106 posts in this topic

Just now, deadpaww said:

Well it seems they are listening with the 2nd game. No season pass, space battles, classes. Though it's EA and they could fuck it up but I am excited to see.

I'll be too busy playing F13 to care.  They can suck a bag of rotten clams. 

Risinggrave likes this

I agree, the discord is great except the staff, whenever I say anything I worry about getting banned because I'm a pretty sarcastic person and make alot of jokes that some might find offensive, and because of this I'm half tempted to make my own discord server for F13

I was part of the Discord, but ended up leaving.  It just wasn't for me.  But if you are thinking about it, here are some pros and cons that I found during my time there.  Obviously, not limited to these and this is from only my POV.

PROS

- Great place to get information as the Devs (especially Wes) seem to be on quite often.  They will respond to many of the questions asked.

- Great place to also meet people who love the game, and the Discord provides a listing of players on each platform so you can make friends before the game launches.

- They have a channel where user(s) will stream movies that you can watch, which is really freaking cool.  Unfortunately, they made it to where you had to be a Level 8 (I think) user in order to access the room, so you have to participate in the Discord in order to access it now. 

CONS

- Overly strict policing of rooms.  Do not get off topic in the F13 room because you will have people call you out, and they aren't always very nice about it.  Also, never EVER tag a Dev on a comment.  Just don't do it.  You will be told by 10 - 15 people to not do it, many of those messages not be very nice as well.  Too many wanna-be chiefs.

- Many of the members are not very kind to anyone who voices criticism of the game or any decisions made during the Kickstarter campaign.  I had seen this with other members who posted, but also experienced this myself.  I suggested in the forum that the reason for the first delay was not solely because they wanted to add single player like the Dev's had stated, but was actually because the game just was not ready - but that they were going to add single player during the delay (I played the beta ... it was freaking phenomenal, but it definitely was not ready for release).  Let's just say I faced the wrath of the room.

- Very cliquish.

Again, this was just my experience.  Do not let my negative comments dissuade you from joining if you are thinking about it.  I actually recommend you do join.  The good definitely outweighs the bad, and there are plenty more good, respectful folks than not.  At the end of the day, it just wasn't for me.

thatdudescott likes this

I also can't stand the Discord that I joined for five seconds because they have to do the @everyone tags on announcements so I always have notifications from them. It's not necessary. If I care, I'll go into the announcements channel myself. I have no interest in being tagged just as much as they seem to be bothered when a dev is tagged I guess. Also I have no issue with a teen being a mod, but if the teen can't be mature and is the sole mod that everyone kisses up to then I'm not really interested. 

I also don't like that they announce things in there that they should be telling backers who for sure preordered and/or backed the game first.... or at least the forums. I have no interest going through that Discord to find new info randomly posted in the chat. I'm glad some of you keep up with all of their versions of social media so I know what's going on since they forget to send out updates and even then most of them don't even include the most important information. Usually they were peddling the Savini skin before they finally closed the preorders for it.

I live in bliss on the forums where for the most part people are civil and the ones that aren't usually get called out by Jpops or other people. Sounds way better than that mess of a Discord.

bewareofbears likes this

Okay, so I'm going to jump in and frankly I feel like several of you aren't going to like what I have to say. I hope you guys take this as constructively as possible; this forum is the least of our concern right now. 

That statement right there sounds terrible. I know. I get that. Most of you are backers. Most of you have been following us for a long time and most of you are fans of this game. We thank you for that and appreciate that; it's that very reason why the forums get the majority of the major updates first from Wes. Small updates go to Twitter/Facebook. Behind the scenes or nutty stuff goes on IG. There's an appropriate place for each channel that's out there. It's way smarter for us to just post on Discord/Twitter/Reddit a small bit of info like 'We got rated in Germany,' than to email backers that info. It's smarter to post a huge change to Jason's Sense ability here because that's in-depth and has more value here for people that are more interested in that. Each platform has it's utility, but small stuff is easier where major changes are less day-to-day. We don't ignore any particular platform whatsoever. 

There's over 105,000 people on our Facebook page with hundreds of messages sent to us a day. Steam's Group has over 90,000 people all tuned into our game. There's a Twitter account with 65,000+ people messaging us thousands of times an hour. We have 14,700 people on our Instagram, 3,500 people on our Reddit and just under 2,000 people on the fan-run Discord. Don't even get me started on the emails I have to answer on our contact email...that's hundreds of emails a day. Thing is, I do it with a smile on my face because each and every one of those people are potential fans, just discovering our game and are interested in buying it themselves. They have no clue about this game, they want to know what platform the game comes out on. They want to know how much it costs. They want to know about gameplay. They want to know if you can play as Jason or a 'survivor.' They want to know if Jason from Part 8 will be in the game. All of those people, and only 4 of us at Gun with a couple customer service reps at Backerkit. The ratio is not very large. 

I do all of this while working on a game, and I have people like Rainskull, Mind of Jigsaw, Ralph Wiggum77, and especially Jpops to thank for their continued help in managing a huge community with our team. They each do an incredible job and get literally nothing in return other than our gratitude, and those communities are quite positive and fun for the vast majority of people looking to learn.

I smile at all of them because they want to join in on something that they are interested in. Sure, they don't Google to start, but that's fine. I spend a good amount of my day responding to each and every single one of them the best I can. Thankfully I have tons of help from the fans on each of those pages. I see dozens of people on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Steam Forums, Discord, Reddit...etc taking time out of their day without ask or want from anyone on this team to help spread the word. Those people are amazing and exceptional individuals. 

This forum knows better. This forum checks the information we post, has meaningful discussions and digs deeply into the ins and outs of the information we post. One piece of information posted becomes a ton of discussion that then immediately the shift becomes 'give us more,' it's insatiable.

The problem with that drive for information and desire to be as knowledgeable as possible has created an issue that we've noticed creep in these past couple months. Frankly, the forum has become noninclusive, has become incredibly elitist and while the discussion is very, very in-depth, it shuns new users and the uninformed. Arguments between a small group of users has become toxic, the assumed 'leadership' roles that some in this community have developed is not entirely friendly and threads like this are a great example of why this forum sees less activity than literally every other social platform we have. I mean, I'm reading a three page thread of you guys complaining about a fan-run chat service :/. Why? Why post all of this over a group that you are not a part of, nor do you like? It's a fan-run community. You don't have to be part of it. Thing is...if you want to be part of this one, you need to follow the rules...and this thread is definitely not posting with a purpose other than to rant and rave about someone you do not like. This thread is very much not in line with our rules and regulations. So why post it? 

We here at Gun are always, always open to criticism. We love hearing issues from the community and we have taken a lot of feedback into account post-beta from users on here and other social channels. Honestly;We demand you call us out when we fuck up, but we have an expectation that complaints and criticisms are justified. Harassment of new forum users, harassment of those not on this forum, continued snide remarks over perceived slights between users and threads designed simply to complain does not a happy forum make. I have talked with Jpops on continued policy enforcement not because I want to be tough on this forum, but because it seems that we need to do so. 

We're a small, scrappy team and we have a lot on our plates, but one thing our team is very, very proud of is how we get information out to as many people as we can with our budget and resources. This team believes in self-discovery. We want you to open the game up on May 26th and get to explore things. We want you to learn and discover right there alongside every other person as you see what it takes to win as either a counselor or Jason. That's what a game is for; experiences. We're not going to tell you how to beat Jason. We are not going to tell you every kill, we are not going to tell you about easter eggs. We are not going to tell you what's coming next because that's the beauty of it; it's a surprise. It's meant to be something you experience. It's meant to be something that feels awesome when it's finally learned or revealed. We aren't haphazardly just throwing things out there and not everything is supposed to be completely directed at you. We know that you know more than the people on Facebook. We know you know more than the folks on Twitter, we know you know more than all of the other social communities because you are our fans....but as fans, it's become very clear that this community more than any other has become unwelcome for new members. It has become dedicated to trying to one up one another with who knows more or what one specific little tease is going to culminate in for the final game. 

Guys, myself and Jpops are going to do more to ensure that this community becomes more fun for users when the game comes out. Forums overall are kinda archaic; quite a few major publishers got rid of their forums years ago (BioWare removed their forums and even the venerable Bungie.net forums are relatively inactive from their heyday) and our team sees this community for the hardcore of the most hardcore...but it needs to be inclusive. If that means that bans need to occur due to continue grievances, then that's what's going to happen. Remember; you direct any and all issues to Gun and Gun only. You do not insult other users. You do not make snide comments, you do not judge others for their opinions. The only people you may go after are myself, Wes, Randy and Ronnie.

If you want info that we haven't revealed...sorry, but you're going to have to wait.

If you demand we bow down to your desires and give you information....sorry, but you're going to have to wait. 

We promised you a game. We are delivering that game and it's going to be the best we can possibly make it. If you like it, awesome! If not, tell us why not and we're going to do everything we can to ensure you do come to like it!

You want more content? Great, we'll see what the future holds :). 

Until then, I ask that you guys take a look at your interactions with one another and try to turn the other cheek. There's plenty of places to talk and discuss, and the best that anyone of us can do is remember that not everyone might have the same knowledge or passion of this game as you do, that does not make you better than them, nor does it make you more valuable. It makes you an asset to help spread the word and keep this game going and lively for years to come. Be the pillar. Be the example and be the guys that others want to learn from, not the group that only sees the negative. 

Good night.  

Plox, AldermachXI, Gdain and 6 others like this

I'm disappointed in this reply only because it says this forum has been uninviting while at the same time calling it archaic. I appreciate the thought out response but the questions that most people ask here are rarely things like "Tell us how to kill Jason," "Tell us all the Easter Eggs.", etc. A good example being the 'Counselor Clothing Pack' thread. It's one question that doesn't get answered and snowballs into a 15 page thread.

That said, I get the points you're trying to get across. I think you're missing the point in some areas but I will always disagree with you that this community is toxic and it's our fault there's less interaction with you guys here. I'll own that I and others in the community have our shitty moments but defining an entire community as toxic because of past arguments is unfair. I've been here almost five months and I can't say I've seen anyone go out of their way to put down new members or make them feel unwelcome.

Edit:

Also disappointed being called the most hardcore of the hardcore fans but the least of their concern. I don't want to argue about it though. He said it, he owns it. We deal with it.

27 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Okay, so I'm going to jump in and frankly I feel like several of you aren't going to like what I have to say. I hope you guys take this as constructively as possible; this forum is the least of our concern right now. 

That statement right there sounds terrible. I know. I get that. Most of you are backers. Most of you have been following us for a long time and most of you are fans of this game. We thank you for that and appreciate that; it's that very reason why the forums get the majority of the major updates first from Wes. Small updates go to Twitter/Facebook. Behind the scenes or nutty stuff goes on IG. There's an appropriate place for each channel that's out there. It's way smarter for us to just post on Discord/Twitter/Reddit a small bit of info like 'We got rated in Germany,' than to email backers that info. It's smarter to post a huge change to Jason's Sense ability here because that's in-depth and has more value here for people that are more interested in that. Each platform has it's utility, but small stuff is easier where major changes are less day-to-day. We don't ignore any particular platform whatsoever. 

There's over 105,000 people on our Facebook page with hundreds of messages sent to us a day. Steam's Group has over 90,000 people all tuned into our game. There's a Twitter account with 65,000+ people messaging us thousands of times an hour. We have 14,700 people on our Instagram, 3,500 people on our Reddit and just under 2,000 people on the fan-run Discord. Don't even get me started on the emails I have to answer on our contact email...that's hundreds of emails a day. Thing is, I do it with a smile on my face because each and every one of those people are potential fans, just discovering our game and are interested in buying it themselves. They have no clue about this game, they want to know what platform the game comes out on. They want to know how much it costs. They want to know about gameplay. They want to know if you can play as Jason or a 'survivor.' They want to know if Jason from Part 8 will be in the game. All of those people, and only 4 of us at Gun with a couple customer service reps at Backerkit. The ratio is not very large. 

I do all of this while working on a game, and I have people like Rainskull, Mind of Jigsaw, Ralph Wiggum77, and especially Jpops to thank for their continued help in managing a huge community with our team. They each do an incredible job and get literally nothing in return other than our gratitude, and those communities are quite positive and fun for the vast majority of people looking to learn.

I smile at all of them because they want to join in on something that they are interested in. Sure, they don't Google to start, but that's fine. I spend a good amount of my day responding to each and every single one of them the best I can. Thankfully I have tons of help from the fans on each of those pages. I see dozens of people on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Steam Forums, Discord, Reddit...etc taking time out of their day without ask or want from anyone on this team to help spread the word. Those people are amazing and exceptional individuals. 

This forum knows better. This forum checks the information we post, has meaningful discussions and digs deeply into the ins and outs of the information we post. One piece of information posted becomes a ton of discussion that then immediately the shift becomes 'give us more,' it's insatiable.

The problem with that drive for information and desire to be as knowledgeable as possible has created an issue that we've noticed creep in these past couple months. Frankly, the forum has become noninclusive, has become incredibly elitist and while the discussion is very, very in-depth, it shuns new users and the uninformed. Arguments between a small group of users has become toxic, the assumed 'leadership' roles that some in this community have developed is not entirely friendly and threads like this are a great example of why this forum sees less activity than literally every other social platform we have. 

We here at Gun are always, always open to criticism. We love hearing issues from the community and we have taken a lot of feedback into account post-beta from users on here and other social channels. Honestly;We demand you call us out when we fuck up, but we have an expectation that complaints and criticisms are justified. Harassment of new forum users, harassment of those not on this forum, continued snide remarks over perceived slights between users and threads designed simply to complain does not a happy forum make. I have talked with Jpops on continued policy enforcement not because I want to be tough on this forum, but because it seems that we need to do so. 

We're a small, scrappy team and we have a lot on our plates, but one thing our team is very, very proud of is how we get information out to as many people as we can with our budget and resources. This team believes in self-discovery. We want you to open the game up on May 26th and get to explore things. We want you to learn and discover right there alongside every other person as you see what it takes to win as either a counselor or Jason. That's what a game is for; experiences. We're not going to tell you how to beat Jason. We are not going to tell you every kill, we are not going to tell you about easter eggs. We are not going to tell you what's coming next because that's the beauty of it; it's a surprise. It's meant to be something you experience. It's meant to be something that feels awesome when it's finally learned or revealed. We aren't haphazardly just throwing things out there and not everything is supposed to be completely directed at you. We know that you know more than the people on Facebook. We know you know more than the folks on Twitter, we know you know more than all of the other social communities because you are our fans....but as fans, it's become very clear that this community more than any other has become unwelcome for new members. It has become dedicated to trying to one up one another with who knows more or what one specific little tease is going to culminate in for the final game. 

Guys, myself and Jpops are going to do more to ensure that this community becomes more fun for users when the game comes out. Forums overall are kinda archaic; quite a few major publishers got rid of their forums years ago (BioWare removed their forums and even the venerable Bungie.net forums are relatively inactive from their heyday) and our team sees this community for the hardcore of the most hardcore...but it needs to be inclusive. If that means that bans need to occur due to continue grievances, then that's what's going to happen. Remember; you direct any and all issues to Gun and Gun only. You do not insult other users. You do not make snide comments, you do not judge others for their opinions. The only people you may go after are myself, Wes, Randy and Ronnie.

If you want info that we haven't revealed...sorry, but you're going to have to wait.

If you demand we bow down to your desires and give you information....sorry, but you're going to have to wait. 

We promised you a game. We are delivering that game and it's going to be the best we can possibly make it. If you like it, awesome! If not, tell us why not and we're going to do everything we can to ensure you do come to like it!

You want more content? Great, we'll see what the future holds :). 

Until then, I ask that you guys take a look at your interactions with one another and try to turn the other cheek. There's plenty of places to talk and discuss, and the best that anyone of us can do is remember that not everyone might have the same knowledge or passion of this game as you do, that does not make you better than them, nor does it make you more valuable. It makes you an asset to help spread the word and keep this game going and lively for years to come. Be the pillar. Be the example and be the guys that others want to learn from, not the group that only sees the negative. 

Good night.  

Thanks for putting my mind, and others, at ease, we understand you guys are very busy, so take your time on revealing anything you're gonna reveal, having a more polished game is better than knowing more about the game going in.

32 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I'm disappointed in this reply only because it says this forum has been uninviting while at the same time calling it archaic. I appreciate the thought out response but the questions that most people ask here are rarely things like "Tell us how to kill Jason," "Tell us all the Easter Eggs.", etc. A good example being the 'Counselor Clothing Pack' thread. It's one question that doesn't get answered and snowballs into a 15 page thread.

That said, I get the points you're trying to get across. I think you're missing the point in some areas but I will always disagree with you that this community is toxic and it's our fault there's less interaction with you guys here. I'll own that I and others in the community have our shitty moments but defining an entire community as toxic because of past arguments is unfair. I've been here almost five months and I can't say I've seen anyone go out of their way to put down new members or make them feel unwelcome.

Edit:

Also disappointed being called the most hardcore of the hardcore fans but the least of their concern. I don't want to argue about it though. He said it, he owns it. We deal with it.

You are the least of my concern because I believe you guys to be our most hardcore fans and most knowledgeable. This community should be a pillar for the game with the fans that join, but the fact of the matter is that this forum receives the vast majority of complaints from people than any other channel we have by a large degree, and our activity metrics support that notion. I've been relatively inactive here, but that has already been starting to change. We definitely want to do more so that new users stay and continue to post while users who've been here for years feel like they belong. Sorry, but the majority of original forum users are no longer active here and have moved to different communities, and we'd like to change that.

I do own what I say and I am absolutely not missing the point. We will be taking steps to ensure that this forum is engaging, fun and inclusive for people who want to join in with others. We've seen a major downturn away from this forum by very active forum members these past few months, and I promise we'll be taking steps to amend that so people feel like they can join in the conversation and feel like their opinions matter :). 

-Ben

3 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

You are the least of my concern because I believe you guys to be our most hardcore fans and most knowledgeable. This community should be a pillar for the game with the fans that join, but the fact of the matter is that this forum receives the vast majority of complaints from people than any other channel we have by a large degree, and our activity metrics support that notion. I've been relatively inactive here, but that has already been starting to change. We definitely want to do more so that new users stay and continue to post while users who've been here for years feel like they belong. Sorry, but the majority of original forum users are no longer active here and have moved to different communities, and we'd like to change that.

I do own what I say, and we will be taking steps to ensure that this forum is engaging, fun and inclusive for people who want to join in with others. We've seen a major downturn away from this forum by very active forum members these past few months, and I promise we'll be taking steps to amend that so people feel like they can join in the conversation and feel like their opinions matter :). 

-Ben

I'm not going to argue you on you're opinion of the community here, you're definitely entitled to it.

I do want to add though that most people moved on after a release date was given. You have access to information I don't but I wouldn't be surprised if you saw a drop shortly after giving the date. As a regular forum user, I've seen that regulars have moved on also but I disagree that it's because this place is considered 'toxic'.

This is actually the first time I've ever heard of this place being considered toxic and I check Reddit, Steam, Facebook, Twitter so that leaves the question of who or where has been calling us down. Regardless, they're wrong.

karmakaze, lHeartBreakerl and Gdain like this

I don't like bens response too bloody long lol. But good on him answering all those questions he receives on social media and I do enjoy joking around on twitter with him.

I've also never heard of this group being considered as toxic.  There are a few squabbles here and there but nothing that bad.  New joiners have been well received as far as I know.  This surprises me.  I do like this group, you can tell people are passionate about f13 and have a decent discussion unlike on FB.  

I've only been here for a few weeks, though I've lurked since sometime last year. That toxicity comment confused the hell out of me. I don't post much, but the only time I felt excluded had nothing to do with the community. This community rocks. Sometimes people like me just don't have anything new or valuable to contribute...so I do the right thing...read a thread, like a post that makes me laugh or says what I'm thinking, and move on with the day. 

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Edit:

I agree with you here. We have good discussions and deep conversations here. Sure the occasional squabble pops up but they are never very intense. More passive aggressive.  I've been here 3-4 months now and have been well received. I post my ideas, opinions, questions and concerns and debate or discuss on them and other topics. I would never considered this forum toxic, atleast not because of the users. I've only really had an issue with one person who would invade all my topics and slightly derail them with occultist ideas that had little or nothing to do with the original topic. But I haven't seen him in a while and that was just a small annoyance not toxicity.

And this topic is not pointless Ben. We are not complaining about another community. We are upset that the team spends more time talking to a fan run community than it's direct supporters. Yeah, sure you post major updates here but that's about it. You don't really get involved with us here. Like the 'counselor clothing pack' pretty much anyone who bought one or was interested is here. But you went to another community and told them more about it than we ever got. I didn't buy it because you were way to vague. I support you but I won't just throw money away without a good reason. 

The reason people are probably leaving is because they thought they would get more interaction with the creators here but didn't. I have no evidence to that but it is something I thought when I came here. Some of the discussions bring up genuine concerns, problems or questions in general and can only be answered by some like you Ben or Wes. But we hardly ever see you in a general discussion tackling potential issues before they arise. 

I do understand you are a small team and you are stretched thin. But at the same time you could cut back on unofficial Stuff such as discord and spend more time on official sites and give more meaningful updates. It's like booking 15 two minute news interviews with 15 different networks. Nothing you say is going to be to meaningful like that. But, if you cut back the number of networks you can give two 15 minute interviews full of information. 

Also you should look after your hardcore fans. Because if you neglect them you become SyFy and will only be able to show wrestling. 

If I may make a little suggestion as a step towards a good-spirited forum - guys, please consider making the effort to welcome newbies in the Introduce Yourself forum.

It takes almost nothing to give someone a welcome there and good wishes, and yet so few do it, even people that have been here for over a year and with hundreds of posts.

How many people in this thread alone have barely or never bothered with that?

Little things like a welcome can mean a lot to inclusiveness.

If I might chime in here because I am late to the party. When this thread was originally created I let it be under the pretense that is was up to discuss and share things on the discord which I am completely fine with. However it seems to have moved into critique which you are entitled to as an opinion but the critique has gone a step further and redirected itself into focusing on individuals on the discord. That of course is against the rules. There is a fine line between an opinion and taking time to bully or shame someone or something. That in itself as I have already stated is a violation of the rules. 

And if I may offer my honest opinion here. Is this the most toxic community I've ever seen? Nah, not by a long shot however it does not mean that toxicity does not exist here. You guys who are citing other wise, I am happy you feel that way. What that means to me is we are being proactive and a constant enough presence on the forum to not let it go unchecked so it reaches a degree to grow into something more. A lot of the most toxic communities I have seen in my time is usually a result of small things going unchecked for far too long. My goal as well as everyone is to provide an enjoyable experience for each forum user here. It should be a place to come and get information, have some laughs, meet some people to get together in game and so on. People should not be afraid of coming here to receive snarky replies or ridicule. You should always treat people the way you would like to be treated. 

Now to move onto dissemination of information. As previously stated this is a small team with a lot of other communities to manage. If you feel you the forums not getting attention take a minute to read some of wes' posts. They are lengthy, well thought out and provide some insider insight into the reason why things are the way they are. Something like that takes time to sit down write and this forum is the only place who receives those write ups. You are comparing one sentence answers on Discord or 150 character limit posts on Twitter. Comparing the two are apples to oranges. I've seen some say "they have got our money they don't care anymore" that is not true in any way, shape or form. Things are not kept from here, and I think some of you think that Ben was saying no news is posted here because of it being toxic. That's also not the case, I believe the point he was making is not everyone wants to join the forums citing toxic people. That is their opinion and like your opinions, they are entitled to them. However a company such as Gun has a responsibility to engage fans even outside of the forums whether they be new to finding out about the game or even kickstater backers. I will throw this out here for some perspective. As well as these forums I periodically pop in and answer questions on the kickstarter page. There are backers since the beginning who refuse to use Twitter, forums or any other medium for information. They get frustrated because they feel they have been abandoned which much like this scenario is not the case. Some people do not feel like searching for information and that is fine but if you are against it, don't be angry that it was not hand delivered to you. The funny thing about information is this. No matter how much you receive you will always want more. Play by play updates are unrealistic and some people feel slighted. There is work to be done beyond revealing information and some information as Ben said is not being shared intentionally. This creates a better experience for everyone. Where. Everything is already known there is nothing left to discover and what fun is that going into a game day one?

This is becoming a long ramble so I will wrap this up. I've had the pleasure of getting to know a lot of you here and get an opportunity to interact with you on a pretty regular basis. I usually pop into threads saying things such as "dont double post" "let's keep this civil" ect. I may not comment all the time  but I read everything. One thing I can not stress enough is that we here are a community. we have ups and downs we are not the "red headed stepchildren" that some believe we have become. Be decent to one another and let's respect one another. No one has any reason to lie to you. 

DEATH, DamonD7, Plox and 2 others like this

This place is pretty ghosttownish 90% of the time... so is reddit quite often, I pop on there every once in a while but it tends to only get a few new topics a day.

Most of that is probibly simply due to the game not being out yet.. right? I'm still wondering if most of the game conversation traffic will take place here or reddit... possibly the steam forums but that place tends to be a nightmare.

Ive actually been looking around for groups that want to premade and generally have fun when the game comes out but most of them tend to be rather cliquey. When I originally joined these forums it was for that purpose alone. I like most of the people here, and I hope it grows. It would be nice to be able to find premade groups here.

That said.. I must be getting really old, forums where always the place I thought to go to discuss games. The world sees them as archaic now? What do they do, Just use facebook or something?

Jeez now I feel ancient.

2 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

This place is pretty ghosttownish 90% of the time... so is reddit quite often, I pop on there every once in a while but it tends to only get a few new topics a day.

Most of that is probibly simply due to the game being out yet.. right? I'm still wondering if most of the game conversation traffic will take place here or reddit... possibly the steam forums but that place tends to be a nightmare.

Ive actually been looking around for groups that want to premade and generally have fun when the game comes out but most of them tend to be rather cliquey. When I originally joined these forums it was for that purpose alone. I like most of the people here, and I hope it grows. It would be nice to be able to find premade groups here.

That said.. I must be getting really old, forums where always the place I thought to go to discuss games. The world sees them as archaic now? What do they do, Just use facebook or something?

Jeez now I feel ancient.

Well back in my day we had to walk up hill both ways in the snow to go to the library to discuss pong. So there. 

I think forums are still the place for game discussions. It provides proper structure for longer and less chaotic debates. 

5 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Most of that is probibly simply due to the game being out yet.. right? I'm still wondering if most of the game conversation traffic will take place here or reddit... possibly the steam forums but that place tends to be a nightmare.

Jeez now I feel ancient.

I think it's slowed down topic wise because over time we've covered the entire game as far as we know.  There is a topic for pretty much everything down to Jason's eye placement and Adams butt.  Before, during and after the beta was the information explosion.  Everyone was sharing their ideas and feedback.  Now we have like what, 15 days until we get to play and only a few questions I guess remain which we will only find out when we play.  I see another explosion after the game is released so I just view things now as kinda a dry period.  

Lol if you think you're ancient then im definitely primordial.  I feel that this forum is a place where you get to know people on a more personal level then say Twitter or whatever else is out there.  So many voices screaming out.  Hope this makes somewhat sense my thoughts are a bit all over the place today. 

bewareofbears likes this