Sikboy1029

Left 4 Dead crossover DLC

28 posts in this topic

Maybe I'm alone in this but I think it would be cool if they could add Zoey as a counselor at some point down the line, I think she would fit in well. Maybe Ellis, too?

Can't argue with that opinion, I still think Zoey would fit in well, though :) If they ever did something like that I would want the real voices, for sure.

No.

Dead By Daylight put Bill in because the license is popular and they hoped for it to revive their game.  I don't see how else they could make such a weird decision.  Of all the licenses, you choose Left 4 Dead which has no relation to slashers?

Furthermore, L4D characters aren't even in the correct era for this game.  This game takes place in the early to late eighties.  L4D characters take place in... freaking mid 2000s.

I had no idea DbD had Bill, as for the correct era I would think if they ever actually did anything like a crossover they'd give them appropriate fashion. It's a good idea to not copy DbD, though -_-

4 minutes ago, Sikboy1029 said:

I had no idea DbD had Bill, as for the correct era I would think if they ever actually did anything like a crossover they'd give them appropriate fashion. It's a good idea to not copy DbD, though -_-

You'd may as well put that effort into an original model then rather than a DLC model.

You gotta think about opportunity costs.

Man, I love L4D and L4D2 so much. So many fun hours spent on them both, they really were and remain one of my personal gold standard games for online multiplayer.
I tended to go with Louis most in the first game and Ellis in the second. "Burns over 95% percent of his body!"

For F13th, though, I'd rather any potential money to license in characters like this went instead towards maps, Jasons and counselors in the future.
That's stuff that fits the setting more appropriately and that I'd want to see greater priority on than cameos from other games, no matter how much I loved them.

disco romance likes this

I agree it doesn't need crossovers. It was just a though because, like Damon, they're some of my favorite games. As I said though, if DbD has done it F13 shouldn't.

13 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

You got your L4D + DbD in my F13

Clarification: DbD has a Bill survivor DLC. Looks out of place and silly.

My answer is no, i would not like to see this.

Out the launch gate most certainly. I wouldn't be surprised to see some subtle collaboration type crossover with something down the road though. Once they start working on DLC who knows where that road could go. Shouldn't be too bad as long as they handle it well enough. But I doubt whatever that might be, if it's anything at all, will be Left 4 Dead. Who knows though? I've been wrong before.

I'd rather have an Ash Hero character DLC. Find the necronomicon and summon Ash through a portal in time.

Complete with bloodied weapons that hold enchanted powers of death, a strange being from Skyrim as a companion, and the ability to summon FOG AND MISTS.

HELL YEAH i'd want left 4 dead in my friday the 13th

I can imagine the screaming on mics already as i pick the hunter instead of a jason variety. EVen better if it's pre-patch hunters with 4x damage when on fire, so everytime i start the match i can fly at counselors like a goddamn meteor from above and just splatter them right there on the ground. A max height pounce in l4d took 25 hits of damage, and with a 4x bonus that shit was death shortly after due to the scratching taking out so much hp it's ridicilous. Especially fun since counselors have what, 3 hp?

Even better if the limit was removed so a 25 hit  pounce could just outright kill you instead.

I'd be a goddamn lantern in the night, crystal lake would have the screams of "survivors" and the only visual would be a goddamn fireball moving around like a maniac jumping off trees and screeching your ears off.

Best match ever

No thanks.

Different genres.

The L4D survivors are always surrounded, being pounced, hit, scratched and basically never die, have all kinds of ammo, guns, etc.

The counselors in this game don't take nearly as much punishment and die, have less supplies, etc...which is a good thing.

FFS the tank in L4D should be a one hit kill on the survivors...and its not and its way bigger than any of the Jason's in this game.

I don't like it, but saying he doesn't fit the era in't a great argument. F13 spans 80's for first 8, 90's for 9, and 2000's and 2450's for X. They are sticking with the 80's for now but Jason X is definitely a possible future DLC. I would rather them make original content than see ported characters.

If they ever did a cross over id prefer it be another slasher.. the problem with that is this is Friday the 13th: The Game.

Unlike Dead By Daylight this game is set up around an established canon. It cant willy nilly include other franchises in it because other folks think it would be cool.

Including non F13 related content would be antithetical to the purpose of this game, the Dev's wanted it to be THE Friday the 13th Game. So don't expect any other licensees to make an appearance.

With that said, if they wanted to do a cross over with anything it would more than likely be Nightmare On Elm Street. And it more than likely wouldn't include a Freddy killer as this games all about Jason and potentially his mother/Roy... So if they included in anyone it would probibly be someone like Nancy as a camper. She wouldn't mess with the dynamic of the game, she has ties to the universe via the cross over and she fits the period.

47 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

If they ever did a cross over id prefer it be another slasher.. the problem with that is this is Friday the 13th: The Game.

Unlike Dead By Daylight this game is set up around an established canon. It cant willy nilly include other franchises in it because other folks think it would be cool.

Including non F13 related content would be antithetical to the purpose of this game, the Dev's wanted it to be THE Friday the 13th Game. So don't expect any other licensees to make an appearance.

With that said, if they wanted to do a cross over with anything it would more than likely be Nightmare On Elm Street. And it more than likely wouldn't include a Freddy killer as this games all about Jason and potentially his mother/Roy... So if they included in anyone it would probibly be someone like Nancy as a camper. She wouldn't mess with the dynamic of the game, she has ties to the universe via the cross over and she fits the period.

I'd definitely like to see some "hero" counselors from the films, particularly Alice and Ginny. I'd rather they weren't in the same role as Tommy but selectable counselors at the start of a match.

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'd definitely like to see some "hero" counselors from the films, particularly Alice and Ginny. I'd rather they weren't in the same role as Tommy but selectable counselors at the start of a match.

It would be kind of fun if you didn't always get Tommy Jarvis. Some times you got a dud, and Crazy Ralph comes riding in on his bicycle (He has like 1 of every stat HA!).

1 minute ago, Nothingface said:

> I'd definitely like to see some "hero" counselors from the films

It would be kind of fun if you didn't always get Tommy Jarvis. Some times you got a dud, and Crazy Ralph comes riding in on his bicycle (He has like 1 of every stat HA!).

I like the idea of it being a gamble. ;)

11 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

What about Kay-Em 14 or Sgt. Brodski.

10 hours ago, Nothingface said:

or maybe D.H. riding a hell hound holding the necronomicon ex mortis and magic dagger. 

If we need a crossover hero it must be Ash. Shop smart shop S-Mart

DialM likes this

4 hours ago, Brigadius said:

If we need a crossover hero it must be Ash. Shop smart shop S-Mart

I agree, if this game was to have any crossovers I would prefer it to be someone that has at least met Jason before. And Ash is the only guy I can think of who wound't take the killer role.