Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bewareofbears

Suggestions to generate "Hype" on social media

6 posts in this topic

The game's social media has been oddly quiet at a time when they should probably be in hype mode. Here are some suggestions for posts they should make to generate hype and draw in new players:

Example Posts

• Show us your game face (mask) !
  • Post a pic of all counselors and ask which people are looking forward to playing most.
  • Post a pic of all Jasons and ask which people are looking forward to playing most.
  • Which film is your favourite?
  • Do a Savini skin/Clothing Pack giveaway where you pick x number of people who like and share the post
  • Show us your Friday the 13th collection!
  • Tag a friend you can't wait to stalk in Crystal Lake

There should be at least one post like these every day leading up to release. Literally anything is better than nothing.

Add your ideas/suggestions/etc.

All busy firming up last minute details. It's crunch time unfortunately. I think at the forum level the countdown is a nice touch. Hypocritical of me I know.

bewareofbears and DialM like this

As silly as it sounds, a dedicated social media manager seems like a real asset these days for companies. I mean, I didn't even know about the game until last week. Gotta do something to engage as many people as possible. 

thatdudescott likes this

Ben is the social media manager but he also works on the game as well. Gun has very limited resources as they are a small indie company. They do a pretty good job considering the size of the company.

3 hours ago, JPops said:

All busy firming up last minute details. It's crunch time unfortunately. I think at the forum level the countdown is a nice touch. Hypocritical of me I know.

No one can resist a countdown. ;) It's like a slow clap.

Edit:

3 hours ago, JPops said:

Nah. You were looking at the countdowns differently. One you felt was formed out of antagonism, and the other out of excitement. No hypocrisy with the context involved.

And yeah, BoB and the rest of the community involved in stoking that countdown fervor are definitely doing good work.