Jason Lives

Exclusives / Standard Content

24 posts in this topic

I've been looking forward to this so long I never knew when it was going to come out. Last time I had checked they had pushed back the release and were still selling things on the main site.

I know noticed that a date has been made and the site no longer sells pre-orders or any of the other exclusives on the main site. I really don't want to feel like I missed something important.

Can anyone help me out with what exactly was exclusives to the Kickstarter, backer and pre-orders? What is no longer available to purchase now or after launch?

And if it's not too much trouble what will be available at launch and what might be available as future DLC?

I want an idea what I will and won't have access to. I feel like not getting a CD or steel case for the game is fine, but it would be terrible to loose out on skins, packs and other in-game treats.

Zombie79 likes this

BackerKit was the hunk of preorder exclusives.  If you didn't buy there, tough luck.

The exclusives were Tom Savini Jason and three exclusive clothing skins for each counselor.  There were also others but refer to someone else for details.

You may find a seller for the Savini Jason and Clothing Pack but will no doubt be more expensive.

Zombie79 and Jason Lives like this

Are things like the soundtrack and art book exclusive as well, or will they be available again at some point down the road I wonder.

Jason Lives likes this

Yeah, the Savini designed Jason character (the one who looks like he's back from Hell) is the main exclusive DLC that people like you and me missed out on. It's super awesome - I'm so bummed! But I know I'm going to be crazy happy with the game, and I guess I've learned a valuable lesson to pay more attention to a cool game's development!

I do hope they'll change their mind some day or maybe have a few contests for the people who missed out. :)

Other than the counselor preorder clothing pack, which is also no longer available like Resolution said above, I don't know of any other items are not going to be available for regular purchasers. I can't imagine that things like the soundtrack, art book, etc will be unavailable to regular buyers. They are too much actual "products" to not be released. I certainly haven't heard anyone say otherwise at least.

Just FYI - don't reach out to anyone in the forum about purchasing the missed out on DLC codes. The admins said they will suspend people who do it. Just wanted to give you the heads up! 👍

lHeartBreakerl likes this

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

Are things like the soundtrack and art book exclusive as well, or will they be available again at some point down the road I wonder.

I think they said something about them (artbook/soundtrack) no longer being available with the end of the BackerKit. I have to imagine the soundtrack will find it's way to some form of digital release at some point.

The Preppy Guy likes this

I wouldn't worry too much.  I'm sure that they will be coming up with different Jasons as time goes on.

11 hours ago, Jason Lives said:

I've been looking forward to this so long I never knew when it was going to come out. Last time I had checked they had pushed back the release and were still selling things on the main site.

I know noticed that a date has been made and the site no longer sells pre-orders or any of the other exclusives on the main site. I really don't want to feel like I missed something important.

Can anyone help me out with what exactly was exclusives to the Kickstarter, backer and pre-orders? What is no longer available to purchase now or after launch?

And if it's not too much trouble what will be available at launch and what might be available as future DLC?

I want an idea what I will and won't have access to. I feel like not getting a CD or steel case for the game is fine, but it would be terrible to loose out on skins, packs and other in-game treats.

Pre-order exclusives I think were the Tom Savini designed Jason and the Counselor Clothing Pack. The clothing pack is only three extra colour and texture swaps for each counselor...so I wouldn't worry too much about that. There was also an art book and soundtrack, both digital and physical. I'm guessing these will be released again if the game is a success. 

I wouldn't worry about missing too much buddy. If the game is a success, which it looks it will be - there will be far more worthwhile DLC on the horizon. New Jason models, maps etc.

Zombie79 likes this

Yeah, I'm thinking there's going to be a ton of amazing DLC on this one.  They already said as much – plus they've already hinted that instead of developing any sequels they're going to put all of their energy into enhancing this game. Can't wait!

On 5/12/2017 at 11:29 PM, CreepingDeath said:

On 5/13/2017 at 1:06 AM, bewareofbears said:

I think they said something about them (artbook/soundtrack) no longer being available with the end of the BackerKit. I have to imagine the soundtrack will find it's way to some form of digital release at some point.

I kinda figured stuff like soundtracks, artwork and special cases would be limited. I'm just hoping to get as much game content as possible.

On 5/12/2017 at 8:33 PM, ResolutionBlaze said:

BackerKit was the hunk of preorder exclusives.  If you didn't buy there, tough luck.

The exclusives were Tom Savini Jason and three exclusive clothing skins for each counselor.  There were also others but refer to someone else for details.

You may find a seller for the Savini Jason and Clothing Pack but will no doubt be more expensive.

I totally meant to get a backerkit and stupidly thought I'd have more time and forget. Still looks like it'll be a great game. I can't wait.

On 5/13/2017 at 0:31 AM, Zombie79 said:

Yeah, the Savini designed Jason character (the one who looks like he's back from Hell) is the main exclusive DLC that people like you and me missed out on. It's super awesome - I'm so bummed! But I know I'm going to be crazy happy with the game, and I guess I've learned a valuable lesson to pay more attention to a cool game's development!

I do hope they'll change their mind some day or maybe have a few contests for the people who missed out. :)

Other than the counselor preorder clothing pack, which is also no longer available like Resolution said above, I don't know of any other items are not going to be available for regular purchasers. I can't imagine that things like the soundtrack, art book, etc will be unavailable to regular buyers. They are too much actual "products" to not be released. I certainly haven't heard anyone say otherwise at least.

Just FYI - don't reach out to anyone in the forum about purchasing the missed out on DLC codes. The admins said they will suspend people who do it. Just wanted to give you the heads up! 👍

I'm bummed about missing the Savini skin, but I may be more bummed about missing the clothing packs. I'm a sucker for customization.

I would pay top dollar for it on DLC if they ever do open those two missed items.

On 5/13/2017 at 1:43 AM, Splatterhouse said:

Pre-order exclusives I think were the Tom Savini designed Jason and the Counselor Clothing Pack. The clothing pack is only three extra colour and texture swaps for each counselor...so I wouldn't worry too much about that. There was also an art book and soundtrack, both digital and physical. I'm guessing these will be released again if the game is a success. 

I wouldn't worry about missing too much buddy. If the game is a success, which it looks it will be - there will be far more worthwhile DLC on the horizon. New Jason models, maps etc.

Only three EXTRA color and texture swaps? Does that mean you still get some swaps in the base game? Bring on any DLC, I'll buy them all!

On 5/13/2017 at 3:05 AM, Zombie79 said:

Yeah, I'm thinking there's going to be a ton of amazing DLC on this one.  They already said as much – plus they've already hinted that instead of developing any sequels they're going to put all of their energy into enhancing this game. Can't wait!

As much as I'd love to think what they could do on a sequel, I'm glad they'll be working on this one post launch. I'll spend any money on DLC they dish out.

2 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

I kinda figured stuff like soundtracks, artwork and special cases would be limited. I'm just hoping to get as much game content as possible.

I totally meant to get a backerkit and stupidly thought I'd have more time and forget. Still looks like it'll be a great game. I can't wait.

I'm bummed about missing the Savini skin, but I may be more bummed about missing the clothing packs. I'm a sucker for customization.

I would pay top dollar for it on DLC if they ever do open those two missed items.

Only three EXTRA color and texture swaps? Does that mean you still get some swaps in the base game? Bring on any DLC, I'll buy them all!

As much as I'd love to think what they could do on a sequel, I'm glad they'll be working on this one post launch. I'll spend any money on DLC they dish out.

Yeah there's customisation in the base game buddy. This was a demonstration from the developer: 

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

Yeah there's customisation in the base game buddy. This was a demonstration from the developer: 

Fantastic! Thanks for the video link. I'd like your post, but I've hit my daily max! :)

Splatterhouse likes this

On 5/13/2017 at 1:43 AM, Splatterhouse said:

Just to clarify that real quick, the Savini Jason and Clothing Pack were sold separate as a way to help fund development and get a little something extra for doing so. They were not preorder items. Just clarifying that as some folks have popped in from time to time that bought off backer kit and seemed to think that alone included those items.

Does anybody know if the $75 physical game option came with the Tom Savini Jason? I keep on getting mixed answers about an updated reward tier that says it does.

29 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Just to clarify that real quick, the Savini Jason and Clothing Pack were sold separate as a way to help fund development and get a little something extra for doing so. They were not preorder items. Just clarifying that as some folks have popped in from time to time that bought off backer kit and seemed to think that alone included those items.

Weren't they sold separately on the backerkit site? I remembered seeing a few items on there.

1 minute ago, Jason Lives said:

Weren't they sold separately on the backerkit site? I remembered seeing a few items on there.

Yep. Both the clothing pack and Savini Jason. You could also get them on kickstarter.

ShankerOne likes this

2 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

Yes. They had the base game and then the Savini Jason $6 and the clothing pack for $9. Just making sure to clear up the preorder statement to avoid confusion.

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yep. Both the clothing pack and Savini Jason. You could also get them on kickstarter.

Just now, ShankerOne said:

Yes. They had the base game and then the Savini Jason $6 and the clothing pack for $9. Just making sure to clear up the preorder statement to avoid confusion.

Thanks. That's a good idea to clear the air as I was sure they were never advertised as pre-orders unless you paid for them. I would assume that goes for the $75 game as well?

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Wat

The guy before me was asking about the deluxe psychical copy. He wasn't sure if it came with those or not. I'd say no, but I'm sure enough to say definitely.

4 minutes ago, Jason Lives said:

Thanks. That's a good idea to clear the air as I was sure they were never advertised as pre-orders unless you paid for them. I would assume that goes for the $75 game as well?

The game is $40 for the digital. Physical may be more I think. But as @lHeartBreakerl mentioned, they were also available as rewards for certain Kickstarter tiers.Not sure about a $75 version but I know they said physical copies would be delayed, so those that ordered physical on backer kit would get that free digital copy at least..

1 minute ago, Jason Lives said:

The guy before me was asking about the deluxe psychical copy. He wasn't sure if it came with those or not. I'd say no, but I'm sure enough to say definitely.

The Kickstarter site is still open but the campaign is closed. A quick Google can find it and from there you can see the prices of certain bundles and what it contains. 

4 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

The game is $40 for the digital. Physical may be more I think. But as @lHeartBreakerl mentioned, they were also available as rewards for certain Kickstarter tiers.

I think the guy was asking about the steelbook physical deluxe copy.

26 minutes ago, SciGuy said:

Does anybody know if the $75 physical game option came with the Tom Savini Jason? I keep on getting mixed answers about an updated reward tier that says it does.

If you mean the $75 Kickstarter Pledge version, no. Looks like the Savini Jason was made available at the $99 Pledge. Aside from that it was available on Backer Kit for $6 for about a year and a half after. I'm not familiar with another version available with it.

7 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

The Kickstarter site is still open but the campaign is closed. A quick Google can find it and from there you can see the prices of certain bundles and what it contains. 

Wasn't my inquiry as I missed all the pre-orders, but yeah, I think he meant the steelbook copy that was listed as $75.

I think ShankerOne just answered it, though. Thanks.