Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JyusannichiKibou

How to deter/ban external VOIP players?

39 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Shit- you're right. I didn't even consider they'll be out for summer soon. :(

Lucky for me, I already have a bunch of friends who purchased the game. Premades = No squeakers!

Also the fact that I play around midnight. I tend to get ruskis and folks from Asia more than kids. At least when your playing with foreigners and they scream at you.. its funny as hell XD

6 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

We need to get a petition going to urge Gun to wait until "Late 2017" to release this game! 

9 minutes ago, SCREWNUT said:

99ef4e41eb0c85c7409ba75a8224a35c51a30263

6 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Lucky for me, I already have a bunch of friends who purchased the game. Premades = No squeakers!

Also the fact that I play around midnight. I tend to get ruskis and folks from Asia more than kids. At least when your playing with foreigners and they scream at you.. its funny as hell XD

5 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

We need to get a petition going to urge Gun to wait until "Late 2017" to release this game! 

11 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

It's too perfect not to be. 

That was my thought. But I didn't know Goth's had a sense of humor. It sort of clashes with the gloom and melancholy. 

14 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Oh god I totally forgot.  Didn't even cross my mind.  Great lol, just great. 

IMG_0209.JPG

Risinggrave likes this

Got an idea to deter party chat. Jason can hear you based on proximity. If it's doable, what if Gun made it so anybody using party chat blips up as though they are speaking in Jason's proximity whenever they speak or listen in on somebody else speaking?  A good Jason who knows where you are can teleport in on you and fuck up your night.

Nearly every game these days has people in party chats instead of in-game chat. 

Trying to "ban" people for it is ridiculous.

If you don't want to lose your immersion, don't play random matchmade games, play private with friends who agree to your rules.

You can't go into random matches and throw down your own personal rules on how people are allowed to play or communicate.

I understand you want immersion. I do too. But you can't dictate how other people are allowed to play to accomodate your preference for immersion.

The only way you can "control" what does or doesn't happen is by making a Private Match.

If you want to play with randoms you need to accept random playstyles and communications regardless of what "you" personally would like.

SCREWNUT likes this

On 5/24/2017 at 10:46 AM, ikarikh said:

Nearly every game these days has people in party chats instead of in-game chat. 

Trying to "ban" people for it is ridiculous.

If you don't want to lose your immersion, don't play random matchmade games, play private with friends who agree to your rules.

You can't go into random matches and throw down your own personal rules on how people are allowed to play or communicate.

I understand you want immersion. I do too. But you can't dictate how other people are allowed to play to accomodate your preference for immersion.

The only way you can "control" what does or doesn't happen is by making a Private Match.

If you want to play with randoms you need to accept random playstyles and communications regardless of what "you" personally would like.

If I play Counterstrike with randos I understand that some people may be using wallhacks, but I still appreciate that Valve at least attempts to deter them. Global voice chat when the game is designed to not be played that way is effectively a wallhack for your ears -- you hear things you're not supposed to hear instead of seeing things you're not supposed to see.

It's *totally* different from using discord instead of a game's in-game voip -- provided that the in-game voip is *also* global. If the effect is identical (characters in in-game voip are able to share information freely), it's not cheating.

In the case of F13, the effect is *not* identical, therefore it is cheating.