thatdudescott

They fucking killed JASON

125 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

I can say this. I have my ideas on what it will take to kill Jason based on comments on the forums about datamining, and that achievement thread.

Consider the next few lines spoiler material.

If I'm Jason and somebody hits my cabin, I'm going to not even bother with environmentals. Swing my axe until they drop. Depending on if I have morph handy, I'm going there instantly. If not, I won't bother. I'll kill the others first. Let the counselor sit waiting bored.

With that, if the dev's want this to not turn into a "hanging at Jason's" type of game, they'll make it time based as well. If you go to the shack (or other locations) too early, it simply shouldn't work. That will nip bad play in the bud.. If everybody has to survive for X minutes first and going early is a death sentence, people may just go for the escape even knowing how to kill Jason. 

I've watched it, and if you were to go there under the right circumstances and they were ready, no amount of axe swinging will save you. 

Now I don't think it will be as easy against a Jason that's fighting, but I do think a coordinated group could probably make Jason's life a living hell...just before sending him back there.

12 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

I've watched it, and if you were to go there under the right circumstances and they were ready, no amount of axe swinging will save you. 

Now I don't think it will be as easy against a Jason that's fighting, but I do think a coordinated group could probably make Jason's life a living hell...just before sending him back there.

Could just be a dick and wait them out, outside the area then. I assume they have to demask you first and if somebody hits the killzone before that, it's a death sentence. And I'll hack people down. Once I'm demasked, I may hit that mode too. As a matter of fact if people want to swing on me, I'm likely to just swing back. We'll see how broken it is in the coming days.

With that, I may watch this video after I've had a few days of play, if I don't pull it off myself. I plan to make a thread reviewing the game and I'm hoping Gun ensures that somebody making it to the scene (whether it's the shack, or on a dock by a large rock, etc) isn't a near insta-victory. 

My shot in the dark best way to keep it reasonable? Make it not work before a random time. So one round you can kill Jason 13 minutes in, the next 12, the next 15, etc. The one thing is it should always be in the latter half of a full game, in my opinion. 

I really hope Gun has a handle on this. Killing Jason was the big achievement. Once people can do it, I wonder how long their attention span concerning the game will be.

I haven't watched the video, and i don't intend to give that streamer/Troll any coverage, so it's probably best we stop talking about it, as that's what that troll streamer wants, is views.

So that being said. Damage is done, but I feel we all knew that Jason would be killed first day by some trolls who exploit the game, and team up with Jason to figure it out.

I don't think the developers owe us an apology. I think thats stupid. But I do wish they told the streamers "No private matches to kill Jason" and Jason "can't be in on it"

Risinggrave and DamnedEternal1 like this

1 minute ago, dandop1984 said:

I don't think the developers owe us an apology. I think thats stupid. But I do wish they told the streamers "No private matches to kill Jason" and Jason "can't be in on it"

You know what? I'm hoping they did say something like that and that these streamers are going to pay through the nose for breaking said NDA.

dandop1984 likes this

12 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

You know what? I'm hoping they did say something like that and that these streamers are going to pay through the nose for breaking said NDA.

Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but when BikeMan'S stream was devoted to killing him, they kept glitching out while doing it. He sent Wes a message and Wes said he was "On it." 

This is going to be my only post on it until the inevitable post from the devs. I think it was incredibly stupid to allow streamers to do this. As Wes watched and cringed at them not knowing the films...while knowing that one of these people were going to kill him and then it is Fallout 4 all over again with trolls spoiling the game on the net. The game they bragged about being #1 and then #2 on Twitch and other outlets. The game they spent years making. Then they gave matches to a flame retardant child and the rest of us got burned. I'm over it and kinda over them at this moment. He could post something magical that could fix my distrust of them, but right now...screw giving them anymore of my money in the future. What is more important than making sure your game survives is making sure your reputation lives past the game.

Now I just want to play what I bought and hope to have a good time in spite of not being a fan of this particular bit of stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Profound stuff

Yeah, that pisses me off. I had said when I first learned about streamer marketing that I would accept it so long as X, Y, Z. One of those things were Jason being killed. Big misstep for Gun in my opinion. I'm very forgiving to people who screw up but who have good intentions. This is something though that with any degree of forethought could have been avoided. What sucks is if people who know how to kill off Jason pretty much decide they are not interested in buying in, the rest of us take the brunt. 

I'm just hoping that by the time I get into play tomorrow that it isn't some clusterfuck with a busted meta.

I called this ages ago. 24 hours and people who have not even paid for the game have ruined any surprise.

1 minute ago, Babalonkie said:

I called this ages ago. This will have a massive impact on reviews. 24 hours and people who have not even paid for the game have ruined any surprise.

A few of us did. Me included I said on day 1 of release it was going to happen. Wasn't hard to predict. That was before we knew about the EA streamers though.

I'll still play the game and enjoy it though. I couldn't care less about killing Jason but I too am a bit peeved how this went down. Putting the sweater on wasn't even an option in the beta...trust me I tried and tons of streams of the beta show the same. They could've just turned that off for the EA streamers then turn it back on with the day 1 patch. 

2 hours ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Theres no damage control on this one. Whats done is done. And further.... They lied about it being possible in beta. If it was possible then we would have done it because we tried exactly what happened. 

I fucking told you guys that they lied about that and so many of you said they weren't lying to us they said it was possible so it was possible but in the Q&A they said we can't say so if it truly was possible they would have said YES but it wasn't possible at all so yes THEY LIED to you guys but they didn't lie to me at all because I called their BULLSHIT

Just now, undrtkr said:

A few of us did. Me included I said on day 1 of release it was going to happen. Wasn't hard to predict. That was before we knew about the EA streamers though.

I'll still play the game and enjoy it though. I couldn't care less about killing Jason but I too am a bit peeved how this went down. Putting the sweater on wasn't even an option in the beta...trust me I tried and tons of streams of the beta show the same. They could've just turned that off for the EA streamers then turn it back on with the day 1 patch. 

Bears and I had a bet about a month or so ago that how to kill Jason would be figured out within 24 hours of it's release. Imagine my surprise when it was almost 2 days before that. Now I don't really care about the Jason issue but as a neutral party that understands things about the gaming industry and its audience, let me make an observation.

Gun's huge misstep here is this: The Internet, and by large gamers, love to be the first to do something when it comes to a new game. There's a degree of prestige in it a lot of people enjoy. Us old schoolers know it as bragging rights. That's a thing and really anyone running a game company has to know that. Where Gun made a mistake that has and will cost them some of the goodwill that they've built up is by pretty much denying their fandom the chance to even try to be first. And that's really why a lot of folks are steaming right now.

As I said, I don't really care because I was never going to be the guy to try and run through the steps to kill him anyway, but there are a lot of people that are. And Gun themselves made this out to be some grand and secretive event that they wanted to be special when it happened. And it happened almost 2 full days before launch. So whether you are pissed at that or find it silly, understand that's how folks see it and try to understand that yourselves. 

Folks need to blow  off a little steam, so let em. Things will cool down after a bit.

Splatterhouse and DialM like this

11 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

I called this ages ago. This will have a massive impact on reviews. 24 hours and people who have not even paid for the game have ruined any surprise.

I've said what I had to say about the Jason mess. But yes...this and other spoilers by people who should know better are going to ruin A LOT of surprises. I just clicked on YouTube to check people I'm subscribed to and since I have watched something related to Friday the 13th, my entire recommendations were "BLAH BLAH KILL!" or "HOW TO ESCAPE THIS WAY." I didn't go out of my way to look for spoilers. They were thrown in my face while I was just trying to look at the YouTubers(who aren't even streamers) that I am subscribed to. Kills I didn't know were in the game or how to escape. I will be shocked if there are any surprises left by the time I get to play it tomorrow. 

Czorny likes this

3 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Folks need to blow  off a little steam, so let em. Things will cool down after a bit.

Yeah once everyone is over this latest snafu,the next one can start up.

The servers.

DialM likes this

Just now, thatdudescott said:

The servers.

Not helping! :P But yeah, I fully expect those to melt.

9 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

The servers.

Im sure this will be a topic of discussion tomorrow ;)

10 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

The servers.

Out of likes. 

One day at a time. The streamers were breaking the servers and "they are a very small group of people."

The hype surrounding killing Jason is something that was also built and kind of mythologized by the community itself. The devs told us how rare it was (happening once every so many games). With that knowledge, it was pretty obvious that it wasn't possible to do in the beta, because everyone was trying to do it and no one could. But the community insisted that maybe it was possible in the beta, but extra duper dooper rare and basically impossible.

It's not really surprising that Jason was killed already, given that it was supposed to happen every so often to begin with. And it's not totally ruined for everyone. A lot of people haven't seen that video or read about it, and they will be pleasantly surprised when they figure it out on their own. But it was always going to be spoiled if you looked for how to do it to begin with.

3 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

They fucking killed JASON

And you know what? He will come back... he alway does ! :P

They can make easily make it hard to kill Jason. Just use the "Final Girl " trope. Only the last girl and one man (if there is one guy left ) can kill Jason. And you only can kill him in his cabin. Make killing Jason the last option  

I just seen "A" video.
No idea if multiple people have done it (multiple videos)

didnt ruin it for me.
actually, the DORK was too busy video taping his stupid @$$ self playing a game and Screaming like a pathetic little basement dweller.
So I was too busy hitting the mute button as his Dork ass ruined his own video.

Little tip for you tubers out there.

Majority of people want to watch what you are doing, NOT to watch You!
as most of you dont look like someone worth looking at to F'ing begin with~!!!
& seeing that on a large portion of the screen, while trying to watch a F13th gameplay video for example.... NOTY!

I want MORE different Jason kills.

Cause people said you had to use Tommy.

Let us use the counselors to kill Jason in new animations

besides a restricted character base. I hope there are more,

I do feel like I got something spoiled to me before launch.

I just want this damn game to come out, so we don't have to be

watching these youtubers and streamers and other press pass people to

keel us all over. Almost like they own the game and they can only play the game.

After the release, watching F13 on youtube and streamers will be less relevant unless you wanna watch

through someone else's perspective. Just through.

nice to see gun media destroying everything they built by their stupid decision to let streamers play first. reap what you sow.