Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
disco romance

Simple solution for additional counselors

35 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, disco romance said:

It makes sense because it offers more diversity and solves the issue of "I don't want to share the same counselor as someone else" dilemma some people have complained about.

Yeah but having two counselors with the exact same stats doesn't make any sense to me, however having a male and female of a similar trope (Eg Adam and AJ) Is something I'm completely fine with.

20 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

Mean/Bitchy girl (Stamina + Composure) and Stoner guy (Speed + Repair) would be good additions. 

She is fit, hence stamina, and dishes out a lot of shit, while being mostly unfazed by others returning the favor, hence composure. Doesn't know when to shut up and is used to having things done for her, so not a lot of stealth, strength or repair.

He would be fast and ultra focused on the task at hand, but hes easily spooked and clumsy, and the only heavy lifting hes done is lifting a joint to his lips. 

I gave her speed and stealth because she spied on Tina in daylight and wasn't caught(but almost) and speed just because I guess. I say low composure because she just froze when Jason appeared in the doorway gave her an axe to the face. It's in another thread but here's my idea:

Mean/Rich Girl:

Composure: 2

Luck: 6

Intelligence: 4

Speed: 7

Stamina: 3

Stealth: 7

Strength: 2

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I gave her speed and stealth because she spied on Tina in daylight and wasn't caught(but almost) and speed just because I guess. I say low composure because she just froze when Jason appeared in the doorway gave her an axe to the face. It's in another thread but here's my idea:

Mean/Rich Girl:

I think she's too much like Chad. I think her stamina and speed should be switched, and a slight tweak to other stats.

20 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Mean/Rich Girl:

Fair enough, though I wasn't thinking specifically of Melissa when I thought of the mean/bitchy girl. I know she is the go-to reference for that trope, but I was thinking more generically. 

Additionally, I sort of see Megan from VI as fitting into this trope. Not that her character was overly mean or bitchy, but confident and very alpha in nature. Talked down to her father the sheriff, wantonly freed a prisoner while holding another cop at gunpoint, had an edge and attitude, that I bet if we saw a few more days of regular life for her and the rest of the councilors she would have become sort of that bitchy type.

Based on her, she saw her friend's decapitated head roll out almost on top of her, and only screamed a bit, but sort of got back to business fairly quickly, and had decent stamina to not only run and swim, but to repeatedly dodge and avoid Jason's arms underwater, and once he grabbed her, compose herself well enough to defeat him. She was the one to land the 'killing' blow after all, and she fits more into bitchy girl trope rather than girl next door. 

@CreepingDeath I think Megan from Jason Lives is more similar to, say, Robin from Part VII. Megan was into the bad-boy type that Tommy appeared to be, and Robin was into the stoner guy. They both are risk-takers and like "risky" types of men. Hmm, new trope? Risky Girl?

17 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Ok list what you think it should be.

Your numbers didn't add up to 35, so you could have added more points to some areas. But here's my interpretation:

Composure: 5

Luck: 9

Intelligence: 1

Speed: 3

Stamina: 7

Stealth: 8

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@CreepingDeath I think Megan from Jason Lives is more similar to, say, Robin from Part VII. Megan was into the bad-boy type that Tommy appeared to be, and Robin was into the stoner guy. They both are risk-takers and like "risky" types of men. Hmm, new trope? Risky Girl?

I don't think "danger slut" is a trope we need. ;) 

Smartz1 likes this

37 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

OMG, that's fucking brilliant. I am so using that the next time I run across a situation that calls for it. Instant classic. But it is a very common trope indeed. 

6 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

6 hours ago, Smartz1 said:

OMG, that's fucking brilliant.

Highway to the danger slut
I'll take you
Ridin' into the danger slut

7 hours ago, disco romance said:

Your numbers didn't add up to 35, so you could have added more points to some areas. But here's my interpretation:

Composure: 5

Luck: 9

Intelligence: 1

Speed: 3

Stamina: 7

Stealth: 8

I didn't realize they needed to add up to 35. Good point. Your version is good too.