Joey2Drinks

Looking for recommendations on PS4 headset.

22 posts in this topic

Hey all I was wandering if anyone had a recommendation for a PS4 headset?

I would like to stay in the $60-$120 range if possible. I do not have a preference on wired vs wireless. I am currently looking at Afterglow 9+ or Hyper X. I have read people praising Astro 40 as well but the $199 price tag has me on the fence. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I just got a PS4 headset 3 weeks ago. I also looked hard at the Afterglow and Hyper X. However, I ended up buying the Onikuma K1 high performance pro headset. I love it, very comfortable fit / adjustable / clear & crisp sound. It is highly rated like the Astro 40.

It retails at $39.99, Amazon has it for $25.99

Fresh Jes, RocknRon13 and karmakaze like this

I have Turtle Beach headphones....they are not cheap but the quality is amazing. If you like music - the sound really is incredible. Like I said, expensive - but if you have the budget....they really are an amazing. 

I got the ps4 Gold headset.

I paid just under $120 Canadian, and they sound great, and the microphone is good. 

What I like about them is the microphone is hidden.

The build is also nice, but maybe not the most durable, so time will tell.

Thank you for the reply. What were the turtle Beach model number. I heard TB tend to fail after a short period. I'll look into the Onikuma brand as well. 

AldermachXI likes this

48 minutes ago, Joey2Drinks said:

Thank you for the reply. What were the turtle Beach model number. I heard TB tend to fail after a short period. I'll look into the Onikuma brand as well. 

Amazon is the best I have found for headsets. They are much cheaper, the headsets are more durable and generally nicer than mainstream brands for a fourth of the price. I got mine for $30 as a joke purchase off the recommendation of a grandpa in a Hawaiian shirt. I have no idea what they are called, but they are far superior to when I had the Sony Golds and only pick up your voice(like the Gold and other similar headsets). They are all relatively similar. Read the description and reviews and you should find the perfect pair to meet your needs for your budget. 

I just bought the turtle beach P12s (older, but awesome) for 25 on amazon.  So far....I'm very impressed. 

8 hours ago, Joey2Drinks said:

Hey all I was wandering if anyone had a recommendation for a PS4 headset?

I would like to stay in the $60-$120 range if possible. I do not have a preference on wired vs wireless. I am currently looking at Afterglow 9+ or Hyper X. I have read people praising Astro 40 as well but the $199 price tag has me on the fence. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

In your price range you'll easily be able to find a decent pair. Try Best Buy, they usually have an area where you can test listen to headsets.

17 hours ago, The Razor's Edge said:

I just got a PS4 headset 3 weeks ago. I also looked hard at the Afterglow and Hyper X. However, I ended up buying the Onikuma K1 high performance pro headset. I love it, very comfortable fit / adjustable / clear & crisp sound. It is highly rated like the Astro 40.

Hey thank you for posting about yours!! I have Amazon Prime and I've been wanting to buy a headset for awhile now and you've saved me some money and some time. Gonna order it later this week!

The Razor's Edge likes this

16 hours ago, Joey2Drinks said:

Accurate.

Unless you buy the top 2 tier TB headsets, they're cheap and flimsy. And those models are more expensive and end up costing close to $200. For that kind of money, there are much better choices than TB.

3 hours ago, karmakaze said:

Hey thank you for posting about yours!! I have Amazon Prime and I've been wanting to buy a headset for awhile now and you've saved me some money and some time. Gonna order it later this week!

You're welcome, glad I could help out! B)

karmakaze likes this

I just picked up a headset from GameStop today. It's the Kingston Technology HyperX Cloud Stinger. 

The hype is real!

As far as I'm concerned, nothing can ruin a game more than hearing idiots being idiots while playing a game. Hence the reason I sold my turtle beach headphones that came with my xbox without even trying them. I've seen people playing the beta online screaming and shouting at each other and it ruins the atmosphere of the game.

I have the "hyperX cloud" together with an 5.1 amplifier and I can't be happier.

It has great sound and a detachable microphone for when you need it.

Highly recommend that one!

On 5/15/2017 at 2:25 PM, The Razor's Edge said:

Thanks. I went and checked it out. Had a flash sale for $19.54. Still 14 minutes left on the deal. I figured I'd try them for less than 20 bucks.

The Razor's Edge likes this

I use Skullcandy but I also use them with with Nvidia shield when streaming movies. And listen to music from phone. There good for using with different things. And I think the sound is good and ain't had no complain about mic quality.

I got a cheap pair of headsets, i can't afford to drop 50+ on a pair of good headphones.

I use skull candy earbuds, granted I use them on xbone but they cost like 18 bucks and they work really well. But if you have 120 dollars to spend on ear phones with a mic built in go for it. 

I use the PS4 gold headphones on my PC. $72 bux this week on Amazon because of E3

Been using a pair of turtle beach's that I got for $50

Figured they would be cheap as fuck but one year later still going strong

For $50 the sound is amazing and my chat is clear. Durability good as well. Thrown them around and have yet to break

I have SADES and love them, they were like 40$ I think