wes

Jason Stat Screen Revealed

230 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

30 seconds? Eh. I think that it would work best with a base time and maybe 30 seconds per connected attribute. Lets go with composure. That seems the best stat for conveying danger in a fashion others can understand. at 10 composure it would be the usual 5 minutes. at 1 it would be 9:30. That does ensure people suited to tasks do them. It also makes it interesting when you play with randoms. 

Agreed. I don't think any map should be exclusive. Some maps and versions of Jason don't mesh well for "story" but that's fine. At least in my opinion.

People are good at certain things.  One person is better at repairing than another.  That doesn't mean "make it a nightmare for people to repair to such a degree that people who don't have a high enough Intelligence don't even bother"

I could see it being a good addition presuming that the extra step proves inefficient along with any other changes.  Until then I'm cautious to slap on 10:00 just for the wrong person calling the police.  It'd make things frustrating, not interesting, at least to me.

1 hour ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

You apparently have yet to since you can't shut up about it after being told to.

You're posting this to get a raise out of me, and knowing full well that I won't ignore what you say.  Given that Jpop's message is RIGHT ABOVE the one you just quoted, I can only presume you continue to poke the bear out of malice or to entertain yourself.  I don't appreciate it.

So you an stop whenever.

No lesson for me to be learned Ban Boy. :) That's your department. Thanks for comparing yourself to a a fearsome strong animal like a bear though :lol: Laughed out loud. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

No lesson for me to be learned Ban Boy. :) That's your department. Thanks for comparing yourself to a a fearsome strong animal like a bear though :lol: Laughed out loud. :lol:

And he's still talking.

3 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

I don't like this "class" thing people are proposing.

You'd hate D&D then. Fighters suck at doing arcane magic. And divine magic. And being social. Pretty much anything that isn't slapping bad guys with weapons. 

5 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

People are good at certain things.  One person is better at repairing than another.  That doesn't mean "make it a nightmare for people to repair to such a degree that people who don't have a high enough Intelligence don't even bother"

I could see it being a good addition presuming that the extra step proves inefficient along with any other changes.  Until then I'm cautious to slap on 10:00 just for the wrong person calling the police.  It'd make things frustrating, not interesting, at least to me.

Agreed. People are good at things. I'm not saying character X can't do Y. I'm saying it's harder and less effective.

In my take I don't have an issue with a higher composure counselor coming in behind and speeding things up, to the max that their composure would allow. In other words if a 5 composure called, it wouldn't help to have another 5 composure call a second time, though a 10 calling would shave time off. 

My take on it is that stats matter. Deb is better at fixing shit. Vanessa has rockets in her shoes. A.J. can sneak. Chad's a douchebag and looks stylish dying. 

Just now, Risinggrave said:

You'd hate D&D then. Fighters suck at doing arcane magic. And divine magic. And being social. Pretty much anything that isn't slapping bad guys with weapons. 

Agreed. People are good at things. I'm not saying character X can't do Y. I'm saying it's harder and less effective.

In my take I don't have an issue with a higher composure counselor coming in behind and speeding things up, to the max that their composure would allow. In other words if a 5 composure called, it wouldn't help to have another 5 composure call a second time, though a 10 calling would shave time off. 

My take on it is that stats matter. Deb is better at fixing shit. Vanessa has rockets in her shoes. A.J. can sneak. Chad's a douchebag and looks stylish dying. 

I deleted the "class" thing because I realized that I wasn't really sure what I was getting at myself.

Furthermore, I agree.  But I don't think the phone call should qualify as something someone would be "good" at.  It sounds a lot more like RNG.  And RNG for something as important as the Police doesn't sound fun.  It sounds, at least to me, like having a % chance of the car stopping and breaking down because the person fixing the car didn't have high intelligence.

Hmm... actually....

5 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

I deleted the "class" thing because I realized that I wasn't really sure what I was getting at myself.

Furthermore, I agree.  But I don't think the phone call should qualify as something someone would be "good" at.  It sounds a lot more like RNG.  And RNG for something as important as the Police doesn't sound fun.  It sounds, at least to me, like having a % chance of the car stopping and breaking down because the person fixing the car didn't have high intelligence.

Hmm... actually....

In high stress, it's hard. Back in the day when GPS wasn't a thing and the police could home in on you, you had to give them info. Imagine trying to explain shit calmly as you look over your shoulder for an Axe wielding (Well, if Part 3, 8 or 9 are involved) maniac. 

Splatterhouse likes this

8 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

And he's still talking.

Says the most lecherous, annoying, racist halfwit on the forum. :lol: "Welcome back" ban boy. :lol:

1 minute ago, Splatterhouse said:

Says the most lecherous, annoying, racist halfwit on the forum. :lol: "Welcome back" ban boy. :lol:

Still talking huh.

In high stress, it's hard. Back in the day when GPS wasn't a thing and the police could home in on you, you had to give them info. Imagine trying to explain shit calmly as you look over your shoulder for an Axe wielding (Well, if Part 3, 8 or 9 are involved) maniac. 

My compromise would be have the phone call be longer depending on who calls.  I wouldn't want people waiting several minutes longer for such a small thing.  Doesn't seem fair to me.

I do like the idea of randomizing the timer for the cops, whether its just random or fixed by counselor.

Not a bad idea at all. With the timer being within reason. Say 3 fixed times, 3 minutes after, 5 minutes after or 8 minutes after.

Perhaps if any of the maps recieve bad weather alternates like rain or snow. They could take longer by default, 5 minutes, 7 minutes or 9 minutes, etc. Just brainstorming.

Splatterhouse likes this

15 minutes ago, The Preppy Guy said:

This infuriates me even though it doesn't involve me.

Digging his own grave, let's leave it at that.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I do like the idea of randomizing the timer for the cops, whether its just random or fixed by counselor.

Not a bad idea at all. With the timer being within reason. Say 3 fixed times, 3 minutes after, 5 minutes after or 8 minutes after.

Perhaps if any of the maps recieve bad weather alternates like rain or snow. They could take longer by default, 5 minutes, 7 minutes or 9 minutes, etc. Just brainstorming.

Mind. Blown. 

Hell get rid of the countdown, ramp up the suspense. Make it so we know when the police show up, but not before. Also take their icon off the map. Make it more of a risk to go to the police.

1 minute ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Digging his own grave, let's leave it at that.

To be fair, I like the guy. And I own a bloodied shovel. It says so under my name. 

10 minutes ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

Image result for bloody shovel

I imagine more a He-Man look but, sure. 

7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Gotta live the gimmick!

Damn right. 

OK, I thought I was pretty clear but perhaps I was not. When a member recieves a punishment and that punishment is served there is no reason to continue on the subject matter. To do so just instigates an argument and is a violation of the forum rules. I will ask again that we leave the subject alone. Thank you!

Actually; 

I'm suspending Splatterhouse for continued harassment, abusive behavior and flame-baiting for one week. Enjoy joining the ranks of being a 'banned boy.'

I am issuing ResolutionBlaze a warning point for continued flamebait. 

Do you have an issue with another user? Great. Let us know. Don't continue to post, taunt, make snide comments or get them to escalate. I will more than likely punish both sides for their parts. We are not your baby-sitters here. JPops and RalphWiggims do this as volunteers, but their word is law and I stand by it. I can't be on the forums, Steam Forums, Facebook Page, Twitter, Reddit, websites and various Discords to watch over everything in a timely and immediate manner. For that, I apologize. However, if I have to get involved in disciplinary actions, I will be swift about it. 

Guys, most of you are adults in here and we expect you to have discussion. This is a game, one that all of us will be playing together hopefully for a very long time. It's one we've all been anticipating and frankly I don't see why arguments have to occur about various nuances for the game. There's a lot of speculation because we're not going to give you all the answers, we're going to promote player discovery. Every one of you is in the same boat, so try not rocking it? 

If you have a legitimate concern, you should be directing that at me and no one else. 

Fatalfox and tyrant666 like this

15 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Actually; 

I'm suspending RisingGrave for continued harassment, abusive behavior and flame-baiting for one week. Enjoy joining the ranks of being a 'banned boy.'

I am issuing ResolutionBlaze a warning point for continued flamebait. 

Do you have an issue with another user? Great. Let us know. Don't continue to post, taunt, make snide comments or get them to escalate. I will more than likely punish both sides for their parts. We are not your baby-sitters here. JPops and RalphWiggims do this as volunteers, but their word is law and I stand by it. I can't be on the forums, Steam Forums, Facebook Page, Twitter, Reddit, websites and various Discords to watch over everything in a timely and immediate manner. For that, I apologize. However, if I have to get involved in disciplinary actions, I will be swift about it. 

Guys, most of you are adults in here and we expect you to have discussion. This is a game, one that all of us will be playing together hopefully for a very long time. It's one we've all been anticipating and frankly I don't see why arguments have to occur about various nuances for the game. There's a lot of speculation because we're not going to give you all the answers, we're going to promote player discovery. Every one of you is in the same boat, so try not rocking it? 

If you have a legitimate concern, you should be directing that at me and no one else. 

fixed

And I'll try better next time Ben.  Sorry about it.

Risinggrave likes this

Gotta say, that was the shortest ban I've ever had. It was over before I finished the thread. 

With that out of the way, I'll miss you, Splat. See you in a week.  

bewareofbears likes this

It was probably that threatening shovel of yours.

i can't remember from the Beta - so an icon shows up when the cops arrive? I know they would be either at the NW or NE of the map.

I'm on the fence about the police countdown being shown. Not being shown creates an unknown element and surprise, being shown gives you that timer tension.

I do quite like the idea of it being a random amount of time, rather than due to which counselor called it. Some games, 5 mins felt too generous. A RNG range of 5-10 mins could be fun and add to the 'good luck/bad luck' water cooler stories. 5-10 mins AND no timer? That'd be scary. You'd need to make sure it doesn't just lead to camping, or at least minimise it as much as possible.

tyrant666 and Risinggrave like this

1 hour ago, DamonD7 said:

i can't remember from the Beta - so an icon shows up when the cops arrive? I know they would be either at the NW or NE of the map.

I'm on the fence about the police countdown being shown. Not being shown creates an unknown element and surprise, being shown gives you that timer tension.

I do quite like the idea of it being a random amount of time, rather than due to which counselor called it. Some games, 5 mins felt too generous. A RNG range of 5-10 mins could be fun and add to the 'good luck/bad luck' water cooler stories. 5-10 mins AND no timer? That'd be scary. You'd need to make sure it doesn't just lead to camping, or at least minimise it as much as possible.

Also with or without the timer,the police car siren can still be heard once they arrive.

As for the random amount of time,i also think that the match time limit need to be considered if the game choose how much time before the cops arrive,like you cant have a time of 10 minutes for the cops when someone call like 15 minutes during the match,because with only 5 minutes left for the game to end,the cops will never arrive in time.

tyrant666 likes this

Maybe that's why they went for 5 minutes. For an average game it still leaves a decent length. And if it was set to take longer if called earlier, people are waiting intentionally on the phone for the crossover point to tick over.

Hmmm.

4 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I know, right? 

4 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Yeah, I remember people not running to an exit until the timer expired then they'd look at the map to see where the police showed. 

So you want to minimize camping? Don't show the icon. Now the counselor has to go blind. If they guess right, yay. If not, now they have another long trek to the other exit. 

As far as camping prior, Jason is his own deterrent. 

DamonD7 likes this