Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pufnstuf

Buying the Savini's Jason

67 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I agree. I really don't think Gun is going to dig that hole.

As far as selling it, I wonder how that will go. I mean some people on this site bought before he was shown and then didn't like him. Should they just get refunds? Also if my memory is correct you could buy multiples of the skin. If that is the case, what did they expect to happen?

I bought an extra at the "last call" push from Gun.  I don't plan on selling it.  If anything, I'll give it to a friend.

Zombie79 and AldermachXI like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im wondering .... how many of these were sold? 

 

I hope there werent all that many. Itll be fun for it to be sorta rare. To hear the "oooooh shit this ones the Flaming Jason!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On top of this, savini jasons stats are sub par. He's actually not that appealing to me stats wise (I like my grip strength). I just wanna play as him to show I've been here and contributed. Which is the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

On top of this, savini jasons stats are sub par. He's actually not that appealing to me stats wise (I like my grip strength). I just wanna play as him to show I've been here and contributed. Which is the point.

You don't like his stats? That made me say "whaaaaat" in my head for a minute, but naturally to each their own :)

Personally I think the Savini Jason is quite well tailored to my playstyle. Fast shift, no weak powers, his weaknesses aren't too bad (for me at least, I'm accurate enough with morph to catch any swimmers but probably not the boat and grip strength will be fine as long as I use his weapon strength to damage them so they can't run) and his strengths are gonna be great for piling on the pressure early game.

Picture this: 2 minutes in to the game, Savini Jason appears. You barricade the cabin you're in, but oh shit he's already at the door. You go to bail out of a window but on the way out, you hear it as he breaks in seemingly a lot quicker than other Jasons this early in the game. So what do you do? You run to the next cabin. Assuming his fast shift and weapon strength haven't already got you to the point you can't run, you manage to make it inside and barricade it up again. This time, the same thing happens again. You want to take a moment to search the cabin but you know in a few seconds he's gonna be through the door. Let's say you somehow make it out. Your stamina is fairly high and he's hot on your trail (ehhh that pun), so you think "he's shit in water, I'll outswim him". You jump in the lake and start burning your stamina with fast swim, and you manage to make it to the other side alive. A few seconds later he emerges from the water, then POOF. Shift. Instantly right behind you, taking a few more stabs. You burn all your stamina to get away but his shift recharges faster than you can escape his vision. Then, that's pretty much it. Low health, being chased with very few reliable places to hide and then finally it's all over.

That's how I see a game going for me when I play as him :) Gotta keep the pressure up by making cabin barricades not worth it, and using that fast shift speed and high weapon damage to get counsellors limping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

You don't like his stats? That made me say "whaaaaat" in my head for a minute, but naturally to each their own :)

Personally I think the Savini Jason is quite well tailored to my playstyle. Fast shift, no weak powers, his weaknesses aren't too bad (for me at least, I'm accurate enough with morph to catch any swimmers but probably not the boat and grip strength will be fine as long as I use his weapon strength to damage them so they can't run) and his strengths are gonna be great for piling on the pressure early game.

Picture this: 2 minutes in to the game, Savini Jason appears. You barricade the cabin you're in, but oh shit he's already at the door. You go to bail out of a window but on the way out, you hear it as he breaks in seemingly a lot quicker than other Jasons this early in the game. So what do you do? You run to the next cabin. Assuming his fast shift and weapon strength haven't already got you to the point you can't run, you manage to make it inside and barricade it up again. This time, the same thing happens again. You want to take a moment to search the cabin but you know in a few seconds he's gonna be through the door. Let's say you somehow make it out. Your stamina is fairly high and he's hot on your trail (ehhh that pun), so you think "he's shit in water, I'll outswim him". You jump in the lake and start burning your stamina with fast swim, and you manage to make it to the other side alive. A few seconds later he emerges from the water, then POOF. Shift. Instantly right behind you, taking a few more stabs. You burn all your stamina to get away but his shift recharges faster than you can escape his vision. Then, that's pretty much it. Low health, being chased with very few reliable places to hide and then finally it's all over.

That's how I see a game going for me when I play as him :) Gotta keep the pressure up by making cabin barricades not worth it, and using that fast shift speed and high weapon damage to get counsellors limping.

You got me to chage my mind. That scenario sounds like a lot of fun, especially with the exclusive music ;) I think savini, j8 (Dat stalk doe) and j3 will be my favorite to play.

Kodiak likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all gonna be great fun :) I'm loving the Savini Jason mostly because of his exclusivity, awesome appearance and ash/ember particle effect, and his crazy ass chase music. His strengths and weaknesses, weapon and kills are cool but not the reasons I wanna play him :)

lHeartBreakerl likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up; any discussion of secondary sale or want-to-buy threads or comments on this forum will result in suspension. The sale of any keys you purchase is against end-user agreements. 

BloodOnTheRocks likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Just a heads up; any discussion of secondary sale or want-to-buy threads or comments on this forum will result in suspension. The sale of any keys you purchase is against end-user agreements. 

Ouch. Noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Just a heads up; any discussion of secondary sale or want-to-buy threads or comments on this forum will result in suspension. The sale of any keys you purchase is against end-user agreements. 

LOL..So I guess a few of you are stuck with them. Shame on you trying to make a profit. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

On top of this, savini jasons stats are sub par. He's actually not that appealing to me stats wise (I like my grip strength). I just wanna play as him to show I've been here and contributed. Which is the point.

That pitchfork though. Quite delicious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2017 at 5:59 AM, Dr B DDS said:

I bought an extra at the "last call" push from Gun.  I don't plan on selling it.  If anything, I'll give it to a friend.

Can we be friends? 😀

Dr B DDS likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Just a heads up; any discussion of secondary sale or want-to-buy threads or comments on this forum will result in suspension. The sale of any keys you purchase is against end-user agreements. 

Nice. 

 

Keep it to backers and a few friends.  I like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like how exclusive this Jason is. That sounds kind of mean because I'd like everyone to at least get to have a few games with him even if they don't own him, but it's his rarity that makes him special. If everyone had him, he would only be special in the respect that he was designed by Tom Savini, rather than being designed by Tom AND being only for us backers.

I want there to come a time where people are like "Wow! How did you get that Jason?!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Nice. 

 

Keep it to backers and a few friends.  I like it. 

Well, people can still sell it. Just don't discuss it here. We haven't heard the last of people wanting to buy Savini Jason. I'm sure there will be more warnings and suspensions to come regarding the topic.

And from there i will kindly redirect them to literally any other site discussing F13 because this will come into question. A license agreement won't stop anyone from selling it. I don't have any to sell myself (and if i did i'd mosey on over to reddit or EBay) but this Jason is my Jason. 

Kodiak likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Well, people can still sell it. Just don't discuss it here. We haven't heard the last of people wanting to buy Savini Jason. I'm sure there will be more warnings and suspensions to come regarding the topic.

And from there i will kindly redirect them to literally any other site discussing F13 because this will come into question. A license agreement won't stop anyone from selling it. I don't have any to sell myself (and if i did i'd mosey on over to reddit or EBay) but this Jason is my Jason. 

Yup or do it like old School ask friends if they want your code

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0