Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBSLICK33

"Vintage" Handheld Games

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone else remember any good handhelds from the 70s or 80s?

I just cleaned up my old TOMYTRONIC handheld TRON game and it reminded me of some other game I used to play.

I still have a functioning head to head football game too.  We used to trade them back and forth.  My buddies had Hockey("the one with the puck"  lol), and a really cool PAC MAN!  We had others between all my friends, but those are the ones that I remember the most.

I was going to post a pic from my iPhone, but it says the image is too big...  if I can figure it out, I'll attach a couple pics!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My new handheld is the Nintendo Switch. Which is also my console. Ahh 2017 what a time to be alive! Lol I have actually never owned a handheld to be honest. I was always jealous of those who did but when I was younger it came down to I can maybe try to convince my parents to buy a console or a handheld not both so I always opted for the console. I find it funny though how most games of that era are just as fun now as they were back then. Now I have to go back on a PC and use an emulator for the handheld games I never got to play lol

JBSLICK33 likes this

12 hours ago, JBSLICK33 said:

Does anyone else remember any good handhelds from the 70s or 80s?

I just cleaned up my old TOMYTRONIC handheld TRON game and it reminded me of some other game I used to play.

I still have a functioning head to head football game too.  We used to trade them back and forth.  My buddies had Hockey("the one with the puck"  lol), and a really cool PAC MAN!  We had others between all my friends, but those are the ones that I remember the most.

I was going to post a pic from my iPhone, but it says the image is too big...  if I can figure it out, I'll attach a couple pics!

2 hours ago, JPops said:

My new handheld is the Nintendo Switch. Which is also my console. Ahh 2017 what a time to be alive! Lol I have actually never owned a handheld to be honest. I was always jealous of those who did but when I was younger it came down to I can maybe try to convince my parents to buy a console or a handheld not both so I always opted for the console. I find it funny though how most games of that era are just as fun now as they were back then. Now I have to go back on a PC and use an emulator for the handheld games I never got to play lol

Ya'll keep playing your Nintendo switches, game boy advanced and fancy cellular devices.

I'll stick with the master race.

Tiger-Electronics-500x244.jpg

JBSLICK33 likes this

Added my pics.

Pre NES.  There wasn't much out there that was available to the average kid.  We had an Atari 2600 and a Commodore 64.  These handhelds were great tho for a portable game.  

image.jpeg