DeadlyD

Same counselors op?

12 posts in this topic

Idk if this has been posted yet but, does anyone else think that multiple of the same counselor could be op? I mean, idk how exactly everything works but im assuming a full game of Vanessa's would troll Jason an turn into a walking simulator for Jason, or if its the stealth chick (forgot her name) it could be an entire game of "which way did he go george? which way did he go" am I alone in the worry?

I think it's a lot of fun to have the option to go, say, with an all-Chad or all-Jenny team or something. I really want to do some of those.
But such teams are gonna have their weaknesses turned up to eleven, so to speak.

All-Vanessa is gonna run for days, but also take a long long time fixing anything (as well as being more likely to alert Jason by failing) since she's so bad at repairs.

All-A.J., the option with the best stealth as well as good repairing skills (which is lacking from an all-Tiffany team) could be trickier. Major issue for that team is that they're going to have a very hard time when they do get spotted, as A.J. isn't very good at fighting, nor at getting in lucky stuns, nor at getting into prolonged chases. And at some point, even if they're ghosts, Jason's knows they're gonna have to make a move on a vehicle.

Keeping on top of any inbalances and making any adjustments will be something the team has to do. Encouragingly, they did that pretty quick with the Beta.

23 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I think it's a lot of fun to have the option to go, say, with an all-Chad or all-Jenny team or something. I really want to do some of those.
But such teams are gonna have their weaknesses turned up to eleven, so to speak.

All-Vanessa is gonna run for days, but also take a long long time fixing anything (as well as being more likely to alert Jason by failing) since she's so bad at repairs.

All-A.J., the option with the best stealth as well as good repairing skills (which is lacking from an all-Tiffany team) could be trickier. Major issue for that team is that they're going to have a very hard time when they do get spotted, as A.J. isn't very good at fighting, nor at getting in lucky stuns, nor at getting into prolonged chases. And at some point, even if they're ghosts, Jason's knows they're gonna have to make a move on a vehicle.

Keeping on top of any inbalances and making any adjustments will be something the team has to do. Encouragingly, they did that pretty quick with the Beta.

Tiffany can run but A.J can't when spotted by Jason she's gonna have a hard time escaping 

I think this depends on the Jason. If you utilize all of his abilities well he is quite a force to be reckoned with. Best Jason I think I've seen is actually Wes he uses him flawlessly and the counselors do not stand a chance. Now, there is a learning curve with all things people at the beginning will make mistakes and sure you may only kill a few but as time progresses you will see that will not make a difference. Also without a map well don't run into a dead end is all I am saying. 

On 5/13/2017 at 8:04 AM, bewareofbears said:

I think it's a wait-and-see thing right now- no sure way to tell at the moment.

Yeah we really have no idea how things are going to play out and feel until we see for ourselves.  

If an all AJ team all decided to stealth the entire match and hide etc. and just try to wait out the timer, I'm curious how that would work out and how difficult it would be for Jason to actually find and kill them if they were 100% focused on simply hiding from him the entire match until time ran out. Especially if they have even further perks that give them ability to hide from his Sense ability.

SexDrugs&Tea likes this

I'm pretty sure that a match consisting of septuplets would still be manageable for a skilled Jason player. It all comes down to every player's play-style and how good they are at surviving, or how good they are at taking advantage of their Jason's abilities.

The thought of seven Vanessa characters running across the map non-stop makes me laugh, though. Jason's Sense ability would probably be picking up their movements every time he uses the ability.

I think an all Jenny/Chad would be weak because they arent sneaky enough to stay undetected the whole game and they cant run away as effectively as others, and they cant repair.

An all Tiffany/Brandon/Vanessa team would give you a run for your money but they would suck at objectives and they would light up ur map with noise (except Tiffany but she has sucky composure).

An all Deborah/A.J./Eric team could be pretty strong cause everyone would be completing objectives accross the map, and they can escape Jason with stealth, but if they're found out, they're dead.

A team of Kenny would obviously work because he's well rounded, but it wouldn't be op.

I'm still flimsy on how Adam should be played so I have no idea if a team of Adam would be weak or strong.

Adam's a bit of a hybrid, yeah, so far he's been the one I've found hardest to pin down.

He's decent at repairing things, but if there's a Deborah, Eric or A.J. around then it still might be better leaving it to them. His attack damage is actually second only to Buggzy, but his stamina is pretty mediocre so you need to keep an eye on that and not just go wailing away. And that stamina means that he's not going to want to get into long chases. Lastly he's not very stealthy or quiet, and yet he has the composure that means he'll be pretty good at hiding without making noise.

Maybe he'll be a good back-up repairman and support bodyguard for the more fragile types, so long as they're not trying to be stealthy in which case he'll need to keep a little distance. Although a handy Perk or two to boost his Stealth could be a big benefit.

A whole team of Adams...well, I could image they'd be pretty good. Got the power to do damage, skills enough to fix things and as a group they'd be able to help each other out in a fight. Not the quietest bunch, but still good.

dandop1984 likes this

I don't know. During the beta I felt like teams of one counselor were actually gimping themselves. The all Vanessa teams were easy because they couldn't repair anything. All you had to do was keep your attention on the cars because she had a snowball's chance in hell of fixing the phone without missing a skill check. An all AJ team made you work a little, but still wasn't too hard because once you were on them they were dead, unless they just happened to give you the slip. So again my experience was that a team that wasn't well rounded were virtual sitting ducks. I don't think it really matters much overall though since Jason is Jason and a good Jason will wipe most groups regardless.

DamonD7 likes this