Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GunMedia_Ben

Status Right Now

79 posts in this topic

Hey all. So I want to come in and say some stuff for everyone to be aware of; things are a bit screwy right now, and our team is working as hard as we can to ensure all of you are getting to play. 

We planned for a lot of people to play, but we're blown away by how many people have in fact started playing. The servers are upgraded, but the migration takes time. This is not an easy process that can be done with the flick of a switch or a restart; this is a progression of updates that has to occur around the world for our various players on multiple platforms. I won't lie to you, there are growing pains that you've probably experienced yourself or heard about. 

The best and most reliable way to play is Private Matches. We encourage you to ask around here on the forums, the Reddit page, Discord or with your own friends to get into games and play. Those use Peer-to-Peer access, so you can play with others. Do keep in mind, it is P2P so connections could be weird if the host doesn't have a decent set-up. 

Our team has been working nonstop. I won't lie, I was up close to three days and finally got some sleep last night. We're all focusing on getting fixes in and keeping you guys up to date, but the expectations are fixes that occur in minutes, when the reality is these take hours if not more. 

Issues such as Database Login Failure and issues with lost unlocks or perks are due to server migration and back-end services. Your profile should not lose those items overall, and we have seen people regaining their unlocked characters, but it can and will take time for everything to get to complete normalcy. The server load is crazy and we're working to ensure that the new setup for servers will handle everything. On the other hand; we want everyone to get into games, not get dumped into a server with no one else joining. 

Overall; there's a lot of players and quite a few are playing right now, but we are working to ensure 100% of our fans are getting what they demanded. 

As for those waiting on their DLC; we are working on a solution, but unfortunately we have to wait on Sony and Steam reps to get back to us. The issues look to be permissions-based right now we've been hounding for support on our end. This situation absolutely sucks right now, because the only people it affects are our backers, the people that believed in us and gave us more money to make this a reality. It is not fun, nor is it part of the deal. We at Gun apologize sincerely for the wait, but we should have news soon. Your new Jason and the clothing pack will go live, it is one of our top concerns. 

Those of you on Xbox; we're waiting to hear back on MS for the server issues. It's not fun that they didn't launch our title on time, it's not fun our backers couldn't download the game due to their server issues and it seems that servers on their end are also having issues that we are waiting to hear word on. It's something we are pushing to resolve just as fast as we can. I personally game on Xbox One more than any other platform and I was looking forward to a match this morning before coming in...so that was a let down on the release of my first major game for a console :/. I'm right there with you guys. 

Our guys got a little sleep last night, we're all getting back to it right now and we hope to get things smoothed out soon as we can!

22 people like this

I worry more about your Health guys. Please don't strain your body yes? I'm grateful you want to fix this game and make everybody happy, but it's no use if you people aren't healthy, you made a fun game i enjoy playing. sure, it got it's kinks, but i didn't notice any of that except the login problem.

sure i wanna get my achievements and all that, and i saw some completely inpatient people, but if you need sleep. take it, take a week off and sleep. i'll understand that we are only Human, and we all want to make a great game together.

oh, and to make a little joke. next time you guys launch a game, please make sure Jason isn't sitting in the server Room. haha.

3 people like this

Thanks for the update and for all that you've done and continue to do!

Just chiming in to say that the game is flippin' fantastic and I've had so much playing it, right along with the countless strangers I've played with so far, all saying the same thing!

I have no doubt that the kinks will be worked out, and I hope those impacted by the delayed starts won't be too upset about it all. It'll all come together.

In the meantime, we'll give you that strange sort of love where we continue to spread the word, hammer your servers, and make it increasingly difficult to get a handle on meeting the demand of eager and entertained customers!! :D

Best of luck and health over there!! You guys have really delivered gold and I hope our enjoyment fuels the long hours you guys still have to endure!!

Thanks for working so hard! The private matches have been working well on Xbox so I haven't really cared about the servers. The only big issue I've been having is the saving profile data bug.

It's brutal out there.  Private matches seem to be the way to go and even then we only seem to finish a game 2 out of 10 times.  But I know it's gotta be rough for you guys.  Working with Sony and Microsoft can't be easy.  Patches have to be approved, it's the long weekend in America.....all horrible.

It's like Murphy's Law woke up today and decided to slap the crap out of your game today.   But I have faith.  From what I've played so far, I'm loving it.  People are loving me being the DLC Jason.  He's really really really bleeping cool and badass!  The trailer you guys did for him doesn't do him justice.  I'm in love! :)   Thank you guys.  I'm praying for ya!!!!  Good luck!!

Overall we see things are going well, the majority of users are getting games and the population is rather large. Our team cares about everyone and it sucks wholesale that our backers can't get their DLC and a small portion are having connection issues. Those two things are our major priorities. The patches should absolutely help and we are working on even more things after we get things completely correct for every and all users. 

Thanks guys! The comments, both negative and positive, mean that you guys care and we want you to know we care as well. 

-Ben

3 people like this

Thanks for the update, appreciate you letting us know the status.

I'm on PC and been trying to get on since yesterday but still not played a single match, just keep getting the Database Login Failure :(

I'm desperate to play a match! :D

Thank you again for the continued heads up @GunMedia_Ben.  The games I've been able to play with some of the forum users so far have been awesome!  I just wanted to drop in and tell you I appreciate everything you guys are trying to do to get the game's hiccups back on track and have faith that everything will get ironed out in time.  Every game suffers day 1 hiccups (some more than others)!  Hell, I remember when MoP for World of Warcraft went live... Talk about a crapfest of crashes and world blade drops.

Great job so far!  I'm looking forward to a long and fun relationship with this diabolical game you've created!

Oh look who is showing up, the theory sounds so great, but tell me one thing, where are the South American servers? be cause your team promise we would have those on the launch and till now we only getting matched on USA SERVERS, also saw now you are giving more AUS servers to them, but SA servers what?

We paid 40USD to play with 200+ms, that's a great deal!

Thanks for the update but for me it's not enough.

I've bought this game in good faith and I've had 2 games since it came out. I tweeted you on Friday early AM n said the servers were not working. You guys didn't acknowledge that there was any issues till nearly Friday late afternoon.

Now if I try to save any customise grab kills or councilor perks I get 'saving profile' and you have to hard quit the game . Yet if you make a new user on console you can play without issues.

There are tons of tweets, Reddit posts and forum posts about it, yet no word if you even acknowledge that and when a fix is coming.

For the 2 games I played it was fun but I'm a solo player and like to play killer. Private matches are boring and they are no good if you can't customise without the saving profile bug. Just reset everyone if it solves the issue!

I've been patient it's about time we had some solid answers. @GunMedia_Ben

Thx for the update, i play on steam via pc and i have been having this database login failure since i tried to play friday at 5pm when i had no problem to play from 12am to 12pm friday. Its sad, couldnt play at all yesterday since i woke up and it seem i'll have the same issue today. Im happy you're working hard to fix the issue and thx you for keeping us updated.

Other then that, the game is very enjoyable and fun to play with friends, just frustrating that i can see all my friends play, but i cant due to this issue.

Hope i can get in soon :)

The biggest issue I've seen is whole private matches crashing out to the title screen or Xbox desktop about mid-match. I think since release I have only actually "finished" a match maybe 6 times. Most crash long before the match completes. There are of course other issues in regards to bugs and whatnot that I'm sure you guys are already aware of and working on.

How blown away were your team when you pulled in over $500,000 in gross sales(I'm expecting steam and others will be taking large chunks out of that) on the first day? :D

33 minutes ago, Siuk said:

Thanks for the update but for me it's not enough.

I've bought this game in good faith and I've had 2 games since it came out. I tweeted you on Friday early AM n said the servers were not working. You guys didn't acknowledge that there was any issues till nearly Friday late afternoon.

Now if I try to save any customise grab kills or councilor perks I get 'saving profile' and you have to hard quit the game . Yet if you make a new user on console you can play without issues.

There are tons of tweets, Reddit posts and forum posts about it, yet no word if you even acknowledge that and when a fix is coming.

For the 2 games I played it was fun but I'm a solo player and like to play killer. Private matches are boring and they are no good if you can't customise without the saving profile bug. Just reset everyone if it solves the issue!

I've been patient it's about time we had some solid answers. @GunMedia_Ben

As stated, this is not a simple matter of 'reset.' This is a lengthy process that we plan on working out. I am sorry if I didn't respond to your tweet. We've on average been getting 1-2K tweets every 20 minutes. It is almost impossible to respond to every single request. We are 4 guys at Gun Media handling everything and we're working to better things for everyone. Please keep checking our direct posts for info. We have been posting soon as we can. 

6 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

As stated, this is not a simple matter of 'reset.' This is a lengthy process that we plan on working out. I am sorry if I didn't respond to your tweet. We've on average been getting 1-2K tweets every 20 minutes. It is almost impossible to respond to every single request. We are 4 guys at Gun Media handling everything and we're working to better things for everyone. Please keep checking our direct posts for info. We have been posting soon as we can. 

Can you give us an eta  for the ''database login failure''? Do you think i can hope to play tonight with my friends or should i do something else? cause waiting infront of my pc to play a game that keep getting me to an error window over and over again its kinda getting me frustrated, i know there is plenty of other stuff i could do haha but when you want to play 1 game and you cant , its lame hahaha

10 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

When you will answer about the servers? just a short answer like "not there will not be or yes we are working on it".

So we know if ask for a refund or not on STEAM.

Appreciate the update, @GunMedia_Ben.

I know you'll guys work this out eventually. Would be cool if I could get a round on xbox with you sometime. Once, yknow, everythings not on fire ;)

Don't push yourselves too hard. And try to enjoy some of memorial day weekend. Take care and good luck.

As for those waiting on their DLC; we are working on a solution, but unfortunately we have to wait on Sony and Steam reps to get back to us. The issues look to be permissions-based right now we've been hounding for support on our end. This situation absolutely sucks right now, because the only people it affects are our backers, the people that believed in us and gave us more money to make this a reality. It is not fun, nor is it part of the deal. We at Gun apologize sincerely for the wait, but we should have news soon. Your new Jason and the clothing pack will go live, it is one of our top concerns. 

giving us free codes for the PS4 Theme would be a sweet make-up gesture as its only bundle with the game when BUYING it again... which of course i wont do....

:D

Just letting you know this is the best game I have ever played and everyone I meet in game agrees.

Even my mom who abhorrs video games likes to watch me play it and laughs and screams the whole time (she was a big fan of the series in the 80s).

You made something amazing, there are a few hangups, so what, I'm sure you'll have solved everything soon, but thank you so much for all you've already done!!

@GunMedia_Ben Thanks- keep us updated if you can. Haven't made it into a single match yet because of the player database error.

Thank you so much for the work you do. Please don't endanger your health and lives for us, we expected bugs on the first few days its only natural and people shouldn't be attacking you like they are. Keep up the great work guys!

What is this shit about endangering their lives or health? Some of you guys need to dial it back a touch. It's stressful, it sucks but they're not the only people to have a few extremely shitty days at work. This is their job, it's what they do. Do you think they would want to be anywhere else? Let's not get too dramatic.

5 people like this

Sure they'd not the only ones having days like that, but I'd hope anyone sleep deprived gets to take care of themselves as soon as possible, regardless of job or expectations.
If that's too bleeding heart, I'll own that.

It was always gonna be even busier post-launch but this whole situation has just exploded.

I've also been hit by the dreaded Database Login Failure issue and have only had two-and-a-half games since launch. I know some have had it even worse, like Bears and Crackers here that unfortunately couldn't even get one, which really sucks. It's frustrating for sure, like having your nose pressed up against the window and people are having a party on the other side :P But a solution that sticks will be better than one that just falls over again so I appreciate it takes time.

Hope today goes well with issues across the board and you guys can start returning to some kind of normal routine. Cheers, Ben.