FlameRiderSD

weapons
Why does jason Have ONE weapon choice?

166 posts in this topic

Hi guys its FlameRiderSD

i was noticing one thing that i found strange

in the early trailers Jason has different weapons for example part 3 Jason had a machete in one

part 2 had a spear

part 3 also had a pitchfork and pick axe

when the game came out you couldn't switch weapons and it was weird

all future trailers had Jason with only and ONLY default weapons

i want to have different weapons in the game please because in the movies he never used one thing he always used even the littlest things like a corkscrew

knives, cleavers shards of glass, a sauna rock and other things

Jason should have the ability to grab a weapon In game and use it

the only explanation i can think of why this isn't a feature yet is because it would mess with the kill wheel thats it since you'd have to have kills for each weapon

My Solution:

Make A Weapon kill menu

make it all weapons have there own kills you can customize and make have diffrent kills a match all weapons would have 2 hand kills and 2 weapon kills

this is my opinion and i hope you reply to use why you atleast cant make this or why it isnt in yet

this has been FlameRiderSD Signing out ;)

JohnnyD likes this

I hope this gets patched in but I'm doubtful. I DO NOT LIKE how each jason is restricted to one weapon.

I'm pretty sure there's already a topic about thus though.

It's probably too late to add that into the design of this game without needing drastic changes. With the hype and popularity this game is gaining, the liklihood of a sequel is high though. They could always add adjustable weapons to the next game if it never appears in this one. Halo, for instance, didn't have dual weilding weapons or a usable energy sword till the sequel. That's how game dev works. They release what they've got and iterate on the major changes people want in the next one. 

On  the other hand, adding features to a sequel at the expense of potentially abandoning support or having lukewarm support is considered a cash grab and once you get that reputation, its hard to shake.

They would be better off having it as a patch or DLC for this game.

DialM likes this

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

On  the other hand, adding features to a sequel at the expense of potentially abandoning support or having lukewarm support is considered a cash grab and once you get that reputation, its hard to shake.

Agreed. I don't make a habit of buying into Titanfalls and the like just for this reason. "Oh next year I need to buy the next installment? Joy."

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I definitely agree. Hopefully it's patched in at some point. The game hasn't been released yet and the potential of a sequel relies on too many variables to really even discuss it further than hoping there may be one.

The Arrogant Man likes this

Everyone is presuming that they won't have more weapons post launch.

They never said Jasons are RESTRICTED to one weapon, they said each Jason will have one unique weapon.  And they did their job.  You could make a case that the unique weapons chosen aren't what you want, and that's fine.  But I never heard them say that they will have ONLY one weapon forever; though they only say what they know for sure.  Each Jason has a unique weapon, and I don't mind them having unique weapons. 

If someone can point me where they said that there will only be one weapon per Jason and no more post launch, I'll take these comments back.

I think people are confusing that statement with each Jason will ONLY have one weapon.  Sure, by launch they will because mocapping for multiple weapons for multiple Jasons is expensive, but I am sure they will continue to support the game post launch and furthermore I don't think multiple weapons will be out of the question.  In fact I think that's what they are most likely to do, next to weather effects and more maps and Jasons.  I certainly wouldn't mind buying weapons as DLC.

DamnedEternal1 likes this

We've seen already that any Jason CAN wield any weapon, as the first PAX West reveal showed, but I think it was due to budget constraints that they were forced to relegate only one weapon to each Jason. Knowing that, it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE to patch in the ability to swap weapons in the future. I believe it would be done the same way that kills and perks can be picked for the counselors and Jason: The character select menu. The game has not been designed with the idea of Jason picking up weapons mid-match, so we probably will never get that, but knowing that the game's code and engine allows for any Jason to wield any weapon, we can get this feature in the future. Perhaps each weapon has its own pros & cons?

Pickaxe: +Environment Destruction / - Counselor Damage

Woodcutter's Axe: +Counselor Damage / -Attack Speed

Spear: +Reach / -Environment Destruction

Machete: +Attack Speed / -Block Chance

Fire Axe: +Attack Speed / -Environment Destruction

Double-Axe: +Block Chance / -Attack Speed

Pitchfork: +Environment Destruction / -Attack Speed

Just some thoughts.

DamnedEternal1 and iFruit 9iX like this

58 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

You do know what fire axes are used for.. right? :|

I figured it weighs less than a woodsman's axe because the handle is often made out of fiberglass or plastic instead of wood, but whatever.

Hey guys its flame i saw all your comments and I think all your ideas are good we need this what made Jason iconic was creative kills in the first place so we need to have switchible weapons

like its a must :/

If it were down to me I'd do the following:

Give Part 2 his weapons from the film, but have them be mostly farm-like weapons and tools.  I have no idea which ones he used in the films so I'm going off instinct and what I know:

• Hammer
  • Pitchfork (if a normal one is ever allowed and made more unique than the Hell Pitchfork, which I hope it is)
  • Machete (give Part 7 a different unique weapon, #collectivizemachete)
  • Hunting Knife
  • Shovel
  • Saw
  • Sickle

Part 3 I'd grant access to a couple weapons counselors can use.  I have a feeling putting these in would be easier than new ones since they already have a model for it.

• Butcher's Knife
  • Pitchfork
  • Machete
  • Fire Poker
  • 2x4

Part 6 I'm not too sure, since the only film I have actually seen is Part 3.  I decided to give him a few power weapons and tools that I thought would make sense to go along with his little arsenal he has in the film and in the game.

• Machete
  • Long Screwdriver
  • Hand-Held Power Saw (would be battery powered)

Part 7 I have no idea because I have never watched the film nor seen much footage on it except the Sleeping Bag Kill

Part 8 actually is pretty simple; ones from the films, obviously, if they are applicable, but also any weapon that can be found reasonably within a city;

• Crowbar
  • Guitar
  • Lead Pipe
  • Glass Shard

Skipping from Part 9 to Savini:

• Scythe
  • Sacrificial Blade (It would look like a Katar)
  • Mace (hellish looking, think of Sauron's Mace from Lord of the Rings)

So yeah it doesn't look like we will have a shortage of weapons.  Each Jason will have one unique weapon at launch and no doubt they would add more; it'd be foolish of them not to post-launch.

Part 2 he used:

Claw hammer

Machete

Pitchfork (unsuccessfully)

Pickaxe

Basrbed wire

Spear

Part 6:

Machete

Steel fence post

Combat Knife

Throwing darts

Broken whiskey bottle

Part 7:

Machete

Party horn

Axe

Tent spike

Sickle

Butcher knife

Sling blade

Part 8:

Spear gun with no spear

Spear from spear gun

Hot sauna rock

Guitar

Mirror shard

Fire axe

Cocaine filled syringe

Pipe wrench

The problem with some of the weapons you guys listed is that they won't work because it has to be a weapon that can be used to break down doors with, as well as attack Counselors with. He very well can't do that with a glass shard or a syringe. Though some could potentially work as environment kills.

17 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

It's probably too late to add that into the design of this game without needing drastic changes. With the hype and popularity this game is gaining, the liklihood of a sequel is high though. They could always add adjustable weapons to the next game if it never appears in this one. Halo, for instance, didn't have dual weilding weapons or a usable energy sword till the sequel. That's how game dev works. They release what they've got and iterate on the major changes people want in the next one. 

I think i remember Gun saying somewhere that there intention is to make this the end all be all of friday the 13th games. They have no sequel intentions from what i can see. They'll just keep updating and adding on to this game which i don't mind at all. I actually prefer it to a sequel. 

It would be cool maybe to have specific weapons laying around that only Jason can pick up.  Each Jason would have random weapons that that specific Jason used in the movies.  Maybe his "alternate" weapon could break like the counselors after a certain amount of use?  He will always have his main but would have the option to pick one weapon up if he comes across it.  Not sure how people would feel though that they couldn't grab a sickle or sling blade, but it is still a game so some rules have to be thrown in I guess. 

I think they would have to implement some type of weapon stats if they added multiple weapons to each Jason. Would let you customize Jason and from an attack strategy. Like heavier weapons reduce speed but increase damage while lighter weapons increases attack speed at less damage. 

14 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I think i remember Gun saying somewhere that there intention is to make this the end all be all of friday the 13th games. They have no sequel intentions from what i can see. They'll just keep updating and adding on to this game which i don't mind at all. I actually prefer it to a sequel. 

Maybe they will become a horror franchise studio turning all the old horror movies into independent games. Would probably just be the same game with different assets. Probably not a great idea. Q

23 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

That's all well and good, and I've seen the same thing, but that's just fiscally not viable. Even the most popular game has eventual limits to its sales potential, and if this game hits 100,000+ copies sold (which is $4,000,000+ in sales), is there really any doubt they'll try to capitalize on the popularity by releasing a sequel with better ideas and improved mechanics?  There's also the aspect of basic game design. Certain elements of the game can't be adjusted as a patch without readjusting the dynamics of how the game runs and evolves for the player drastically. Yeah, companies like Blizzard can do something like that with Diablo 3 post-release, but this company is tiny. They can't afford to spend month banging away at code to release a free patch that changes the multiplayer experience to players.  That's the sort of stuff that goes into a sequel for most game devs, then they can also work on improving graphical fidelity, designing new gameplay ideas, and evolve things people liked about the first game, because the base game is already built fir them with this iteration. In other words, to not expect an eventual sequel is naive from a business perspective. Sequels are the basis of software development. Otherwise we'd all still be using Windows XP version 32. 

lHeartBreakerl likes this

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

That's all well and good, and I've seen the same thing, but that's just fiscally not viable. Even the most popular game has eventual limits to its sales potential, and if this game hits 100,000+ copies sold (which is $4,000,000+ in sales), is there really any doubt they'll try to capitalize on the popularity by releasing a sequel with better ideas and improved mechanics?  There's also the aspect of basic game design. Certain aspects of the game can't be adjusted as a patch without readjusting the dynamics of how the game runs and evolves for the player drastically. Yeah, companies like Blizzard can do something like that with Diablo 3 post-release, but this company is tiny. They can't afford to spend month banging away at code to release a free patch that changes the multiplayer experience to players.  That's the sort of stuff that goes into a sequel for most game devs, then they can also work on improving graphical fidelity, designing new gameplay ideas, and evolve things people liked about the first game, because the base game is already built fir them with this iteration. In other words, to not expect an eventual sequel is naive from a business perspective. Sequels are the basis of software development. Otherwise we'd all still be using Windows XP version 32. 

Fair point. I just hope if they eventually do a sequel, we get EVERYTHING. ie Lazarus map, Grendal map, all jason iterations from the movies, a proper SP (Not sure how this could be done myself). If the game is very successful i would expect to see these (at least) in the sequel. 

And im still holding out hope for NES Jason.

Dogmatic likes this

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Fair point. I just hope if they eventually do a sequel, we get EVERYTHING. ie Lazarus map, Grendal map, all jason iterations from the movies, a proper SP (Not sure how this could be done myself). If the game is very successful i would expect to see these (at least) in the sequel. 

And im still holding out hope for NES Jason.

Exactly. Those are the sorts of things a sequel can allow them to develop since the basic structure is already . They take the profits from this game, spend a couple years working on bots, and new skins, more counselors and extra maps, along with improving game mechanics and overall graphics, and next thing you know, you've got a game that makes everyone forget about Friday 1 cause Friday 2 has everything they could want and more.  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited as hell for this game, but I definitely see it as a jumping off point for a great multiplayer franchise rather than a definitive end point.

lHeartBreakerl likes this

5 hours ago, BlackWidowofLaPorte said:

The problem with some of the weapons you guys listed is that they won't work because it has to be a weapon that can be used to break down doors with, as well as attack Counselors with. He very well can't do that with a glass shard or a syringe. Though some could potentially work as environment kills.

Now I want to see Jason break down a door with a party horn. You're a monster. 

aurllcooljay likes this

5 hours ago, BlackWidowofLaPorte said:

Jason can kick down a door.

That'd be a good alternative for a breaking door animation.