Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GunMedia_Ben

Status Right Now

79 posts in this topic

I'm on Xbox One and don't get the "database login error" your referring to I just get the spinning dial of doom when I try to do a quick match. Yet to play myself.

Thank you very much for the update. I know last night, I was feeling very exasperated and in the dark. I did finally manage to get in around 5:30am and have refused to log out since then, but I feel for my friends who haven't been able to play. Good to know you guys are working so hard and I appreciate it greatly.

This is more... hindsight 20/20, so it isn't helpful now, but if you release future games, I highly suggest doing an open beta or pre-release before a full release. It's sad so many people are bashing the game, many who haven't even played and those who are angry about the log in error and glitches. I know I have been frustrated, but I haven't left a bad review because I do love the game. Obviously, no matter what, there are problems when a game releases, but it's best to iron out as much as possible before a full release and to be sure the game is as ready as it possibly can. Pre-release and open beta also help you get a better idea at the numbers of which you are going to get and there are just far less problems overall. With that, people aren't as critical because, hey, this isn't a full release. They are just testing the water, etc etc.

Just my two cents. Like I said, it doesn't really help anything now. But for those later games.

Make sure to take care of yourself, too! Good luck!

I was actually coming to these forums to complain about wtf is going on with this game, it's worse than DbD's launch atm... but yeah after reading all of that, I understand. At least you guys are aware of what's going on with the backer DLC and are working on resolving all the server issues...

I actually booked a day off work so I could play this and so far it's been a rather mediocre experience due to not being able to just play whenever I feel like it and more like when the servers feel like letting me play.

I suppose in time the game will work as intended but it probably hurt your rep + sales a bit with people refunding it and what not... I'm glad I supported the game but please resolve this shit soon otherwise it's going to kill this community before it even has a chance to grow.

Best of luck.

@GunMedia_Ben So do you guys have a handle on the database error (PS4) or...?

45 hours and counting here without a single match.

6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@GunMedia_Ben So do you guys have a handle on the database error (PS4) or...?

45 hours and counting here without a single match.

its 9pm , im not sure its gonna get fix tonight, unfortunately! its sad, but they need to rest too, cause they are human lol

Keep us updated :)

1 minute ago, Luminelle said:

its 9pm , im not sure its gonna get fix tonight, unfortunately! its sad, but they need to rest too, cause they are human lol

Keep us updated :)

No offense, but no- take turns sleeping. Get this shit fixed. Maybe call home the two guys who went to the convention.

Basically, it's get it fixed soon or bust.

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

No offense, but no- take turns sleeping. Get this shit fixed. Maybe call home the two guys who went to the convention.

Basically, it's get it fixed soon or bust.

Yes, Get some coffee, cigs , tell the wife and kids you're  not coming home this weekend, get some Stimulants off the street corner. I don't care, get this shit done. I believe in you guys. 

Thank you guys for everything and  I'm sure the community will continue to support you guys.

8 hours ago, Freya said:

This is more... hindsight 20/20, so it isn't helpful now, but if you release future games, I highly suggest doing an open beta or pre-release before a full release.

They did have a Beta in December, running for...can't quite remember, either 5 or 6 days. Ultimately it was the huge amount of release day purchasers that seems to have obliterated their servers, rather than the pre-orders and backers and Beta players.

I just can't get my head around you guys ignoring the glaring issue with UE4 and AMD, you've not bothered to respond yet you've gone and pushed a patch today to fix a non game breaking issue.

I get you're a small team but you clearly have enough time to sort something out that's a non priority and have taken the time to respond to people crying in steam discussions about steam achievements.

havent been able to play too since yesterday morning..... can log in and all my stats are there but the quick match just doesnt find ANYTHING....i've given up for the next couple days.... back to GTA ONLINE it is...

Where did my level go? And my unlocked characters that are now again locked? I was able to play 5 games in over 24 hours. Five. Still this turned out to be a waste of my time because all my stats have now been reset for no reason. If this keeps going I'll return the game and will never buy again.

I am sorry but this sort of issues should have been checked before release. No excuse really. There was a beta test was there?

I have been lucky enough to not experience any issues really...apart from not being able to level up.

Loading time isn't much more then a minute. But it has gotten steadily slower today.

I am sure you will fix the issues. Its an amazing game. I love it!

I have enjoyed the game so far. My only question is if there is a fix being worked on for the fact that there is some kind of region lock on PS4 where we cannot play with people from different parts of the world. I am in the USA and have not been able to play with my friends in Australia. Just hoping for a fix or at least to know the issue is known and being worked on.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Metalalbert said:

Where did my level go? And my unlocked characters that are now again locked? I was able to play 5 games in over 24 hours. Five. Still this turned out to be a waste of my time because all my stats have now been reset for no reason. If this keeps going I'll return the game and will never buy again.

I am sorry but this sort of issues should have been checked before release. No excuse really. There was a beta test was there?

There was a beta test for PC backers in December. I'm not a developer but from I can fathom from their communications is that an unprecedented amount of server traffic on release day from new buyers has caused the issues. I think they were expecting a solid base of players on release day, but had no inclination from their metrics that it would be so great a volume of players. It's obviously disappointing for players and the developers themselves, but things seem to be improving. Hold in there bud!      

Edit: Also, when things are sorted - you get your level and unlocks back they have said. You won't have lost them. 

1 person likes this

I guess I was just upset because I had lost everything I gained yesterday while playing. It already takes ages to get into a game for me so yeah, I think it's perfectly normal for people to become upset.

I'll just see what happens in the next few days. But chances are high I am returning this game anyway. I like the idea but I just can't play it, and to me it just feels weird Gun Media maybe didn't realise there would be long searching times because this game was highly anticipated and would most likely cause a lot of people to buy it.

Sure I can connect fine and I still do try and wait for games but man, I have lost everything now I have played for and don't feel like playing again because of it. Why? I spend more time waiting for a game than I actually play one. I also don't like a lot of the players on there, with their "get out of my cabin" type of attitude. But most importantly, next time I start up the game maybe everything is gone again as well.

So, I either just wait quite some time before I start playing this game again because there is fixing going on that could have been realised earlier on, or just return it.

1 minute ago, Metalalbert said:

I guess I was just upset because I had lost everything I gained yesterday while playing. It already takes ages to get into a game for me so yeah, I think it's perfectly normal for people to become upset.

I'll just see what happens in the next few days. But chances are high I am returning this game anyway. I like the idea but I just can't play it.

Natural to feel that way. Think they totally understand the frustration. They're gamers themselves afterall. But I wouldn't worry about losing your level or unlocks, they have stated that won't be the case. From what I understand everything you accomplish in the game is still being counted, even though you can't access it currently.  

tried again out of boredom. works fine for me right now! lets hope it stays this way PS4.-

Crap I feel bad for those that can't get in !  I got in several private matches with community members yesterday after nothing on Friday. Just let me tell you. It's worth the wait and you will have a blast playing it.  Quick play matches still don't work but private matches are working well. I'm on PS4  Hope to see everyone at camp when you arrive. I'm cool with waiting for DLC as my main concern was being able to play the game. I have Spectrum Internet and it definitely helps to have a strong connection . 

1 hour ago, Namrockjr said:

I have enjoyed the game so far. My only question is if there is a fix being worked on for the fact that there is some kind of region lock on PS4 where we cannot play with people from different parts of the world. I am in the USA and have not been able to play with my friends in Australia. Just hoping for a fix or at least to know the issue is known and being worked on.

This. Nobody has acknowledged this so far, I don't want to play in an external party so I can speak to my friends in a different session. We can't even start a private match P2P, it's unnecessary.

1 person likes this

I'm sad, I was looking forward to playing a lot with friends during this bank holiday weekend, they can play but sadly I can not. I will continue to wait and hope it gets resolved soon, I'm sure the devs are trying as hard as they can to get this sorted.

2 minutes ago, Sweedy said:

This. Nobody has acknowledged this so far, I don't want to play in an external party so I can speak to my friends in a different session. We can't even start a private match P2P, it's unnecessary.

Ya I have someone in Canada I want to bring into a match.

Game is amazing despite all the issues. The dosconnects and inability to login at times sucks but it's expected.

Any frustration, anger or dissapoimtment these create in me are based on the situation itself and desire to simply want to play. None of it is directed at you guys at least on my behalf.

I wish more people would understand and stop being so negative and angry.

But hang in there and keep up the good work. Game is awesome and your hard work is really appreciated.

1 person likes this

I really don't understand why people are surprised that there's issues. It happens with almost every new game that's based online, even the big ones.  Be patient people!  These guys are under incredible amounts of stress already and don't need a bunch of salty attitudes adding to it. 

3 people like this