22 posts in this topic

A post by @LawDog had me thinking of a new mode:

Possession

• One player starts as Jason
  • No one can see who picked which counselor at the beginning of the match, or the Jason player is assigned only when the match begins
  • The Jason player has to kill or possess counselors
  • The body of the counselor possessed by Jason deteriorates as the match goes on, causing the need to possess a new counselor or be easily identifiable/grow weaker
  • XP bonuses for sabotage
  • Escape or maybe the Jason player can only be stopped with that stupid Voorhees dagger

Anyway, just an idea. Thoughts? Ideas?

I'm pretty sure this isn't an original idea but I wouldn't want to see possession inside of the regular game mode.

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Possession

• No one can see who picked which counselor at the beginning of the match, or the Jason player is assigned only when the match begins
  • The body of the counselor possessed by Jason deteriorates as the match goes on, causing the need to possess a new counselor or be easily identifiable/grow weaker
  • Escape or maybe the Jason player can only be stopped with that stupid Voorhees dagger

I'm pretty sure this isn't an original idea but I wouldn't want to see possession inside of the regular game mode.

Yeah it would have to be a separate game mode. Just a random idea i had. Although I think it would be cool to see Duke as an alternate Tommy.

I suggested something very similar but as an ability and it was generally disliked. There's a whole topic about how people didn't like it. 

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/3352-possession-this-may-be-a-stretch/#comment-34807

I like the idea of possession because it adds an extra element to game play and as a separate game mode maybe it would be more acceptable. So, on the whole I like this. 

While I'm at we should have a Planet Jason mode. Where he infects you and you become a Jason also. Make the lobby bigger say 12-16 players to make it last longer and add some sort of objective, like maybe just survive until times up. I know planet Jason was a joke I made a while ago, but it has a sort of logic to it. 

6 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

I suggested something very similar but as an ability and it was generally disliked. There's a whole topic about how people didn't like it. 

http://forum.f13game.com/index.php?/topic/3352-possession-this-may-be-a-stretch/#comment-34807

I like the idea of possession because it adds an extra element to game play and as a separate game mode maybe it would be more acceptable. So, on the whole I like this. 

While I'm at we should have a Planet Jason mode. Where he infects you and you become a Jason also. Make the lobby bigger say 12-16 players to make it last longer and add some sort of objective, like maybe just survive until times up. I know planet Jason was a joke I made a while ago, but it has a sort of logic to it. 

Wow, planet Jason. I can dig that. I think once the devs finish adding things that are based off the movies they should start coming up with new ideas like this. 

LittleBurrito likes this

Friday the 13th: Jason Goes to Hell was one of my least favorite Friday's (V and VIII are far more guilty, however.) Since possession was generally the focus of the film, that's mainly the reason why I disliked it so much.

So, needless to say, I'm gonna pass on the idea.

This topic discussed the possession ability for Part 9 Jason and Ben actually responded!

Seems like both this ability and slug Jason are a no :/

7 hours ago, Brigadius said:

I should mention I'm not really for or against the idea, just an idea. Kind of the evolution of some ideas thrown around on the forum for a while.

Brigadius likes this

Maybe as a separate mode or even a single player mechanic for a JGTH inspired section?

But, if it doesn't let you shave off moustaches, it'll be dead in the water.

DarkRicochet117 and Survival like this

I think alternative game modes would be a good thing. Variety is the spice of life after all. Keep the core game mode but have some other options to keep things fresh. Die hard fans might not like it but they aren't going to be forced to play. They can stick with core play if they want. But your casual fan/gamer would be more apt to get a game that has more to offer. And while this is a fan sponsored game, the game exists to sell itself and make a profit not have a small cult following. 

So, as long as the core game stays intact, I'm up for having other modes. 

20 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Not a big fan of this,it's too close to Jason goes to hell.

I never thought I'd live to see the day when someone would say don't add something, because it's too close to the movie.

Hal Bailman likes this

On 5/18/2017 at 10:15 AM, bewareofbears said:

Possession

That would be AWESOME!! Some "Jason Goes to Hell" realness!! :)

bewareofbears likes this

BUMP

Also, i'm getting tired out on one game mode. Shit i'll take a JgtH possession mode as long as it adds variety. Plus it does sound fun.

I am super for a possession game mode.

Get me, The Duke, up in that shit and we'll have a hell of a time body swapping and keeping our own asses from getting body swapped.

This was roughly the gameplay for the Commodore 64 Friday the 13th game, released 8 years before JGTH.

The player can roam around freely in the scenery, walk in and outside of buildings. Jason, as well as other characters, do the same. It is the player's task to make sure his friends do not get killed by Jason, who often appears disguised as one of them,[1] unless he is hit once and becomes visible as a man dressed in black.

On 5/18/2017 at 1:43 PM, Brigadius said:

It should only work if the player was killed by jason, then he can posses them.