Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

Select 8 grab kills in the Jason Menu(Easy button map fix)

13 posts in this topic

As of the Beta(and most likely the current build of the game), Jason could have 4 kills pre-selected for use in a match. During a match, the Jason player would press one of the ABXY or 1234 buttons to use a grab kill. While there are plenty of environmental kills to keep things fresh, often times the same few kills would be used and seen over and over again because it was often more reliable for Jason to mash 1234/ABXY than to walk over to an environment kill area and risk allowing the counselor to go free.

My suggestion to increase the variety of kills seen in a match is to allow Jason to have 8 kills equipped for use in a match. How would this be done you ask? Easy:

After grabbing a counselor, by default the first 4 kills are shown on the player's screen. Then, when the "Run/Fast Walk" button is pressed(this was SHIFT on a keyboard, it would be the equivalent button on a controller), or perhaps another appropriate button, a second overlay replaces the first 4 kills with 4 more kills selected from the Jason character select menu.

I believe this is a simple and easy addition to the game that hopefully can be added in the first round of updates. If in the final game each Jason first starts with fewer than 8 kills, then the second overlay would have only as many kills as would then be currently available.

Reminds me of Dragon Age: inquisition. To use certain mapped abilities you had to hold down LB (Xbox one) and hit A.X.B,Y for the corresponding ability. 

It worked well. I think the same can be done here.

Does sound a good idea. Don't know if there would be any technical issues preventing it, but as an idea it's definitely nice and straightforward and easy to use.

I think I found one issue.

The issue is the idea scarcity.

I dunno if there are enough kills to make it worthwhile or even preferable to have eight slots.

In the Beta, we had four weapon kills per Jason, and the rest were unarmed kills.  Without the sense of scarcity there is no forced choice between weapon and hand-to-hand kills.  Thus everyone has the same or similar sets of kills.  This makes gameplay, ironically, even less unique and exciting.

I'd be for it if we had more kills per Jason.  Who knows, maybe the did add more.

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@ResolutionBlaze The beta was very cut down compared to what we are getting now. There are probably dozens of weapon kills so I think the idea will work. 

Until I am shown otherwise my answer remains the same.

Good idea to keep the killing fresh. Such a simplistic addition too, one used by some RPGs on consoles. I'd love to see it added. Certainly be a great way to utilize more of the big guy's kills.