question, now that we got the patch to stabilized matchmaking and some other bugs, i'm still trying to figure out the same thing. Where are the consoles dedicated servers? game is still player hosted. and with that tweet i mean we surely aren't playing on dedicated servers if we need an host migration.

f13dedicatednot.png

Rik OShea UK and B0bZomb1e like this

I hope they respond to this but it's not looking good. =\ I made a post here myself, tweeted all three twitter accounts and even tried Wes, posted on reddit repeatedly.. Still nothing. I'd hate to assume they're just ignoring it and be totally wrong, but it's starting to look that way considering there's been zero comments.

For almost 2 weeks, i tried to get an answer on this from Facebook, twitter, email, forums and nothing. This is a serious issue and false advertisement cause i wouldn't have bought the game twice on console knowing this.  P2P for quick matches in 2017 is not an option imo in a game like this. Take a look at For Honor and tell me if people were happy to play on player hosted games, i know i was not, i played like 60 hours in about 2 weeks hoping for the best until i realised after 3 weeks nothing would make it works unless dedicated servers and that was not happening so i never played it again.

And i got some screenshot (ill post it when i get home from work) from them telling someone on twitter that yes we would be Dedicated servers on consoles for quickmatch and yesterday that tweet i posted that they are working on host migration, why the hell would i need host migration on a dedicated server?

On 2017-5-28 at 2:07 PM, ZeroCool22 said:

Nah mate. P2P bites the big one, if the host has a sucky connection,  kiss goodbye to the game.

So here are the tweets, unfortunatly i tough i saved the one about dedicated servers but i didn't so i found another one pretty much saying the same thing.

First about dedicated servers on consoles. Second one, contradicting themselves saying they are working on host migration, but WHY since were playing on dedicated servers? And the 3rd tweet is what i assume they rather answer to this shit instead of legit post.

13thserverdedicatedtweet.png

f13dedicatednot.png

13th masterbate.png

I'm not super bothered they answered joke tweets, nothing wrong with having some humor. Still though, you think they'd say SOMETHING since they said the game would have dedicated servers and they clearly know that it currently doesn't on console. I've never seen a dev say a game would have dedicated servers, not have them, and then just.. Ignore it. Kind of weird =\.

Exactly, i don't get why they remain silent about this issue, and im not the only one asking and no one gets answer. Are the devs even on their own forums? do they read whats going on here?

Well 2 weeks later still no answer, they are dodging this question and i know i'm not the only one asking.

PC hardly has dedicated servers. Dedicated servers on other games don't kick everyone of after a game. They are persistent and you could play in one for hours on other games. But not in this game, I don't know why that is.

I had to create an account for this exact post. On a side note, what brilliant mind came up with the questions to create a forum account here? "Who played Jason in the Game", "Who is the final girl" WTF? I have never had to do research to create an account lol. Anyways, back on topic...

I have been checking pretty much daily for any information on dedicated servers on console. I have seen countless facebook posts and tweets from others asking about it, and those posts get ignored. However, any post that contains the words "Host Migration" get a response. You shouldn't advertise that quickplay will be on dedicated servers, then say you are working on "host migration".

Did anybody see the heat that Ubisoft got for making For Honor P2P? Ubisoft got ripped a new one by the community and reviewers for P2P.

Anyways, I found this post through your reddit post which is catching some attention right now on the f13 sub.

Sagremort and RocknRon13 like this

19 hours ago, RocknRon13 said:

This subject infuriates me more than any other issue with this game.

Me too. I can handle some tech issues even if they get on my nerves, but I can't handle not getting something that was promised before the game came out. Even if they did host migration in quick match (Which isn't what we were promised pre-release.), there'd still be constant issues with laggy connections and janky hosts. Lag is actually a surprisingly big deal in this game too. 

1 hour ago, Aidocs said:

Me too. I can handle some tech issues even if they get on my nerves, but I can't handle not getting something that was promised before the game came out. Even if they did host migration in quick match (Which isn't what we were promised pre-release.), there'd still be constant issues with laggy connections and janky hosts. Lag is actually a surprisingly big deal in this game too. 

they ran out of money and or knew from day one they would never be able to keep up with the server expenses, wish they had the bawls to at least come on here and be like listen, fuck you brats and just deal with it. 

2 minutes ago, shwag said:

they ran out of money and or knew from day one they would never be able to keep up with the server expenses, wish they had the bawls to at least come on here and be like listen, fuck you brats and just deal with it. 

I don't think that's fair or accurate. Do you have a source for that!? If not, it's not helpful.

Host migration is a must, the rage quitting is getting way out of hand. Hell I even had a party member rage quit and drag everyone out of the entire game recently. Right in the middle of a great round too.