Brigadius

No Maps, Minimal Gameplay what's the advertising strategy here

60 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Ditto. I've had my fill.

A lot of your posts imply folks aren't capable of understanding some simple basics that you believe anyone should understand. Instead of using phrases like "some of you"- try addressing the specific poster or posters you're replying to instead of laying out a condescending blanket statement.

Okay.. since you are being very nitpicky-press-specific in order to try and turn my words around to involve anyone who reads this.  I have changed it to "YOU" so you can better understand the passive-directness that comment was initially making and less toward others. ;) I hope that makes more sense.

ResolutionBlaze and Alkavian like this

I know I'm not speaking for everyone, but to me, the release date trailer showed everything a « noob » would have to be shown to understand what the game is about. If that trailer got people interested, most of the information is easily available with a quick google search.

Other than that, I think the mystery surrounding many aspects is in itself helping keeping the buzz around the game going. On social media, I see a lot of people wondering what Crystal Lake and Packanack are going to look like, how to kill Jason, how the boat will work. Sure they could create more buzz now by showing additional images, but i don't know if that would get people talking more.

I, for one, am satisfied with what I've seen, and I am beyond excited to discover the stuff we haven't been shown by myself (although knowing me I'll probably spoil myself and watch the streams, although I'm trying to be strong)

1 minute ago, Laphin said:

Okay.. since you are being very nitpicky-press-specific in order to try and turn my words around to involve anyone who reads this.  I have changed it to "YOU" so you can better understand the passive-directness that comment was initially making to YOU and less toward others. ;) I hope that makes more sense.

You seem to have pretty thin skin- I wasn't looking to pick a fight or conspiring to do anything, I was giving you a suggestion or "constructive criticism". You come across as condescending at times with statements like that and I don't think it's always your intention. Maybe it is? I don't know, I'm not interested in arguing here. :P

Kodiak likes this

Just now, bewareofbears said:

You seem to have pretty thin skin- I wasn't looking to pick a fight or conspiring to do anything, I was giving you a suggestion or "constructive criticism". You come across as condescending at times with statements like that and I don't think it's always your intention. Maybe it is? I don't know, I'm not interested in arguing here. :P

If he had addressed you directly you probably would have accused him of being needlessly confrontational xd

Austin.JM likes this

Just now, SexDrugs&Tea said:

If he had addressed you directly you probably would have accused him of being needlessly confrontational xd

When have I ever done that? ;) 

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm not interested in arguing either.  I mean if you were half joking, that's cool.  I'm typically really cool with people.  I just thought it was weird that you could pull three words from my comment and turn it around to make me look condescending when that was not my purpose at all.  I don't have thin skin, but I also don't let folks change my meaning by turning words around.  People read, digest, and interpret words differently than someone else on the internet.  I stated a point of experience.  But yeah, not looking to argue over it for sure. 

RKSDooM likes this

I'm actually happy to wait on seeing the other maps. Something to discover when the game comes out. 

Hell, half the fun of the beta was learning the map. There is nothing like those first few games where you have no idea what you're doing and legit FEEL like you're in a horror movie and screwed lol.

I mean, even after you learn the map there's still that feel, but I have to say it is somewhat intensified when you legit don't know where you should be going. Even with having the map in beta, if cops were called, first game or so I didn't know exactly where to go for that. And unless you had a walkie, no sure way of knowing which car is being fixed etc. (Also why I am very pro-no map to start) 

It would be nice to have any info regarding the console launch, I cant even figure where or how to buy it on the 26th. 

27 minutes ago, Fresh Jes said:

It would be nice to have any info regarding the console launch, I cant even figure where or how to buy it on the 26th. 

Just pay attention to the store on your console.  Buy it and DL it.  

7 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Ditto. I've had my fill.

A lot of your posts imply folks aren't capable of understanding some simple basics that you believe anyone should understand. Instead of using phrases like "some of you"- try addressing the specific poster or posters you're replying to instead of laying out a condescending blanket statement.

Agreed. I'm well aware this is largely a community advertising campaign(word of mouth). My question was really referring to why they've given us so little to tell people. I can show stat screens, and some stills of Higgins and one of packanack, and some older videos, but no really polished materials are out here for us to share. I can show some beta but that's buggy and not really the best for advertising. It's entertaining though. One good short video like my example above is all that would be really needed. Doesn't show much but it grabs your attention and gives you a real glimpse at polished gameplay.

I was thinking yesterday that we should be seeing a final marketing push right now and they may be waiting a bit too late for one. The major gaming and horror sites have covered every tiny aspect of this game, but the last news story this game pulls up on Google was the release announcement. Not talking about commercials or annoying ads, just something. 

I know the streamer thing is coming up, but I am a bit concerned if that will be enough since we still have people that don't even know how to buy the game. The game is going to do extremely well regardless. My concern lies with it going that extra mile with a bit more press since news cycles so fast that an almost month old release date announcement would be forgotten after the countless Ridley Scott "I'm making Alien sequels until I am 100!" stories every day or other triple AAA titles. We just had Injustice 2, which will be fueling news; and the week of release will see the one year anniversary event of the juggernaut that is Overwatch right before a holiday weekend in the States. 

Interested in seeing what moves they will make in the next week, that is for sure. 

11 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

"I'm not looking to pick a fight"

Literally one sentence earlier:

"You must have thin skin."

20 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

"I'm not looking to pick a fight"

Literally one sentence earlier:

"You must have thin skin."

Blaise, the disagreement was settled. Do not try to start it back up. Consider this a warning.

karmakaze and thatdudescott like this

40 minutes ago, JPops said:

Blaise, the disagreement was settled. Do not try to start it back up. Consider this a warning.

I'm pointing out that if someone isn't trying to start a fight they probably shouldn't be making jabs.  It has nothing to do with the disagreement.

5 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

eBjK9CAnmuGbu.gif

I'm going to regret doing this but know that I do it to provide levity and defuse the situation. Use this instead. :D

21 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

I'm pointing out that if someone isn't trying to start a fight they probably shouldn't be making jabs.  It has nothing to do with the disagreement.

Fact remains that it was resolved. No need to bring the topic up to begin with let alone after it is done. Doing so only fans the flames and that will quickly earn you warning points. 

14 hours ago, DarkNight12432 said:

Ok so gun media is a small team they can't spend money on promotion for the game if you want the quality to be good

They don't need to.  It's all over the place as well as Kickstarter Backers spreading the word from the start. At least that is what I did. As the popularity grew it started to explode and when the game is actually released it will blow up even more.

1 hour ago, TWarner said:

They don't need to.  It's all over the place as well as Kickstarter Backers spreading the word from the start. At least that is what I did. As the popularity grew it started to explode and when the game is actually released it will blow up even more.

Well unless they release sales numbers, we can really say how well the advertising is going. I would say console says is negligible since there's no pre-order so that leaves PC sales. Does steam have sales figures? 

22 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Well unless they release sales numbers, we can really say how well the advertising is going. I would say console says is negligible since there's no pre-order so that leaves PC sales. Does steam have sales figures? 

Possibly but PSN and Xbox  should have those stats after it has been released for a while even though you can't pre-order. I'm really curious about the percentages between PC and Console as far as what platform most are getting. I know it is number one on Gamestop's most anticipated games of 2017.

8 hours ago, TWarner said:

I know it is number one on Gamestop's most anticipated games of 2017.

Well that's probably going to be some of their best advertising right there. At least in the US. 

31 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Well that's probably going to be some of their best advertising right there. At least in the US. 

I just checked. Its number 6 in most anticipated overall. On both consoles it doesn't break top 10. On PC it's number 2. Only beaten by "Hello Neighbor" but i have no idea how.

Gamespots upcoming chart has been pissing me off though. They have DLC for breath of the wild, Injustice 2, elder scrolls online and res 7 on their most anticipated (top10) list. Thats four spots you could put, y'know, actual games in.