Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bewareofbears

Can we get our keys now/soon?

60 posts in this topic

So...

Can we be sent our keys sometime soon? I did hear something about them being sent launch day but that's kind of dumb considering people are currently pre-ordering and won't have to potentially wait for an e-mail like backers. The beta had issues with the keys being sent out slowly in batches, I don't expect anything different with the full launch. Aren't the devs going to be at a convention at launch anyway?

So yep, I'd like my key. I know I can't do anything with it but I did buy it (or it was promised to me if you're going to say I didn't buy anthing) so I'd like to have it. :) Thanks.

Im hoping they are sent quickly if do send all launch day i dont want to miss out on game time when others who didnt back through kickstarter or backerkit already have the game

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

So...

Can we be sent our keys sometime soon? I did hear something about them being sent launch day but that's kind of dumb considering people are currently pre-ordering and won't have to potentially wait for an e-mail like backers. The beta had issues with the keys being sent out slowly in batches, I don't expect anything different with the full launch. Aren't the devs going to be at a convention at launch anyway?

So yep, I'd like my key. I know I can't do anything with it but I did buy it (or it was promised to me if you're going to say I didn't buy anthing) so I'd like to have it. :) Thanks.

Don't they have to generate them with steam first? I think steams the one that controls when they are able to get things like keys.

I'm unclear when that happens.. maybe it already has?

1 minute ago, Davidt said:

Im hoping they are sent quickly if do send all launch day i dont want to miss out on game time when others who didnt back through kickstarter or backerkit already have the game

That would be nice.

Myself, seeing people pre-order the game- they technically have the game before I do so I'm not big on that. Feels wrong. All I have currently is a promise I'll get a key at some point on launch day and honestly, that's not really good enough. :) Kind of spent on promises, just want my stuff. ;)

thatdudescott and karmakaze like this

4 minutes ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Why can't they just give us the codes now what's stopping them?

They control the game but I think that PSN/Microsoft/Steam generate the codes for their stores.

So they have to wait until all that shit is up and running.

With that said Steams preorders just went up so.. soon maybe?

DialM likes this

1 minute ago, Nothingface said:

They control the game but I think that PSN/Microsoft/Steam generate the codes for their stores.

I hope so if Steam already got them we better get them before the 26th

Just now, GrandMasterLynx said:

I hope so if Steam already got them we better get them before the 26th

I know for a fact that Play Station wont have pre orders up before the 26th, (they are what caused the delay apparently)

Xbox unclear.

26 minutes ago, Nothingface said:

Makes sense, hopefully sooner than later. Like I said, I just want my stuff.

I don't think they're just sitting on their hands or anything right now but I think this should move higher up on the list of priorities. 

2 hours ago, Nothingface said:

Not sure how codes are generated for games but that could be it. My main concern about this remains to be the potential for a bad batch of codes to get sent out and then those that get that bad batch have to try and get that straight through what will be a swamped CS on launch no matter how well it might go.

As for the keys themselves, it looks like it's still the day of atm.

As much as the world being on the teams shoulders, Bears has a valid point. Anyone that has pre-ordered it on steam has their copy duplicated, licensed and reserved on their account. Once it hit's the time, the code is made live, ready to download and play (DL is redundant if they let let you pre-load). What we know is they will send out Backer codes on the day... Which Without any delay or complications, means steam buyers could still potentially be playing sooner, by minutes or even hours depending on What time of day it goes live on steam and the time of day the codes are sent out.

From a business and gaming point of view... going by information known, does seem a little silly and leaves no time for errors.

I'm almost tempted to just ask Gunmedia for a refund. Than I'll buy the game first thing in the morning on the psn store. Before any backers get there codes.

On 4/29/2017 at 4:23 PM, dandop1984 said:

I'm almost tempted to just ask Gunmedia for a refund. Than I'll buy the game first thing in the morning on the psn store. Before any backers get there codes.

One thing is for sure, they are not going to rip you off lol

For all i know the game could be set for a custom 11PM Release on platforms and the Emails sent out at 01:00AM on that morning... We just don't know, but if that is not the case or a problem arises whilst trying to send out the keys, there could be a small delay. It definitely does not leave much room for error. Hell when it comes to backer keys, they could just decide to give them out whenever (Tonight, Day before or on the day etc), as they are in charge and ultimately only have to fulfill providing us with the product on the date.

I do know one thing, it is more complicated getting keys not sold through steam (Probably the same with other platforms), a lot of other indie devs have told me. Normally this takes a while and is normally arranged with Valve way ahead of release date, question is, is this the problem? If so and it was not agreed by steam, the team would have to get separate codes on release compensating Valve or coming to a personalized agreement. However from what i hear, "Steam have been cool" and the Virtual Cabin process was fine.

dandop1984 likes this

I probably won't do that, as I'm happy to support the team and game, but I do hope they get those codes out to the backers before the games goes live on all platforms 

5 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

I just want them. They're mine. :) If people have pre-orders set I should have my key. I get there's more to it than that but "day of" is not good enough.

They will put a cherry on your code and hand deliver it :D

Maybe the devs could explain to us the problems of sending out keys now?

Because as I, and many other people seem to understand, there's no problems sending the keys now because the servers aren't up yet so it's not like we will be able to download or play.

But maybe it's more complicated than that? I know nothing about this stuff so I'm really just curious about, why not just get the «sending the keys» thing out of the way and do it now

13 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

That would be nice.

Myself, seeing people pre-order the game- they technically have the game before I do so I'm not big on that. Feels wrong. All I have currently is a promise I'll get a key at some point on launch day and honestly, that's not really good enough. :) Kind of spent on promises, just want my stuff. ;)

That's just you being silly...Sorry.

No one "has" the game yet. No one will until it unlocks, presumably at 12:01 a.m. on May 26th.

Trust me, as a backer, I'd love to have my key now, too. But really, until a pre-load is available, does it matter? That's all you really need the key for - to ensure you have the game downloaded WHEN it unlocks.

And as far as I know, they haven't even confirmed if the game will have a pre-load period. We may have to wait for 12:01 a.m. on May 26th to even start downloading.

As long as I have my key and can start downloading when everyone else does, I don't feel cheated as a backer.

IF for whatever reason we, as backers, end up getting our keys after "general" pre-orders, yeah, that's messed up. But at least wait and see...It's gonna be a long month.

7 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

That's just you being silly...Sorry.

No one "has" the game yet. No one will until it unlocks, presumably at 12:01 a.m. on May 26th.

Trust me, as a backer, I'd love to have my key now, too. But really, until a pre-load is available, does it matter? That's all you really need the key for - to ensure you have the game downloaded WHEN it unlocks.

And as far as I know, they haven't even confirmed if the game will have a pre-load period. We may have to wait for 12:01 a.m. on May 26th to even start downloading.

As long as I have my key and can start downloading when everyone else does, I don't feel cheated as a backer.

IF for whatever reason we, as backers, end up getting our keys after "general" pre-orders, yeah, that's messed up. But at least wait and see...It's gonna be a long month.

I feel like you missed the point?

From the information we have so far, the game won't have a pre-load available and the keys for backers will be sent the day of release, manually.

The people that pre-ordered from Steam for example will be able to start downloading at 12:01 a.m. on May 26th, backers however will have to wait for an email with their key in it, and considering the huge amount of keys and the fact that they will be sent manually, as the devs have said, most backers will probably start downloading later than people that pre-ordered.

Sending the keys prior to the release would keep backers from having to wait for their email on the day of release, and they'd be able to use their key at 12:01 a.m. on May 26th and start downloading at the same time as the pre-orders.

6 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

Sending the keys prior to the release would keep backers from having to wait for their email on the day of release, and they'd be able to use their key at 12:01 a.m. on May 26th and start downloading at the same time as the pre-orders.

No - I just assumed that.

But you're right, the information they've given so far doesn't exactly give that impression. Hopefully they make it right and get the keys out in time.

Because, yeah, I'll admit...I'll be pretty pissed if I have to wait for my keys while others (who aren't "backers") are downloading/playing.

I'm trying to get Wes or Randy's attention to this thread...hopefully they'll chime in.

21 minutes ago, SexDrugs&Tea said:

From the information we have so far, the game won't have a pre-load available and the keys for backers will be sent the day of release, manually.

The people that pre-ordered from Steam for example will be able to start downloading at 12:01 a.m. on May 26th, backers however will have to wait for an email with their key in it, and considering the huge amount of keys and the fact that they will be sent manually, as the devs have said, most backers will probably start downloading later than people that pre-ordered.

I am with you. I'm on PS4, won't have the game at midnight since we will launch around 12 hours after everyone else...but it would be nice if they sent out the codes early for Steam and if they get pre-orders for Xbox to take the load off sending the emails the day of. 

At this point, I would be waiting for the email, waiting for PSN to update, then stress testing the servers 12 hours after everyone. It would be awesome to take one of those concerns off. Mostly the email one. Everyone else get their codes so PS4 backers can swiftly get them since we are kinda getting the shaft with launch anyway. 

Well here are a few points to consider.

1) When someone says sending codes manually it's not people typing up e-mails one by one. Emails most likely will be generated and sent in waves like all codes to the Virtual Cabin. 

2) I am not exactly sure when downloads will open on the platforms. However no one can play anything until they activate the servers. There are a lot of worries voiced and I can understand that but everything here is pure speculation. 

Just try to be patient, info will be trickling out as launch approaches. 

Survival and AldermachXI like this

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

Well here are a few points to consider.

1) When someone says sending codes manually it's not people typing up e-mails one by one. Emails most likely will be generated and sent in waves like all codes to the Virtual Cabin. 

2) I am not exactly sure when downloads will open on the platforms. However no one can play anything until they activate the servers. There are a lot of worries voiced and I can understand that but everything here is pure speculation. 

Just try to be patient, info will be trickling out as launch approaches. 

As I posted earlier, I'm not so much concerned about the download as I am potential technical problems if they choose to send the codes out on launch day. There have been a few games that have gone that route only to learn that there was a batch of bad codes in the mix. This meant that instead of playing or streaming a game at launch, folks were instead hung up in a swamped CS line full of angry people probably spamming the CS inbox cluttering up the process of getting it resolved further.

I'm just again suggesting for the powers that be to reconsider launch day code send-outs for that reason. If they do a batched send out leading up to launch the week of and something goes sideways there's at least time to fix it prior to launch. Preloading is really irrelevant as it's only 3.2GB, but broken codes will end in a forest fire.

That's really all I have to add to this subject so off this train for now. :)

7 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

As I posted earlier, I'm not so much concerned about the download as I am potential technical problems if they choose to send the codes out on launch day. There have been a few games that have gone that route only to learn that there was a batch of bad codes in the mix. This meant that instead of playing or streaming a game at launch, folks were instead hung up in a swamped CS line full of angry people probably spamming the CS inbox cluttering up the process of getting it resolved further.

I'm just again suggesting for the powers that be to reconsider launch day code send-outs for that reason. If they do a batched send out leading up to launch the week of and something goes sideways there's at least time to fix it prior to launch. Preloading is really irrelevant as it's only 3.2GB, but broken codes will end in a forest fire.

That's really all I have to add to this subject so off this train for now. :)

Valid concern. I've also seen cases where people receive keys for the wrong platform for whatever reason. Definitely don't want to have to be dealing with support re: keys on launch day.

Keys going out prior to launch day could help prevent a lot of headaches.

But again, until anything does go wrong, it's just speculation.