Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dennis--h

Question about pc stuff.

31 posts in this topic

I got a problem about my monitor cant find my gtx 1060 6gb card with HDMI cable.

My pc.

windows 7

intel core- 3560K 3.40 GHz x 2

8 GB

Motherboard: Z77A-G43

64 Bit

If anyone got a clue, about why it happens, it would be really nice to get some feedback about it, i'm not the best to pc stuff, 

The gtx 1060 6gb i just got, 

Usually if you dig around in the BIOS you should see an option to disable the on-board video.

Could also be drivers. But your monitor is not the issue. This is software.

I believe you still have the default video from the motherboard selected. If not, feel free to let me know.

Was this a PC you built or a pre build?

1 person likes this

Could be lots of things.

*Do you get any form of display from your card?

*Does your monitor support HD? (It has to say on the monitor itself "Full HD Video Format".)

*Also tried the VGA or DVI cables? (Is it only the HDMI it don't work on?)

*Tried a different HDMI cable?

*Do you use HDMI for a sound device? Also do you use sound converting/simulation software?

*Is your card getting enough power from the power supply? (Cards require different power supply's, Amps, Volts and rails, they are not plug and play devices).

*What windows you use? (If any)

*What is your monitor model?

Troubleshooting basic things before touching the more technical stuff.

post-16780-have-you-tried-forcing-an-une

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Usually if you dig around in the BIOS you should see an option to disable the on-board video.

Could also be drivers. But your monitor is not the issue. This is software.

I believe you still have the default video from the motherboard selected. If not, feel free to let me know.

Was this a PC you built or a pre build?

Okay, yeah i should try that.

Drivers should be fine, i install them while i just on VGA, just not Connect to the Monitor.

Its my pc build, i jsut forgot to white.. PSU 650W 

13 hours ago, Babalonkie said:

Does your monitor support HD?

It has to say on the monitor itself "Full HD Video Format".

Also tried the VGA or DVI cables?

Yeah it support full HD: Full HD 1080

I try VGA from monitor to the pc, and it works fine there.. i can see that my system have found the card. But it cant just not find it when i switch my monitor to HDMI.

The DVI cable i have, dont fit too the gtx 1060 card, thats why i use the HDMI cable.

Just now, Dennis--h said:

Okay, yeah i should try that.

Drivers should be fine, i install them while i just on VGA, just not Connect to the Monitor.

Its my pc build, i jsut forgot to white.. PSU 650W 

Refer to @Babalonkie and do some basic stuffs first.

2 minutes ago, Dennis--h said:

I try VGA from monitor to the pc, and it works fine there.. i can see that my system have found the card. But it cant just not find it when i switch my monitor to HDMI.

The DVI cable i have, dont fit too the gtx 1060 card, thats why i use the HDMI cable.

I adjusted and added more stuff to my post. can you edit your reply and il get back to you on this post.

Refer to @Babalonkie and do some basic stuffs first.

I am not a techy... more help the better ;) 

22 minutes ago, Dennis--h said:

Boot up with VGA. Right click your desktop and lower the resolution to 1920X1080 or/and lower. Turn off monitor. Connect HDMI and turn on monitor, tell me if you have the same problem.

9 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

I am not a techy... more help the better ;) 

I agree. I'm a technician so it's kinda my job to. But sometimes i get ahead of myself and go for the complicated issues than the basic ones. And more often than not its a basic problem.

Computers are weird.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

I agree. I'm a technician so it's kinda my job to. But sometimes i get ahead of myself and go for the complicated issues than the basic ones. And more often than not its a basic problem.

Computers are weird.

Then i should be referring to you. But i do suggest Dennis tries my post above just to check if the resolution detection is a little off.

21 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

Could be lots of things.

*Do you get any form of display from your card?

*Does your monitor support HD? (It has to say on the monitor itself "Full HD Video Format".)

*Also tried the VGA or DVI cables? (Is it only the HDMI it don't work on?)

*Tried a different HDMI cable?

*Do you use HDMI for a sound device? Also do you use sound converting/simulation software?

*Is your card getting enough power from the power supply? (Cards require different power supply's, Amps, Volts and rails, they are not plug and play devices).

post-16780-have-you-tried-forcing-an-une

When i try connect with the HDMI ig goes black, then it go blue and say HDMI No signal.

Yep it does.. Full HD 1080.

I cant try with a DVI, only got a cable my card cant connect with.

I try to put HDMI into lap top and it works.

Right now i got no sound put into my pc, i just use headphones.( just not plug in at the moment)

Uhmm no clue, how i find out if it get enogh power, i just know it got light on + my system found my card ( i see that when i connect my monitor to the bck case of my pc)

8 minutes ago, Dennis--h said:

When i try connect with the HDMI ig goes black, then it go blue and say HDMI No signal.

Yep it does.. Full HD 1080.

I cant try with a DVI, only got a cable my card cant connect with.

I try to put HDMI into lap top and it works.

Right now i got no sound put into my pc, i just use headphones.( just not plug in at the moment)

Uhmm no clue, how i find out if it get enogh power, i just know it got light on + my system found my card ( i see that when i connect my monitor to the bck case of my pc)

If you have not already tried... try this.

Boot up with VGA. Right click your desktop and lower the resolution to 1920X1080 or/and lower. Turn off monitor. Connect HDMI and turn on monitor, tell me if you have the same problem.

(Repeat and go smaller if it dont work)

Just now, Babalonkie said:

Then i should be referring to you. But i do suggest Dennis tries my post above just to check if the resolution detection is a little off.

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Dont help.

I will try go into bios.

When i plug VGA in, it just auto go on it and monitor works, Even if i have it on HDMI and the light on the monitor go to orange after it say no HDMI signal

I just cant see what key i have to press.. its kinda start up so fast.. like 1 sec on the first picture that comes up, when boot up my pc.

12 minutes ago, Dennis--h said:

Dont help.

I will try go into bios.

When i plug VGA in, it just auto go on it and monitor works, Even if i have it on HDMI and the light on the monitor go to orange after it say no HDMI signal

I just cant see what key i have to press.. its kinda start up so fast.. like 1 sec on the first picture that comes up, when boot up my pc.

Did you remove the VGA cable when going to HDMI in my recommendation? If so and did not work, Do what lHeartBreakerl said.

It should say briefly what button to press on startup to enter your bios,you need to catch it. Different bios have different keys, (Holding) F1, F2, F8 or delete can be found on different boards.

lHeartBreakerl do your stuff buddy ;) 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Dennis--h said:

yes i did.

Now i start to think its my PSU. i look at this list and i dont see my PSU on it.  cooler master gx bronze 650w

http://www.pc-specs.com/gpu/Nvidia/1000_Series/GeForce_GTX_1060/3540/Compatible_PSUs

Maybe i'm blind, but i cant see it...

Fucking hell -.-

First my old monitor cant with my new card, so i buy a new monitor, and now guess a new PSU.. 

Extremely unlikely, If your getting VGA to work (And a new monitor lol). Try the bios to see if there is a override on-board graphics or turn on HDMI for the card.

I personally avoid bios like the plague lol... to many O/C nightmares.

Also Did your card have a extra power connector on the side?

Okay, i just dont see my PSU on the list.

I'm so bad at this haha.. I connect 8 pins to the card, but idk if it got more, i got 8 more pins, If my card have more, i'm not even sure i have pick the right place on the card haha.. if it got power connector 2 places.. i will look :D

It just have 1 place, 8 pins that i use on it.

I just cant see what key i have to press to get to bios, like when i boot pc up.. it just start and i just see start picture as 0.5sec.. no way i have a chance to see..

guess i will try google and maybe find out what i have to press with my motherboard

7 minutes ago, Dennis--h said:

Okay, i just dont see my PSU on the list.

I'm so bad at this haha.. I connect 8 pins to the card, but idk if it got more, i got 8 more pins, If my card have more, i'm not even sure i have pick the right place on the card haha.. if it got power connector 2 places.. i will look :D

It just have 1 place, 8 pins that i use on it.

As long as it starts up on VGA and the fans spins, don't worry about that for now. Check the bios.

well the fans dont spin on the card, i read that it have to get over 62 before they start to spin slowly.. It just have light in it now

2 minutes ago, Dennis--h said:

well the fans dont spin on the card, i read that it have to get over 62 before they start to spin slowly.. It just have light in it now

If that's what it says on the box, just keep an eye on it.

Hold F2 when your pc starts up. (That's the most common Bios key). If not, google your board.

2 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

If that's what it says on the box, just keep an eye on it.

Hold F2 when your pc starts up.

I cant see it on the box, just read it on many places on forums.

Okay thanks :D

Its not F2 sadly.

man i been playing around with this like for 4 hours now..

44 minutes ago, Dennis--h said:

Its not F2 sadly.

man i been playing around with this like for 4 hours now..

Google your board. If you don't know it, first try typing in "System Information" in windows search/find and press enter. Should bring up a list of information. Look at "Base Board" and if your lucky windows will fully recognize your motherboard. Above it should be your bios provider too. Google those two to find your bios key.

Before doing all that, is there a option on your monitor to switch from analog to digital? Have a look, if there is, that will likely be your problem, as VGA is analog and HDMI is Digital.

There may be HDCP in place which is a compliance for using Digital hardware. That may be on your monitor, BIOS or even drivers.

I am from the UK and it's late here so going to disappear. Just make sure not to touch anything that doesn't look familiar lol

Is it this?

graphics from PEG to IGP

or enable multi moniter support?

4 minutes ago, Dennis--h said:

Is it this?

graphics from PEG to IGP

or enable multi moniter support?

Don't touch PEG yet. That's your slot types. i Would not touch any of those two yet. Read my previous post. Hopefully Someone else can help you whilst i am away.