Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zombie79

For Steam versions of F13th The Game - what are the best headsets and controllers?

9 posts in this topic

Hey there – I was wondering if you guys could help me – I need to know what the best headset and controllers are for playing this game on Steam on your PC. I've never used Steam before so any advice you can give me I would be grateful. Are there any links on Amazon or other sites that can direct me to what I need to order? I want the best tools to be able to play the game. I currently have very limited controllers that I doubt will work on the game. Any advice would be appreciated.

My go to PC controller is the Xbox 360/Slim wired. Plug in,Windows recognizes it,good to go. I got mine a few months ago on Amazon but the Official one is out of stock. You want the Official one and not the knockoffs. The knockoffs look like Microsoft's except for the center guide button. It's missing the "X". Hit up your local stores and see if they have any in stock,and keep checking amazon. No knockoffs

There is a good Groupon deal going on right now for the Official controller:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-microsoft-xbox-360-wired-controller-1?deal_option=bda35b30-ef1d-11e6-8afc-00259069d7cc&utm_source=Bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=US_DT_SEA_BNG_TIM_TTT_PADS_CBP_CHP_NBR_campaignid*54015144_adgroupid*5162035398_productpartitionid*1100315617245_productid*56076631&utm_OrderItemId=1100315617245&utm_TargetId=kwd-1100315617245&utm_Device=m&utm_MatchType=e&utm_Campaign=Campaign &fallback=true

Headsets are another story,and since I just bought my first one,I'm not sure how much help I can be. I read a lot of reviews and settled on the LOGITECH G430 from Amazon for 38.99. 

You can find a decent headset for pretty cheap just shop around and read reviews. As for a controller I also recommend a 360 controller either wired or wireless with the wireless receiver dongle. They both work well.

I have an Xbox One wired controller, some non-microsoft kind but it's good construction, but I think I'll be using mouse and keyboard for that pinpoint precision for aiming. I have the Audio-Technica Mx40 headset and the Antlion Modmic 5.

Speaking of Xbox One, does anyone know how to get Turtle Beach X-12s working with the audio chat there? Sound is fine, but can't chat.

May well be a compatibility thing...I just love this headset so much. Tried Xbox One specific X04s and they're really inferior in comparison.

On 5/18/2017 at 2:52 PM, DEATH said:

You can find a decent headset for pretty cheap just shop around and read reviews. As for a controller I also recommend a 360 controller either wired or wireless with the wireless receiver dongle. They both work well.

A quick note about the wireless dongle -- most of the dongles you see on Amazon/etc. are knockoff and my experience is that they don't work very well (random disconnects etc.). You really want to make sure you have the official Microsoft dongle, which is *only* sold in a pack with a wireless controller (marketed as specifically for Windows). To the best of my knowledge you cannot buy the Microsoft dongle separately.

(*Any* official XBox360 wireless controller will work with the dongle though, it doesn't have to be "For Windows", as long as you have the official "For Windows" dongle that is packaged with a controller.)

23 hours ago, JyusannichiKibou said:

A quick note about the wireless dongle -- most of the dongles you see on Amazon/etc. are knockoff and my experience is that they don't work very well (random disconnects etc.). You really want to make sure you have the official Microsoft dongle, which is *only* sold in a pack with a wireless controller (marketed as specifically for Windows). To the best of my knowledge you cannot buy the Microsoft dongle separately.

(*Any* official XBox360 wireless controller will work with the dongle though, it doesn't have to be "For Windows", as long as you have the official "For Windows" dongle that is packaged with a controller.)

I've had no issue with the 3rd party one I'm using at all and I've been using it for around 4 years or so now. There's just always a chance that any electronic won't work or break down too quick. I've had official controllers not work or break easily and have had to return them. It's just the risk of tech in general.

26-104-840-11.jpg

I have these personally, I brought these 2-3 days before the beta ended, It came in the mail when the beta ended.

I couldn't try them out on the game. They work well though, tried it on discord, second life, in personal videos with OBS.

The quality of voice is really good and handy. I brought mine around Christmas time for $30 something bucks, it's $44 now.

I say take it or leave it, these were the cheapest I could find. An they are gaming headset, so meant FOR gaming haha.

They may come in different colors, just look for this model or look through the headset line that the company has behind this headset.

Link to where you can buy them, where I also got them, newegg.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104840

Hopefully this helped you with your search and to anyone else as well, hehe. ;-)

Also make sure your computer has a headset and mic slot for the plugs that are with the headset.