macoman1

Who else thinks this would be cool?

13 posts in this topic

So we all know Jason has throwing knives to injure and even kill the counselors, we also know that the windows on the cars are down, which allows Jason to grab. I think it would be really cool if Jason could hit a counselor in the car with a well placed throwing knife (likely the driver). Needless to say, this would be a hard shot to make if they aren't staying completely still, but would be oh so rewarding if it made them temporarily lose control of the car, or even kill a wounded driver. I'm not sure if this would throw off the new balance for the full game (since it has changed since beta) or if this is already a part of the full game, but I think this kind of situation would be great. "Wait, why are we stopping? What's wrong?" *looks over* "Oh god she's dead!"

5 minutes ago, macoman1 said:

So we all know Jason has throwing knives to injure and even kill the counselors, we also know that the windows on the cars are down, which allows Jason to grab. I think it would be really cool if Jason could hit a counselor in the car with a well placed throwing knife (likely the driver). Needless to say, this would be a hard shot to make if they aren't staying completely still, but would be oh so rewarding if it made them temporarily lose control of the car, or even kill a wounded driver. I'm not sure if this would throw off the new balance for the full game (since it has changed since beta) or if this is already a part of the full game, but I think this kind of situation would be great. "Wait, why are we stopping? What's wrong?" *looks over* "Oh god she's dead!"

I like this. Either use a throwing knife on the driver, or even the wheels of the car.

Both would be hard to pull off and very rewarding. 

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I like this. Either use a throwing knife on the driver, or even the wheels of the car.

If this is possible to be done, it could even turn into an achievement in game, such as "Sharp Shooter".  This concept would add a whole new element of strategy into the game.

macoman1 and Splatterhouse like this

32 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It would certainly give Jason another option just in case his shift or morph are in cooldown. It would be a last resort, but hey, the devs love them some last resort situations.

aurllcooljay likes this

It would be cool but I suspect the physics engine for the game would spaz out and you'd get an uncontrollably twitchy body glitching the hell out in the car. It's one reason why Jason wasn't given the ability to carry counselor corpses.

i dont think it would be too bad you could not have the ragedoll model and just have them face on the wheel dead and when someone wants to drive they simply push it out on a flat surface

28 minutes ago, FlameRiderSD said:

i dont think it would be too bad you could not have the ragedoll model and just have them face on the wheel dead and when someone wants to drive they simply push it out on a flat surface

I would be shocked if we wouldn't be allowed to hit counselors while they're in the car. Wes has just explain in a stream recently that he likes to hit counselors with a well-placed knife throw as they are trying to get into a window.  Forcing them to fall back out and make them start the whole getting back in mechanic all over again. I'm positive that there are a lot of surprises up this teams sleeve and this is most likely one of them😎

would the car become unusable if the driver died? or would they fall out if someone tried to get in driver seat? 

I think that would be really cool.  I could totally see everyone in the car thinking they got away when all of a sudden the driver stops talking and the car veers over and either stops or hits something.  When you look over they have a knife in them.  I guess if they had time they could get out and open the driver door and they would fall out and someone else would take over driving.  That would definitely cause panic and would be hilarious at the same time.  Hope they think about doing this. 

This is a good idea. Something we will all obviously have to test now to see if we can do it. I think they should let Jason shift into the car if there's an open seat. Then have some sort of mini struggle to boot him out or he kills the driver.

16 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

This is a good idea. Something we will all obviously have to test now to see if we can do it. I think they should let Jason shift into the car if there's an open seat. Then have some sort of mini struggle to boot him out or he kills the driver.

Oh yeah, one of the first things I intend to do with Jason is see just how many "nice try" situations they can be used to create.

Love this idea. Hope it's already possible. Those kind of moments add a lot of excitement to the game. The achievement to go along with it would be cool too, encourages more strategy and creativity as Jason.