Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tyrant666

House...Directed By Steve Miner, Produced By Sean Cunningham, Music By Harry Manfredini

12 posts in this topic

What do you think of this movie?

I think its one of the best horror comedies out there. Right up there with Return of the Living Dead. Sequels were a bit rubbish though and slanted too much into comedy. I thought this movie had some fun characters, cool sequences and great makeup effects.

Ya Great Movie. Here is the thread I started long ago. 

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Ya Great Movie. Here is the thread I started long ago. 

Ah...sorry to steal your thunder. Did a quick search and found nothing. Feel free to merge mine there.

12 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Ah...sorry to steal your thunder. Did a quick search and found nothing. Feel free to merge mine there.

No thunder stolen. Not a problem.

The first one was good and after that, it went downhill.

I love this movie. And it's sequel too! Part IV was awful, and it was so lame that they couldn't figure out a proper Part 3...

On 5/11/2017 at 5:17 AM, Zombie79 said:

I love this movie. And it's sequel too! Part IV was awful, and it was so lame that they couldn't figure out a proper Part 3...

The second one was interesting ( I take my comment back about it going downhill) and Part 3 had a different title if I recall correctly. I didn't bother with Part 4 because the first one had a proper ending.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Beetlejuice91 said:

The second one was interesting ( I take my comment back about it going downhill) and Part 3 had a different title if I recall correctly. I didn't bother with Part 4 because the first one had a proper ending.

There was a movie called "the horror show" (never saw it) that was sold in certain territories outside of the US as "house 3", but that's as close as it got to an actual part 3. ☹️

I enjoyed all the House movies. The first one is definitely the best, Part 2 is middle of the road horror comedy that is not funny nor scary but it is fun to watch. Love love love Part 3 "The Horror Show". Part 4 is the most forgettable I guess.

I liked this movie and the second one.  HBO used to show them a lot at night on Friday-Saturday nights.  Would turn it on with a snack for shizz and giggs.

I am ordering the soundtrack from Waxwork Records. Love the artwork they did with it. Another great score by Harry Manfredini.

Glad people from this game knew about this film. I remembered this movie from way back and recently got the Shudder app service and found this gem on there. I never saw 3 or 4, but 2 was alright. Watchable every few years.