Nothingface

I died laughing... (New chad face)

79 posts in this topic

NzD087SWnqtTs_JaSFZj86HH_MSEHMUcGgd8sF55

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Oh... my boy chad found the uncanny valley and built a fucking house there.

Apparently this is a work in progress, they are touching up the game openings and endings and this is mid process. Honestly, if they fix everything else and leave this face the same I would be ok with it. This is a horror game after all and this would probibly give fuckers nightmares for weeks.

18 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

This actually worries me a bit... sacrificing immersion for a joke from the beta that has run it's course. Makes me think 'Hot Shots Golf'.

This worries you? Lachoppa looks like a god damn pear sitting on a humans neck!

The Jason models look amazing, the camp grounds also look really good. But the survivor models have always been iffy as hell. Besides Tiffany and Vanessa most of the other survivors looked at least a little off.

The chad model in this looks really good, the skin texture looks a LOT better than the previous one. The hair and clothes look better as well.

The problem is the expression hes making... its like his mouth was rigged wrong. It makes his lips look GIGANTIC because of the way the gums blend in with them, when if you look at them in proportion to his face they are about normal. lol this is almost certainly just bad face rigging at its finest.

I kinda hope they cant put the rigging in right until after it launches, I wanna see this just opening just ONCE in game.

MutantTaco likes this

Come on up to the lab and see what's on the slab!

It's those luscious lips that just look real odd.

Where did they put this up? Discord chat or something?

Survival likes this

Just now, DamonD7 said:

Come on up to the lab and see what's on the slab!

Where did they put this up? Discord chat or something?

Discord. I wonder if it looks like this just because its in mid motion? It may look more natural if hes suddenly making the face and this is just the high point of him emoting.

No way to tell for sure until we see it in action.

DamonD7 likes this

5 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

This worries you? Lachoppa looks like a god damn pear sitting on a humans neck!

The Jason models look amazing, the camp grounds also look really good. But the survivor models have always been iffy as hell. Besides Tiffany and Vanessa most of the other survivors looked at least a little off.

The chad model in this looks really good, the skin texture looks a LOT better than the previous one. The hair and clothes looks better as well.

The problem is the expression hes making... its like his mouth was rigged wrong. It makes his lips look GIGANTIC because of the way the gums blend in with them, when if you look at them in proportion to his face they are about normal. lol this is almost certainly just bad face rigging at its finest.

I kinda hope they cant put the rigging in right until after it launches, I wanna see this just opening just ONCE in game.

By "worries" I was trying put it politely. To be blunt- it looks fucking stupid but I'm reserving judgment until I see the finished product.

I agree about the iffy counselor models- some, or most, I think are great (Vanessa) but I'm pretty sure I mentioned that Eric looks like a cartoon character. I had an issue with another model but don't remember which one. We've moved from stereotype to caricature territory with some of the models and that sucks to me.

I also agree about the improved textures- it jumped from PS2 graphics to decent PS3. I'd say PS4 but the hair still looks pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I also agree about the improved textures- it jumped from PS2 graphics to decent PS3. I'd say PS4 but the hair still looks pretty bad.

2422851-ffx_comparison_1_222.jpg

His skin texture alone is better than PS3 by a decent amount. The hair is also a bit beyond PS3.. which is commendable for an indie dev.

Good hair is REALLY hard to do without a budget. Just check out any other indie game.. hair tends to be horrible or obfuscated in some way. Hell.. even some high budget games have shit hair. I heard nightmare stories about the hair budget in Bayonetta 2.

2049c3043da9a7e89213a4dbbd983e58.jpg

Take a look at this for example, this is from Skyrim HD. Her hair is still a blocky mesh and looks tragic as fuck. Now imagine trying to give it depth like most of the hair styles in the 70s-80s >.> It would look like ass.

Chad graphically in this picture looks pretty good... Those facial animations tho, that's another story.

19 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

2422851-ffx_comparison_1_222.jpg

His skin texture alone is better than PS3 by a decent amount. The hair is also a bit beyond PS3.. which is commendable for an indie dev.

Good hair is REALLY hard to do without a budget. Just check out any other indie game.. hair tends to be horrible or obfuscated in some way. Hell.. even some high budget games have shit hair. I heard nightmare stories about the hair budget in Bayonetta 2.

2049c3043da9a7e89213a4dbbd983e58.jpg

Take a look at this for example, this is from Skyrim HD. Her hair is still a blocky mesh and looks tragic as fuck. Now imagine trying to give it depth like most of the hair styles in the 70s-80s >.> It would look like ass.

Chad graphically in this picture looks pretty good... Those facial animations tho, that's another story.

Yea, my view of graphics isn't particularly great. Basically- blocky, less blocky, not blocky, smooth... So somewhere in between not blocky and smooth considering the hair. I know hair is hard/expensive and I don't have a huge issue with it. I honestly don't care about their hair as long as my machete splits their stupid faces. ;) That said, maybe gore got an upgrade- that would be awesome.

7 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Why the long face partner?...

I'm not apologizing. :|

I love puns.

Nothingface likes this

Damn, I came to the forum specifically to post this thread myself but I've already been beat to it :)

I definitely think it looks better than Chadface v1, and I'm pretty sure that this screenshot of Chadface v2 is both WIP (work in progress) and is probably snapped mid animation. I very much doubt that they'd let it go in it's current state :)

On a side note, at least we know that Jason is still gonna kill someone or do something in the intro and Chad is gonna pull out the Chadface. Makes me wonder if it's going to be only one intro for every game.

The Arrogant Man likes this

They've said there are different intros. Haven't said if that means a different intro per map (my guess) or multiple for each map, but there are different ones.

I've also wondered if it might not be poor ol' Tiffany that gets the chop every time in that particular one, too. It'd be neat to have it as either one of the counselors that's not being played, or failing that at least a random pick.

Skynyrd likes this

2 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

By "worries" I was trying put it politely. To be blunt- it looks fucking stupid but I'm reserving judgment until I see the finished product.

Get out. Just, get out. You've ruined me. 

1 hour ago, DamonD7 said:

They've said there are different intros. Haven't said if that means a different intro per map (my guess) or multiple for each map, but there are different ones.

I've also wondered if it might not be poor ol' Tiffany that gets the chop every time in that particular one, too. It'd be neat to have it as either one of the counselors that's not being played, or failing that at least a random pick.

Yeah, there's always a counsellor available to take the axe at the start of the game :) There's like 10 counsellors isn't there?

Makes sense that Tiffany would be one of the first to die - I mean she was probably out there blowing Chad a little while before Jason turns up - but of course, not every single time :P

15 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

"I have nowhere else to go!" 

Maybe you should have thought of that before thrashing the best thing Gun has ever gone and done!*

(*After making the game, the forums and maybe pizza.)

4 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Maybe you should have thought of that before thrashing the best thing Gun has ever gone and done!*

(*After making the game, the forums and maybe pizza.)

Risinggrave likes this

4 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

This actually worries me a bit... sacrificing immersion for a joke from the beta that has run it's course. Makes me think 'Hot Shots Golf'.

Oh come off it...