Brigadius

No Maps, Minimal Gameplay what's the advertising strategy here

60 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, JPops said:

Fact remains that it was resolved. No need to bring the topic up to begin with let alone after it is done. Doing so only fans the flames and that will quickly earn you warning points. 

What would we do without you Jpops?? Probably have lots of needless arguing. I know we rag on you sometimes but I'm glad you shut down people who flame just to flame. Props to you.

Also I gotta agree with this whole thread. I can rope many people in with the mere idea of a "Friday the 13th" game but I'd really like to have more materials to use to hype some of my friends up. I know my uncle might love this and I can play against him. Get him back for all the years of teasing I had to endure from him. :D

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I just checked. Its number 6 in most anticipated overall. On both consoles it doesn't break top 10. On PC it's number 2. Only beaten by "Hello Neighbor" but i have no idea how.

Gamespots upcoming chart has been pissing me off though. They have DLC for breath of the wild, Injustice 2, elder scrolls online and res 7 on their most anticipated (top10) list. Thats four spots you could put, y'know, actual games in.

Gamestop had it as the most anticipated of this month, Gamespot used to have it as the second most of this year. But things obviously change quickly in the news cycle from your research, which is why I was wondering about a final marketing push. 

The news cycle for horror sites next week will be analyzing the merits and failures of Alien: Covenant and possibly a "Danny McBride said something else about Halloween" story with F13th being drowned out in the traffic of the countless arguments over those. As for gaming sites, they will still be running Injustice 2, as well as Overwatch's one year anniversary, and what's coming up next month unless something is released about this game that can drive the clicks.

1 person likes this

IM DOING MY PART MARKETING TO THE CASUAL:

qthzyLL.jpg

Things do seem awfully quiet- even the Twitter account is pretty quiet. I know they're relying on us to an extent but they should at least be reposting old videos as we get closer.

They should consider a countdown. ;)

15 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Things do seem awfully quiet- even the Twitter account is pretty quiet. I know they're relying on us to an extent but they should at least be reposting old videos as we get closer.

They should consider a countdown. ;)

Honestly i'd atleast like one more gameplay reveal.

One full match as the game currently is, with wes going through the changes from each side. You can avoid "spoilers" by just having the players notified that they can't do this and that if that is a factor, or just show something but not explain it. That goes a long way

6 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

qthzyLL.jpg

Why are you screaming at us? :( Did you say his name? Did you? That name is taboo, if you say it he can find us. 

Also, i think you forgot to white out your name there. 

12 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

qthzyLL.jpg

6 hours ago, Brigadius said:

Why are you screaming at us? :( Did you say his name? Did you? That name is taboo, if you say it he can find us. 

Also, i think you forgot to white out your name there. 

Little bit of an oopsy. But I wouldn't worry about it. Surprisingly for a community built around a deformed serial killer wearing a hockey mask killing teenagers, we're all pretty chill and not stalkerish.

At least in my experience.

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Little bit of an oopsy. But I wouldn't worry about it. Surprisingly for a community built around a deformed serial killer wearing a hockey mask killing teenagers, we're all pretty chill and not stalkerish.

At least in my experience.

Lol didn't even realize. Good thing I borrowed it from a certain Bill Murray flick ;)

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Lol didn't even realize. Good thing I borrowed it from a certain Bill Murray flick ;)

tumblr_mzvlxo15jh1qc5a1qo1_400.gif

1 person likes this