Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bewareofbears

Can we get our keys now/soon?

60 posts in this topic

Okay, I'll jump in. 

1. We have not ruled out pre-load. We are planning on day-of and you will get to download as soon as things go live with the keys we send out. 

2. We are a Kickstarter game. The rules you usually see with regular games do not apply because they have to supply us, and then we supply you. Essentially, we buy keys/tokens ourselves and then distribute that to all backers...that can and might take some time, but we do not anticipate much of an issue, as we did not run into anything major during the beta. You guys helped make this a reality and we can't thank you enough. Trust me, we care about all of you and you are all going to get the game, but fulfillment is a process for every company, ours included. We have a third party company set up to help with distribution and everyone who backed will get access soon as we're able. The size of the download is only 3.5GB, so you won't be waiting that long ;). 

3. The prices on Steam were a mistake. We listed the price as $40USD, and that was not done with several markets. We amended that the moment we found out. 

55 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Okay, I'll jump in. 

1. We have not ruled out pre-load. We are planning on day-of and you will get to download as soon as things go live with the keys we send out. 

2. We are a Kickstarter game. The rules you usually see with regular games do not apply because they have to supply us, and then we supply you. Essentially, we buy keys/tokens ourselves and then distribute that to all backers...that can and might take some time, but we do not anticipate much of an issue, as we did not run into anything major during the beta. You guys helped make this a reality and we can't thank you enough. Trust me, we care about all of you and you are all going to get the game, but fulfillment is a process for every company, ours included. We have a third party company set up to help with distribution and everyone who backed will get access soon as we're able. The size of the download is only 3.5GB, so you won't be waiting that long ;). 

3. The prices on Steam were a mistake. We listed the price as $40USD, and that was not done with several markets. We amended that the moment we found out. 

1. Cool

2. Called It!

3. That explains the 15$ Russian copies.

2 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Okay, I'll jump in. 

I appreciate your reply and understand #2. However, #1's promise to play as soon as it goes live while sending out keys the day of still does not really address or alleviate the concerns people have over emails coming late, wrong keys being sent out, invalid keys being sent out, not getting an email etc. etc. etc Thus why people would feel a lot more comfortable with getting the keys at least a day or two in advance bare minimum. It at least gives people time to address problems before the game launches and they can't play because they didn't get an email yet, got a wrong key, got an invalid key etc.

2 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Okay, I'll jump in. 

35 minutes ago, ikarikh said:

I appreciate your reply and understand #2. However, #1's promise to play as soon as it goes live while sending out keys the day of still does not really address or alleviate the concerns people have over emails coming late, wrong keys being sent out, invalid keys being sent out, not getting an email etc. etc. etc Thus why people would feel a lot more comfortable with getting the keys at least a day or two in advance bare minimum. It at least gives people time to address problems before the game launches and they can't play because they didn't get an email yet, got a wrong key, got an invalid key etc.

I agree with ika's post.

I'd like my key previous to day of. 

Babalonkie likes this

34 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

I am going to play the heck out of this game, but I wish I had never bought it before launch day. 

I feel similar, but at the same time you helped contribute to a game that may not of ever been made of it wasn't for us. 

So it sucks we may miss out by a few hours of gameplay, but we helped this game get made in the first place 

35 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

I am going to play the heck out of this game, but I wish I had never bought it before launch day. 

I'm glad I did, I got it 30$ cheeper and got my Savini Jason :D

Babalonkie likes this

11 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I feel similar, but at the same time you helped contribute to a game that may not of ever been made of it wasn't for us. 

So it sucks we may miss out by a few hours of gameplay, but we helped this game get made in the first place 

Yeah, it is awesome to have the game in less than a month. I'm on PS4, so it will be more than a few hours of gameplay...which I have come to terms with. I like mentioning it just to remind people of how blessed they are to be playing it on another platform. 

I am sure I will be perfectly fine after the inevitable troubles of the first week for the game. Ben tried to assuage our concerns, which is what I like about the team...they try. His words, however, have only made me more concerned. 

Side note, Ben has ruined the word "soon" forever. I have a surge of panic anytime I see/hear it, hahaha. 

dandop1984 likes this

1 hour ago, Nothingface said:

I'm glad I did, I got it 30$ cheeper and got my Savini Jason :D

Very nice I feel the same but I saved $40 since I got the Physical Copy since they can't have them in time I get a free digital code