Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anthonymorales

F13 the series

15 posts in this topic

Not part of the movie franchise  but still a great show and John d lemay who was in jgth was in it what do you think?

I remember watching the series on the Sci-Fi Channel back in the mid to late 90's. It was a pretty cool show dealing with the supernatural. There was an idea of Jason's mask being the last item to sell, but it was canned to make the series it's own name.

anthonymorales likes this

1 hour ago, Beetlejuice91 said:

I remember watching the series on the Sci-Fi Channel back in the mid to late 90's. It was a pretty cool show dealing with the supernatural. There was an idea of Jason's mask being the last item to sell, but it was canned to make the series it's own name.

Yes  great show indeed

I shunned it because:

1. No Jason.

2. No Jason.

3. I was young.

4. No Jason.

I gotta give it a watch. But I'll never forget the disappointment I felt on premiere night when I realized this was a Friday The 13th show without Jason.

Love the series. There are some extremely dumb and bad episodes (the mormon episodes come to mind), but the characters are always likable and charming and when the show is good, it is good (The Scarecrow!).

I strongly recommend this book for all fans of the show.

On 5/15/2017 at 2:38 PM, anthonymorales said:

Not part of the movie franchise  but still a great show and John d lemay who was in jgth was in it what do you think?

I enjoyed it. It was like a much darker version of Warehouse 13 for those that need a reference. It was a good show in my opinion though I'm not sure why they gave it that name. It was part of my old dark series favorites that included stuff like that, The Burning Zone, and Tales from the Crypt.

5 hours ago, ShankerOne said:

I enjoyed it. It was like a much darker version of Warehouse 13 for those that need a reference. It was a good show in my opinion though I'm not sure why they gave it that name. It was part of my old dark series favorites that included stuff like that, The Burning Zone, and Tales from the Crypt.

Great shows as well  I think  they gave it the name so people would watch I don't  know but It could  be 

3 hours ago, anthonymorales said:

Great shows as well  I think  they gave it the name so people would watch I don't  know but It could  be 

Yeah that was actually the reason. I was just meaning that it was a show well enough made to stand on its own merit.

I loved the show, and thought it was very clever and well acted. I remember at the time thinking "What the eff does this have to do with Jason" but I became quickly obsessed with it. It got ridiculous after John De LeMay left (why did he? such a dumb move...) but there were so many classic episodes. For some reason, the really campy one with Vanity comes to mind. And the one with the cursed camera/projector.. I actually love the Mormon episode, for the record, lol...

I remember that whole thing where Jason's mask was to be the last item to sell... I'm sad they didn't have a chance to do it. They should have just made that the pilot (though I did dig the doll episode with little Sarah Polley (Dawn of the Dead remake) in it. I really need to get the show on DVD now that it's been out officially for a while.

Side note - why the hell was "Freddy's Nightmares" never released on DVD?? My bootleg of it is all I've got, and it's crap quality...not that the show even came close to the quality of F13 The Series.

anthonymorales likes this

7 hours ago, Zombie79 said:

I loved the show, and thought it was very clever and well acted. I remember at the time thinking "What the eff does this have to do with Jason" but I became quickly obsessed with it. It got ridiculous after John De LeMay left (why did he? such a dumb move...) but there were so many classic episodes. For some reason, the really campy one with Vanity comes to mind. And the one with the cursed camera/projector.. I actually love the Mormon episode, for the record, lol...

I remember that whole thing where Jason's mask was to be the last item to sell... I'm sad they didn't have a chance to do it. They should have just made that the pilot (though I did dig the doll episode with little Sarah Polley (Dawn of the Dead remake) in it. I really need to get the show on DVD now that it's been out officially for a while.

Side note - why the hell was "Freddy's Nightmares" never released on DVD?? My bootleg of it is all I've got, and it's crap quality...not that the show even came close to the quality of F13 The Series.

I have season 1 on DVD. John d least said at chiller  con that he wanted to try something else and as far as Freddy nightmares  I don't  know if we will ever get that just have to deal with the bootlegs 

3 hours ago, ShankerOne said:

In many ways Warehouse 13 was exactly the same general premise but less dark. So give that a watch if you haven't.

I have not seen it but I will take a look 

10 minutes ago, anthonymorales said:

I have not seen it but I will take a look 

They're both good shows. I recommend giving them both a watch if you haven't. The general premise for the two are like this:

Friday the 13th The Series: Two cousins inherit an antique shop. One wants to fix it up, the other just wants to sell the stuff. They do the latter and find out the stuff they sold were all cursed objects with strange powers that result in much death. So they have to set out to reclaim them. Also, one of the stars of the show was one of the two main protagonists in Friday the 13th: Jason Goes to Hell.

Warehouse 13: A secret government agency guards and maintains a secret warehouse full of artifacts imbued with strange powers. The agents of the warehouse known as Warehouse 13 work in secret to acquire other objects scattered around the world. Objects in the show gained their powers from rare events often times. These include things like Edgar Allan Poe's pen, Ivan Pavlov's Bell, and a pair of goggles used during the testing of the first A-Bomb. Some of the objects are useful and fairly harmless, but others are deadly and dark. 

The two shows are very similar in theme but different in tone. F13 is dark and serious with a lot of death. Warehouse 13 has some of that but it's tone is lighter with some comedy and less dark. Both a good watch though.

8 hours ago, ShankerOne said:

They're both good shows. I recommend giving them both a watch if you haven't. The general premise for the two are like this:

Friday the 13th The Series: Two cousins inherit an antique shop. One wants to fix it up, the other just wants to sell the stuff. They do the latter and find out the stuff they sold were all cursed objects with strange powers that result in much death. So they have to set out to reclaim them. Also, one of the stars of the show was one of the two main protagonists in Friday the 13th: Jason Goes to Hell.

Warehouse 13: A secret government agency guards and maintains a secret warehouse full of artifacts imbued with strange powers. The agents of the warehouse known as Warehouse 13 work in secret to acquire other objects scattered around the world. Objects in the show gained their powers from rare events often times. These include things like Edgar Allan Poe's pen, Ivan Pavlov's Bell, and a pair of goggles used during the testing of the first A-Bomb. Some of the objects are useful and fairly harmless, but others are deadly and dark. 

The two shows are very similar in theme but different in tone. F13 is dark and serious with a lot of death. Warehouse 13 has some of that but it's tone is lighter with some comedy and less dark. Both a good watch though.

I will keep you posted