macoman1

Am I the only person who missed this?

19 posts in this topic

I always found Chad to be a bit of an odd duckling (more than just his wut face). All the other counselors had stats that reflected who they are. Nerdy? High smarts. The jock? High strength. So whats up with Chad? Why is his big thing luck and his composure so low? Today I had a realization. Now, i didn't get to play the beta, so maybe this is confirmed by dialogue, but Chad has always given me the impression his family is rich, or at least very well off. But Chad is just a teen, not even old enough to have started trying to earn his own wealth. Chad hasn't earned any of the nice things he has, he was straight up born into his fabulous wealth. The boy did nothing to get where he is, he's just lucky. And in being so lucky, he has been coddled, never had to fend for himself in any way, and is woefully unprepared for a situation where HE needs to make decisions now. So he does what anyone does when thrown into a completely alien situation, he freaks. That's a nice touch Gun, nice touch.

RichWalk9891 and dandop1984 like this

6 minutes ago, macoman1 said:

I always found Chad to be a bit of an odd duckling (more than just his wut face). All the other counselors had stats that reflected who they are. Nerdy? High smarts. The jock? High strength. So whats up with Chad? Why is his big thing luck and his composure so low? Today I had a realization. Now, i didn't get to play the beta, so maybe this is confirmed by dialogue, but Chad has always given me the impression his family is rich, or at least very well off. But Chad is just a teen, not even old enough to have started trying to earn his own wealth. Chad hasn't earned any of the nice things he has, he was straight up born into his fabulous wealth. The boy did nothing to get where he is, he's just lucky. And in being so lucky, he has been coddled, never had to fend for himself in any way, and is woefully unprepared for a situation where HE needs to make decisions now. So he does what anyone does when thrown into a completely alien situation, he freaks. That's a nice touch Gun, nice touch.

Yep thats my interpretation also. In all the other f13 movies the "preppy guy" trope acts tough, but when danger comes he is always freaking the fuck out and usually dies horribly. 

Hell even in the remake this happened.

macoman1 and RandallFlagg like this

22 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yep thats my interpretation also. In all the other f13 movies the "preppy guy" trope acts tough, but when danger comes he is always freaking the fuck out and usually dies horribly. 

Hell even in the remake this happened.

It's always easy to act tough when everyone is too scared of "daddy dearest" to talk back. Slightly harder to be Mr. Badass when faced with someone who doesn't give a damn how much money you have.

RandallFlagg likes this

53 minutes ago, macoman1 said:

It's always easy to act tough when everyone is too scared of "daddy dearest" to talk back. Slightly harder to be Mr. Badass when faced with someone who doesn't give a damn how much money you have.

Reminds me of someone i watched in the beta by the name of Criken. He would play as chad sometimes and talk in a preppy voice.

He trapped Jason in a bear trap twice in a row and laughed in his face. On the second one he said "I Bet you make under 50 thousand a year, bitch." and laughed at the end.

i don't know why but its so awesome and funny to talk shit on Jason knowing he could brutally murder you at any moment.

I believe this was the one, but i think im wrong. Still funny AF though.

macoman1, Risinggrave and DamonD7 like this

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Reminds me of a someone i watched int he beta by the name of Criken. He would play as chad sometimes and talk in a preppy voice.

He trapped Jason in a bear trap twice in a row and laughed in his face. On the second one he said "I Bet you make under 50 thousand a year, bitch." and laughed at the end.

i don't know why but its so awesome and funny to talk shit on Jason knowing he could brutally murder you at any moment.

I. Love. Criken. So. Much.

He's doing God's work, the only proper way to play as Chad. That is exactly what would happen if "the preppy guy" ended up being the "final girl". It's amazing.

RandallFlagg and DamonD7 like this

9 minutes ago, macoman1 said:

I. Love. Criken. So. Much.

He's doing God's work, the only proper way to play as Chad. That is exactly what would happen if "the preppy guy" ended up being the "final girl". It's amazing.

His videos are how i want my gameplay matches to be. 

And yes. When someone is at the cabin while I am Jason, I will run in there and scream "WHOSE TOUCHING MY MOM???"

RandallFlagg likes this

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

His videos are how i want my gameplay matches to be. 

And yes. When someone is at the cabin while I am Jason, I will run in there and scream "WHOSE TOUCHING MY MOM???"

Lol, I would probably respond with "She was giving me....head" badum tsh. Things like that are what I think will keep this game alive. You can see blood until the cows come home, but the kinds of things real people come up with, that's forever.

RandallFlagg likes this

48 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Reminds me of someone i watched in the beta by the name of Criken. He would play as chad sometimes and talk in a preppy voice.

Don't want to derail the topic, but are there any other streamers who role played the characters? I have been wanting to see some. 

On topic, were there any preppy guys other than the one in the remake? Been wracking my brain trying to think of one similar to Chad, other than the remake in the series. 

I've been following Criken since almost when he started, with the 'Funny Moments of Getting Owned in Left 4 Dead' videos. Nearly 9 years ago, wow.
He and his friends are so good at making games glitch, break and bug out, as well as all the funny stuff with their voices and sound effects and RP.

I was so damn happy to see him doing a couple streams of the Beta with his friends, and how much they enjoyed goofing around. They're sadly not in his Twitch archive anymore, but these three YT vids are.

Good thing is, he's said in other streams since that he's really looking forward to playing the game proper.

As for the thread topic, exactly right; Chad's Luck in life is very strong but his actual Composure is terrible because he's sheltered from many things.
Good job he's actually a quick runner!

macoman1, DialM and Splatterhouse like this

Just now, Ban_All_Music said:

Don't want to derail the topic, but are there any other streamers who role played the characters? I have been wanting to see some. 

On topic, were there any preppy guys other than the one in the remake? Been wracking my brain trying to think of one similar to Chad, other than the remake in the series. 

None that i'm aware of which is a real bummer. I like that shit.

uhhhh lemme think.... holy crap i think there was no preppy guy tropes in the original movies... i... i need a blunt now.

19 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

I've been following Criken since almost when he started, with the 'Funny Moments of Getting Owned in Left 4 Dead' videos. Nearly 9 years ago, wow.
He and his friends are so good at making games glitch, break and bug out, as well as all the funny stuff with their voices and sound effects and RP.

I was so damn happy to see him doing a couple streams of the Beta with his friends, and how much they enjoyed goofing around. They're sadly not in his Twitch archive anymore, but these three YT vids are.

Good thing is, he's said in other streams since that he's really looking forward to playing the game proper.

As for the thread topic, exactly right; Chad's Luck in life is very strong but his actual Composure is terrible because he's sheltered from many things.
Good job he's actually a quick runner!

Nice to see somebody else who was around during the Funny Moments time! ......9 years? Holy hell......

Hey, it's no wonder he's so fast, he has a lot of practice running to daddy. :P

DamonD7 likes this

2 minutes ago, macoman1 said:

Nice to see somebody else who was around during the Funny Moments time! ......9 years? Holy hell......

Hey, it's no wonder he's so fast, he has a lot of practice running to daddy. :P

well, i mean, Jason is daddy AF

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

well, i mean, Jason is daddy AF

Oh lord you've just given me the mental image of Jason as a father

"Now what do we do when we see teens kids?"

"Kill them in deviously creative ways!" "And what do we do if our fast walking can't catch up to them?"

"Use our witchcraft to teleport in front of them!"

"That's my boys."

2 hours ago, macoman1 said:

Dude, you nailed that description so hard it isn't even funny.  This is Chad to the "T".

macoman1 likes this

33 minutes ago, macoman1 said:

Oh lord you've just given me the mental image of Jason as a father

"Now what do we do when we see teens kids?"

"Kill them in deviously creative ways!" "And what do we do if our fast walking can't catch up to them?"

"Use our witchcraft to teleport in front of them!"

"That's my boys."

You forgot the warnings of premarital sex, he's not a fan.

10 minutes ago, Laphin said:

Dude, you nailed that description so hard it isn't even funny.  This is Chad to the "T".

Thanks! It just hit me that "Chad seems like he's wealthy" and the rest of his story unfolded from there. It suddenly all made sense.

I miss role playing in the beta of this game I remember 1 of them it was all just weird and it with this random Jason and this chad what was happening in it was so much funny I fell of my chair from laughing 

RandallFlagg likes this

1 hour ago, Moe9999633 said:

I miss role playing in the beta of this game I remember 1 of them it was all just weird and it with this random Jason and this chad what was happening in it was so much funny I fell of my chair from laughing 

Yeah, I don't sit in chairs as well as I used to...