106 posts in this topic

I saw some complaints about the F13 Discord and I wanna hear what everyone has to say.

Personally i'm annoyed that the Devs will disclose information on discord that we've been waiting for for a while now. For instance, info on the clothing packs (Check out the thread for what i'm talking about)

It's just irritating. If i'm not mistaken it's also how they announced they passed cert in Australia. I don't know about anyone else here but It's not appealing to me to have four different social media tabs for this game open. Either i have a serious stalker problem or Gun and Illfonic haven't chosen a proper way to disclose information without going on a wild goose chase.

Now there isn't much info we need being this close to release. I'd still like to see what i paid 10 bucks for (clothing pack). But i had to go to discord and search for mother fucking messages. I had to scroll up so much i'm surprised my mouse wheel didn't start smoking.

Anyways. Just an annoying issues with more of a rant/bitch from me. Thoughts?

The Discord has pinned messages for important announcements. It's an icon at the top of the app that looks like a pin. You can search that folder instead of wasting all your time scrolling.

2 minutes ago, BlackWidowofLaPorte said:

The Discord has pinned messages for important announcements. It's an icon at the top of the app that looks like a pin. You can search that folder instead of wasting all your time scrolling.

Nice to know for future reference.

Your anger is more than understandable. Here they have a dedicated fan base most of which are the reason this game was even possible. And instead of informing the backers and fans directly on the site they created, they make posts on another site that has basically nothing to do with the game. If anything this is the place where information should be disseminated first. Anything else is an insult to the backers. I don't understand why he would go out of his way to tell a small group all these details while keeping his dedicated base in the dark. Having to sift through multiple sites for info is rather irritating. 

22 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I saw some complaints about the F13 Discord and I wanna hear what everyone has to say.

Personally i'm annoyed that the Devs will disclose information on discord that we've been waiting for for a while now. For instance, info on the clothing packs (Check out the thread for what i'm talking about)

It's just irritating. If i'm not mistaken it's also how they announced they passed cert in Australia. I don't know about anyone else here but It's not appealing to me to have four different social media tabs for this game open. Either i have a serious stalker problem or Gun and Illfonic haven't chosen a proper way to disclose information without going on a wild goose chase.

Now there isn't much info we need being this close to release. I'd still like to see what i paid 10 bucks for (clothing pack). But i had to go to discord and search for mother fucking messages. I had to scroll up so much i'm surprised my mouse wheel didn't start smoking.

Anyways. Just an annoying issues with more of a rant/bitch from me. Thoughts?

I dont use discord so im in agreement that the official forum should be the place to drop info first, however....and I'm not saying this is justifiable...this isnt the only game to do that.  Devs on other games have simply said that discord is easier to use than a forum to relay info.  Idk....i just look for threads that forum users have started to talk about changes and features.  That's how i get my info. 

10 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I dont use discord so im in agreement that the official forum should be the place to drop info first, however....and I'm not saying this is justifiable...this isnt the only game to do that.  Devs on other games have simply said that discord is easier to use than a forum to relay info.  Idk....i just look for threads that forum users have started to talk about changes and features.  That's how i get my info. 

They are free to use whatever medium they want. But, it shows a lack of respect for the loyal fans and backers by disseminating info everywhere but here. 

I ask a question about Germany and I got an answer from Ben on the current status which was great but when more info came out I learned about it from a fellow forum goer who found it on twitter. I find that very irritating. I do check the twitter posts often but it's more work than it should be to get some basic info. 

17 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Your anger is more than understandable. Here they have a dedicated fan base most of which are the reason this game was even possible. And instead of informing the backers and fans directly on the site they created, they make posts on another site that has basically nothing to do with the game. If anything this is the place where information should be disseminated first. Anything else is an insult to the backers. I don't understand why he would go out of his way to tell a small group all these details while keeping his dedicated base in the dark. Having to sift through multiple sites for info is rather irritating. 

Plenty of the backers are on the discord...myself included.

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

*gasp* you traitor

But seriously, i have no problem with Discord. Hell i prefer the Devs use it to interact with fans and the community to get together. But they need to disclose certain info in a better way.

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

Not saying there are no backers there. Just saying the official site is where info should be made available first. Like the original post said it's very inconvenient to have to search multiple sites to get information. 

AldermachXI likes this

53 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

*gasp* you traitor

But seriously, i have no problem with Discord. Hell i prefer the Devs use it to interact with fans and the community to get together. But they need to disclose certain info in a better way.

100% dude.

I'm definitely of the mindset that if you have an Official forum - and this is - things should be posted here basically in close conjunction with this like discord and twitter / facebook, if not first.

But at the same time, as long as the information given is credible, I don't mind which channel they choose to announce it in. I literally just started using discord yesterday (my brother and I are now using it for private game chat), and it was pretty cool to be able to chat in real time with Wes yesterday, and we also had a bunch of us in a voice chat channel, just chatting about the game, other games, etc...Good people there.

(Most game devs use twitter or a twitter link to their forum, reddit page, discord, etc...to get word out first)

lHeartBreakerl likes this

The Discord is cliquish and kind of annoying. IDK. I am just butthurt because I got banned without warning for making a comment suggesting Jason had some kind of Game of Thrones Lysa Arryn wetnursing Robin type of thing going on psychologically. Some axe murderer fans are sensitive to different cultures's breastfeeding behaviors, I guess. Murder 2000 different ways is awesome, just don't suggest the Vorhees family was into attachment parenting.

3 hours ago, Plox said:

The Discord is cliquish and kind of annoying. IDK. I am just butthurt because I got banned without warning for making a comment suggesting Jason had some kind of Game of Thrones Lysa Arryn wetnursing Robin type of thing going on psychologically. Some axe murderer fans are sensitive to different cultures's breastfeeding behaviors, I guess. Murder 2000 different ways is awesome, just don't suggest the Vorhees family was into attachment parenting.

That sounds like something I would say. Although I don't see why a ban would be warranted with that. I hope you were holding both mIddle fingers up when you got hit with the ban hammer.

Yeah, so I'm old...

and I have no fricken clue what discord is. If the Devs are using it for information dissemination that's a real good way to make sure I never get it. 

I think it's a load of shit. :) But I imagine that's obvious from my previous comments.

I'm not actually upset with them but I question why they're so spread out with the majority of questions being answered in a fan-created a Discord as opposed to any of the official platforms they have.

I appreciate the occasional lengthy post by Wes but outside of those we basically get Ben coming around to lock threads, suspend people, issue warnings and only very rarely engage in anything meaningful outside of his moderating duties. It's disappointing.

I've seen Wes respond to more questions on Steam than here.

karmakaze likes this

The discord has a real.......High class party feel to it,IMO. A lot of people/low level streamers trying to get any kind of crumbs they can get or be noticed. I'm more comfortable in the dive bar that is the forums. 

;)

3 hours ago, IamNoc said:

Yeah, so I'm old...

and I have no fricken clue what discord is. If the Devs are using it for information dissemination that's a real good way to make sure I never get it. 

Lol me2.  I'm kinda starting to understand what it is.  Probably going to google it(is that still a thing?)tomorrow and figure out how it works. 

6 hours ago, Plox said:

This is another reason why they should be giving out info here instead. A fan created discord can just ban whoever they want keeping many from participating in discussions and receiving information. If there was another PAX I know what question I would ask.

Namrockjr likes this

33 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

This is another reason why they should be giving out info here instead. A fan created discord can just ban whoever they want keeping many from participating in discussions and receiving information. If there was another PAX I know what question I would ask.

I read somewhere the guy who runs it is 15 years old so anyone entering should keep that in mind. I've also read that any negativity and any real criticism is an offense for which you can be banned.

It's an echo-chamber, I get why they like it there. Who wouldn't want to be showered in praise?

10 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I read somewhere the guy who runs it is 15 years old so anyone entering should keep that in mind. I've also read that any negativity and any real criticism is an offense for which you can be banned.

It's an echo-chamber, I get why they like it there. Who wouldn't want to be showered in praise?

So the person who runs it wasn't born until FvJ. Dear God! We need to get a moderator who's 8 and born during the reboot to compete with that. 

lHeartBreakerl likes this

I'm not interested in personal attacks on the people involved, especially when based on he-said-she-said and presumption.

And let's be brutally honest, is there really no echo chamber and patting each other on the back here a lot of the time?

The devs lack of a marketing team or person does seem to hurt a unified message. Information gets out in dribs and drabs and from different sources. I get it; maybe you're spending time working away on the game - because there is still a huge amount of stuff to sort instead of being there with feet up on the desk - and you wanna take a break and go shoot the shit with fans on the Discord for an hour or two. It's a pressure valve and I'm glad it's there. But it is making for a splintered message.

Someone that could sweep up the day's information from the sources - Twitter, Discord and Facebook would be the stand-outs - for consumption here, should that be a thing? Would that be a popular deal, since it wouldn't affect the times when a dev like Wes can come and post more detailed breakdowns? Would people like having a go-between like that so that info does end up here? I've never used the Discord myself, but that pinned messages facility sounds like something that'd be handy towards this.

Trying to think of a solution here, something helpful instead, to the uneven communication.

3 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

And let's be brutally honest, is there really no echo chamber and patting each other on the back here a lot of the time?

No, not really. Have you read some of my posts. I have plenty of disagreements with others, other users disagree with each other all the time, we can agree or disagree with devs,  but the only thing we all agree on is that Darrin Howard has awesome ideas;). It's not an echo chamber here or a praise fest. We just have enough knowledge and respect for the series and each other to have mostly civil discussions.

23 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

There is,but there is also a small group around here that is opinionated and outspoken,but respectful as well. As opposed to the complete negative shitshows coming out of facebook and twitter and the sweeter than sugar double rainbow positivity you have in the discord. 

I don't like having to check twitter/facebook/reddit/forums/discord to get different bits of information.

Brigadius, of course I've read some of your posts. I try to read everything here each day :)

But I know from being here long enough that there are people that seem to often agree with me and others that often disagree. Likely unconsciously, human beings do get into groups just on their personalities. And more than that, that several topics of conversation do go around in circles.

Sometimes based on having little information, which is why I'm thinking about that go-between suggestion. So that even if information is going to A, B and C, it'll always be present at A. I'm genuinely interested on if that's something wanted or if people have different ideas to solve this friction.

thatdudescott, that is sadly true too often, particularly Facebook at times. Given the choice of three, it's this forum that I prefer and why the vast majority of my F13th thoughts and posting is here. It's a time of instant reactions and that can to hasty and ill-thought words. Less rush in a forum.

I'd genuinely like to find a solution for this thread.

22 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

Brigadius, of course I've read some of your posts. I try to read everything here each day :)

But I know from being here long enough that there are people that seem to often agree with me and others that often disagree. Likely unconsciously, human beings do get into groups just on their personalities. And more than that, that several topics of conversation do go around in circles.

Some of my posts are off the wall and some are more serious. But, I'm not going to be banned here for voicing my thoughts or for subtle sarcasm and friendly jives. 

The best solution is for Wes and Ben or any other devs to give us some time of day here. Announce a discussion date and time and come in and post with us. It's not a chat like discord but it's good enough for a live discussion. And, do that on a regular basis not once in a blue moon. 

It's terrible to find out about the clothing pack on discord when we all have been asking about stuff like that for ages

I've never taken part in the Discord. Like, at all. Though I am thinking now of registering.

As for the devs, like a...daily check-in kind of thing? Right.