Zombie79

Are your spouses/partners etc fans? How will u play with them?

24 posts in this topic

Just a couple of questions: 

Are any of your partners/spouses/roommates interested in playing the game with you at home? Are they fans like you are? 

If so, how would you go about playing with or against them... Just get separate Steam accounts with separate purchases of the game? I am not used to Xbox or multiplayer and I was just thinking about how it will be impossible for us to play against each other on the same system (yeah, I'm dumb that this just hit me). I cant even use my steam on my computer to play against a spouse or friend/houseguest on my Xbox version.

Come on - we would all love an opportunity to axe one of our loved ones! Has anyone thought of any work arounds for this issue?

Does Steam allow you to have multiple players on your account so you don't have to buy the game several times? 

For now I'm just going to have to settle making a bunch of new friends online and playing with them I guess…  😃

RandallFlagg likes this

Well, I can't stop talking to people about F13 so I got my brother in on it. He'd never been a massive F13 film fan, although he did like Jason in FvJ.

So after a while of talking to him about it, I showed him the beta. He had a go and liked it - didn't get to experience a full game because of the server issues, but still. Carried on talking about it until he decided to watch the original F13 films. Think he watched all the way up to part 7, hasn't seen the rest yet.

Now he's as hyped as I am. We both got Savini Jasons and both gonna be playing on Xbox One :) He has his own house, internet and console so no need to share. Not gonna be using party chat though, we're gonna play the game normally. Not gonna have any of this 'I'll kill you last' shit the streamers pulled off, and none of that ridiculous 'tell me where your friends are and I'll let you live' crap I saw too. 

Zombie79 and Risinggrave like this

My Girlfriend is a fan. But not as much as me.

I bought the game as well as savini jason and clothing pack.

We plan to take turns for the first few weeks, and because I ordered the physical copy we will get two versions of the game.

We also have two ps4s, so we plan to play against each other when the physical copy arrives.

Zombie79 likes this

7 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

We plan to take turns for the first few weeks, and because I ordered the physical copy we will get two versions of the game.

We also have two ps4s, so we plan to play against each other when the physical copy arrives.

Same 

dandop1984 likes this

30 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

You should be able to both play the game with one digital copy if the account that owns the game is on both Playstations.

Zombie79 likes this

Just now, bewareofbears said:

You should be able to both play the game with one digital copy if the account that owns the game is on both Playstations.

Are you sure. Because in the past we couldn't both be logged into the same account at the same time on our two ps4s?

6 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Are you sure. Because in the past we couldn't both be logged into the same account at the same time on our two ps4s?

Definitely sure. Two PS4's here.

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Game-Share_with_Family_and_Friends

The process is a little backwards but it works fine.

dandop1984 likes this

Just now, dandop1984 said:

Thanks I'll give that a try.

So we can both play at the same time, in the same lobby?

Yep.

Basically, you make their Playstation your primary PS4 and they make yours your primary PS4. Then you can share games between the two individual accounts.

There's a couple of small drawbacks- sometimes when you start your PS4 it will give you a message that you can't use the content. Once it connects to the internet that message disappears.

dandop1984 likes this

My girls a fan as well. Shes excited for the release just as much as I am. We've been rewatching some of the movies together and hopping on the hype train.

We can always play the game by taking turns, but theres another xbox in the house she can use so we can be in the same game together.

Just between me and you guys... and this is gonna sound bad...

I've never been so excited to murder my girlfriend. Just don't tell her i said that xD

dandop1984 and Zombie79 like this

52 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

20 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Yep.

Basically, you make their Playstation your primary PS4 and they make yours your primary PS4. Then you can share games between the two individual accounts.

There's a couple of small drawbacks- sometimes when you start your PS4 it will give you a message that you can't use the content. Once it connects to the internet that message disappears.

You can yeah. Me and my brother have an Xbox One and PS4 each. What ever game I download on either console he also gets and what ever game he downloads I also get. We both have separate accounts. I've bought this so when I download it on my Xbox he will also get it. Just YouTube game sharing on Xbox One or PS4 and it shows you how :) 

Zombie79 likes this

My wife is more a Michael Myers fan than Jason, I think they are both Legendary. Jason being first Michael close runner up. As for playing f13 , others will play as in my brothers but I am sure my wife won't enjoy me hunting her down in f13 .

11 minutes ago, BertieB3 said:

You can yeah. Me and my brother have an Xbox One and PS4 each. What ever game I download on either console he also gets and what ever game he downloads I also get. We both have separate accounts. I've bought this so when I download it on my Xbox he will also get it. Just YouTube game sharing on Xbox One or PS4 and it shows you how :) 

Yep  i've done the same with another xbox in my house.

The wife is a fan of F13th like me, but i highly doubt she'll play the game.  Just doesnt like to take the time to learn how to play games.   Probably won't use a mic as much when she's home.  I'd wake her up, or she might not be able to hear the tv she's watching.  

Zombie79 likes this

I'm the gamer with the PC and PS4.  They have a Mac.  The game was given to me as an early Xmas present so I could play the beta.  I ended up getting the game and the extras on the PS4 just in case(worried about hackers on the pc). They do have a steam account but it's on their Mac.  Actually, is this coming out on Mac?  I guess that would be the only way we could play together since there is no pc PS4 cross platform. 

My wife is a Jason fan. She said she'll probably play even though she isn't much for video games usually. I think that says quite a bit about how Gun is doing regarding this game. Even the non-gamer wife wants to play.:D

Zombie79 likes this

We have our own steam account and built our own computers. Doesn't steam have game sharing or something? I don't think this game is local co op though.

Zombie79 likes this

Wife is not a fan of the movies or video games period. To you lucky few, happy hunting. I will have to continue getting out relationship aggression other ways!

Zombie79 likes this

I may as well ask this here since I couldn't find a thread.  We have PC, PS4 and a Mac.(got the game for ps4&pc)The only way I guess we could play together is if they got the game for Mac and we would play through Steam, does anyone know about a Mac release?  Can't seem to find anything except for the devs saying it's possible but not 100%.

18 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

My girls a fan as well. Shes excited for the release just as much as I am. We've been rewatching some of the movies together and hopping on the hype train.

We can always play the game by taking turns, but theres another xbox in the house she can use so we can be in the same game together.

Just between me and you guys... and this is gonna sound bad...

I've never been so excited to murder my girlfriend. Just don't tell her i said that xD

Hahahahaha I totally know the feeling! LOLI totally know the feeling! LOL

lHeartBreakerl likes this

Well, I guess that basically answered my question. If we are going to play with each other we have to do it on steam with separate computers – hopefully we can work out the whole game share thing... and then take turns on the Xbox... unless I get a separate Xbox for us to play on!  Thanks for all of your advice! 😀

17 hours ago, Gdain said:

I may as well ask this here since I couldn't find a thread.  We have PC, PS4 and a Mac.(got the game for ps4&pc)The only way I guess we could play together is if they got the game for Mac and we would play through Steam, does anyone know about a Mac release?  Can't seem to find anything except for the devs saying it's possible but not 100%.

Mac is something they're considering but not confirmed. If it does happen, it'll be quite some time in the future.

Gdain likes this

I share an Xbox account with my 10 year old nephew and we live across from each other. I don't know who's more excited for F13 because everyday after school he passes my house and shouts how many days are left until the release. So yeah I'm gonna kill him every chance I get, in the game of course.