Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LawDog

New Jason Designs?

38 posts in this topic

How would you guys feel if Gun started making there own Jason Designs as DLC that were not based on anything? Kinda like the Tom Savini Jason. I think it would be cool way to explore new ideas.

Honkytonkgamer and Hal Bailman like this

Yeah for sure. You gotta get those high requested characters first. I would love to see them keep supporting and adding to this game for years. Maybe there is a teenage Jason without a mask that is faster or something. Which i think was one of their idea before they did the Returned from Hell Jason. 

The rest of the movie Jasons should be released first. But seeing how everyone seems to love the Savini Jason and the demand for it (even though its been available for a year and a half), it would be a poor idea on Gun's part not to do more of their own designs.

There was some concept of a Jason between parts 1 and 2 where he wore his moms sweater on his head, but it was scrapped for hell Jason.

But yeah. they definitely should make more of their own Jason designs. Or hell bring Savini back on for another skin that everyone who owns the game can get (as paid dlc). More profit for them, more fun for the players.

Win/Win

Babalonkie likes this

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

The rest of the movie Jasons should be released first. But seeing how everyone seems to love the Savini Jason and the demand for it (even though its been available for a year and a half), it would be a poor idea on Gun's part not to do more of their own designs.

There was some concept of a Jason between parts 1 and 2 where he wore his moms sweater on his head, but it was scrapped for hell Jason.

But yeah. they definitely should make more of their own Jason designs. Or hell bring Savini back on for another skin that everyone who owns the game can get (as paid dlc). More profit for them, more fun for the players.

Win/Win

I'd buy that for a dollar. As long as it doesn't divide the player base. Keep that DLC coming. :D

13 minutes ago, LawDog said:

I'd buy that for a dollar. As long as it doesn't divide the player base. Keep that DLC coming. :D

Exactly. I'm all for supporting the devs, but please don't release maps you need to pay for. That would be a devastating blow. But thankfully I don't think they will. They seem to know how pissed people are with season passes and all that bs.

I don't really want to see too many more of their original ideas for Jason models. I'd prefer some form of fan contest, etc. The Savini Jason is really Gun's Jason and it's pretty lame. :)

41 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I don't really want to see too many more of their original ideas for Jason models. I'd prefer some form of fan contest, etc. The Savini Jason is really Gun's Jason and it's pretty lame. :)

If that is how you feel maybe a Savini Jason with no Gun input? 

DialM likes this

44 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

If that is how you feel maybe a Savini Jason with no Gun input? 

I'd be into that. Or Kane Hodder design his own. 

Edit:

Maybe John Carl Buechler.

Or reach out to artists in the comic book industry, etc.

Risinggrave likes this

33 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'd be into that. Or Kane Hodder design his own. 

Edit:

Maybe John Carl Buechler.

Or reach out to artists in the comic book industry, etc.

I'd definitely support the idea of maybe Hodder and Buechler working together on their own skin, a follow-up to New Blood if you will.

15 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

I'd definitely support the idea of maybe Hodder and Buechler working together on their own skin, a follow-up to New Blood if you will.

Fuckin' A. 

Would love to seed a Kane Holder designed Jason after we get Part IV and Jason X (can live without Uber Jason) can you imagine the buzz and sales of Hodder's Jason? 😂 

25 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

9 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Fuckin' A. 

What Rising said!

8 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Would love to seed a Kane Holder designed Jason after we get Part IV and Jason X (can live without Uber Jason) can you imagine the buzz and sales of Hodder's Jason? 😂 

Agreed... though I want Roy before anything new also. :)

Splatterhouse likes this

After the remaining movie Jasons(Part IV, Roy Burns, Jason X, Uber Jason), they could add the Jason from Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comic where the lower half of his mask is blown off revealing his skeletal jawbone, and his left hand is cut off with his machete blade shoved in to make a machete-arm. Here are some pics:

024.jpg

fvjva2-2.jpg

%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%

There's also the Jason from the Jason vs Leatherface comic. He sported a different look, he was more human looking and was sleeveless, but it depended on the artist drawing him. Most of the time he looked like a green-suited version of the JGTH version.

jason-vs-leatherface.jpg

jvsl2.jpg

His mask has an almost skull shape to it in the first pic and his machete is very curved and appears to be reverse-edged as well. It's an interesting look and I wonder what kind of stats these Jasons would have to reflect their look.

JasonVsWindows likes this

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

After the remaining movie Jasons(Roy Burns, Jason X, Uber Jason), they could add the Jason from Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comic where the lower half of his mask is blown off revealing his skeletal jawbone, and his right hand is cut off with his machete blade shoved in to make a machete-arm. Here are some pics:

Even though the designs do look cool i doubt we will see them implemented. although i do like this cover:

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

jvsl2.jpg

Jasons just like "da fuck is this?"

And some random creepy ass dude in the bottom right.

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Even though the designs do look cool i doubt we will see them implemented.

I think it might be easier to get the rights to do those Jasons than to get FvJ and Remake versions. Whoever holds the rights to them, comic versions gotta be cheaper to license than the movie versions.

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think it might be easier to get the rights to do those Jasons than to get FvJ and Remake versions. Whoever holds the rights to them, comic versions gotta be cheaper to license than the movie versions.

I can see that. But thats reminds of NES Jason. No one knows where the rights to that is. And its possible the same can be said for these comic iterations.

But we're getting to far ahead of ourselves. We should get all movie iterations of the killers first. Maybe not Pamela since the whole system would need to be reworked. But Roy is possible. Just make him easier to defeat, and possibly have the survivors show less fear when his masked is removed.

But then again maybe not. I'd still shit my pants in that scenario impostor or not.

Own designs doesn't sound that bad at all. Their early concept with the young Jason wearing Pamela's sweater would actually be awesome.

But I want to have at least Part IV in there first.

5 minutes ago, Honkytonkgamer said:

Own designs doesn't sound that bad at all. Their early concept with the young Jason wearing Pamela's sweater would actually be awesome.

But I want to have at least Part IV in there first.

Death to Sweaterface!

Honkytonkgamer likes this

They need to just cut through all the nonsense and get the version people are truly clamouring for in there - Wes Geltner.

Risinggrave likes this

On 5/19/2017 at 10:15 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

After the remaining movie Jasons(Part IV, Roy Burns, Jason X, Uber Jason), they could add the Jason from Freddy vs Jason vs Ash comic where the lower half of his mask is blown off revealing his skeletal jawbone, and his left hand is cut off with his machete blade shoved in to make a machete-arm. Here are some pics:

024.jpg

fvjva2-2.jpg

%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%

I've brought this design up once or twice before in other topics, definitely a fan :P

freddy-vs-jason-vs-ash.jpg

On 5/19/2017 at 10:15 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

There's also the Jason from the Jason vs Leatherface comic. He sported a different look, he was more human looking and was sleeveless, but it depended on the artist drawing him. Most of the time he looked like a green-suited version of the JGTH version.

jason-vs-leatherface.jpg

Always thought this version looked like Rick in the later SplatterHouse games

Image result for rick taylor splatterhouse 3Image result for rick taylor

lHeartBreakerl likes this

4 hours ago, JasonVsWindows said:

I've brought this design up once or twice before in other topics, definitely a fan :P

freddy-vs-jason-vs-ash.jpg

Always thought this version looked like Rick in the later SplatterHouse games

Image result for rick taylor splatterhouse 3Image result for rick taylor

Wow, i completely forgot about the Freddy Vs Jason Vs Ash design. That would be awesome! What about just a good old Kane Hodder skin?