Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brigadius

Undiscovered Footage

25 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Hello. This is ShankerOne from the future. I figured I'd come back and add to this thread with live footage of the Friday the 13th servers on launch day.

Oh god, I hope not. Now that we know the future we can change it. We can start a kickstarter for a backup air cooling system for the servers. 

Just now, Brigadius said:

Oh god, I hope not. Now that we know the future we can change it. We can start a kickstarter for a backup air coolimg system for the servers. 

Wait just a moment... I know that the devs are going to some convention on launch day. If the servers really do truly shit themselves i say we all bum rush the convention with very angrily and harshly written letters to hand deliver.giphy.gif

And i feel this is also an accurate representation of the servers.

DialM and Brigadius like this

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Wait just a moment... I know that the devs are going to some convention on launch day. If the servers really do truly shit themselves i say we all bum rush the convention with very angrily and harshly written letters to hand deliver.

Nah,  we'll just send Kane Hodder in after them

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

Nah,  we'll just send Kane Hodder in after them

Much better idea than mine.

Pretty sure it'll be Illfonic handling the servers/game on release? Illfonic are the game development team...Gun Media are the producers/publishers? That's my understanding of it. The lines have probably become a little blurred as everyone (me included) refers to both Gun and Illfonic as the "devs". But hey, I could be wrong. ;) 

3 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Pretty sure it'll be Illfonic handling the servers/game on release? Illfonic are the game development team...Gun Media are the producers/publishers? That's my understanding of it. The lines have probably become a little blurred as everyone (me included) refers to both Gun and Illfonic as the "devs". But hey, I could be wrong. ;) 

You're right, I forget that sometimes.

Ban_All_Music likes this

4 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Yeah, I am not as worried about that. When Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn was released, if you wanted to play, ya had to pick a Japanese server because it was such a surprise success to them after the failure of the initial FFXIV. Each server could only hold 100,000 users and they didn't have enough. It took two weeks or so to get completely sorted. So, yeah...about when you are able to play if the game is a huge success, everything will be grand. 😅

The one thing I am curious about is off-topic and maybe deserves a topic of its own, but I don't want to kick a hornet's nest over in creating one...the mysterious third party we know nothing about handling the codes. 

Well of course Illfonic will be on hand. Kind of a silly thought to have no one around on the day of a game launch. Do not worry about launch, all will be well.

2 hours ago, Ban_All_Music said:

The one thing I am curious about is off-topic and maybe deserves a topic of its own, but I don't want to kick a hornet's nest over in creating one...the mysterious third party we know nothing about handling the codes. 

Or where the mysterious additonal funding came from for the single player :huh:

5 hours ago, JPops said:

Well of course Illfonic will be on hand. Kind of a silly thought to have no one around on the day of a game launch. Do not worry about launch, all will be well.

Something similar was said when Skynet came online.

5 hours ago, JPops said:

Oh JPops...You've just violated one of the unwritten rules of Murphy's Law. You should have known better than to say that. :lol:

aurllcooljay likes this

I found the notion of no one being on hand to deal with any game/server issues on release day genuinely hilarious :lol: I had a mental picture of all the team partying hard with half drunk bottles of champagne in their hands at a convention after-party while this little fella is left to deal with any teething problems in a darkened, closed up office at midnight. :lol:

The-Famous-Drinking-Bird.jpg

7 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

I found the notion of no one being on hand to deal with any game/server issues on release day genuinely hilarious :lol: I had a mental picture of all the team partying hard with half drunk bottles of champagne in their hands at a convention after-party while this little fella is left to deal with any teething problems in a darkened, closed up office at midnight. :lol:

The-Famous-Drinking-Bird.jpg

Don't u know what happened when Homer Simpson used one to do his job while he went out? Lol

On 5/13/2017 at 1:05 AM, ShankerOne said:

Hello. This is ShankerOne from the future. I figured I'd come back and add to this thread with live footage of the Friday the 13th servers on launch day.

On 5/13/2017 at 1:16 AM, lHeartBreakerl said:

Wait just a moment... I know that the devs are going to some convention on launch day. If the servers really do truly shit themselves i say we all bum rush the convention with very angrily and harshly written letters to hand deliver.giphy.gif

And i feel this is also an accurate representation of the servers.

You two nailed it

lHeartBreakerl and ShankerOne like this