wes

Jason Stat Screen Revealed

230 posts in this topic

Hey, campers!

Below you will find screenshots for each Jason. These shots were taking from the "select your Jason" section of the game. I'm posting these because I thought you guys might like to see the pros/cons for each Jason. We gave each Jason a strength and a weakness to help bring some gameplay variety to each Jason. Let me give some definitions to the strengths and weaknesses now, as I'm sure you'll have some questions that the images alone can't answer. 

 

j4UrkHR.jpg

 

J2 Strengths

Can Run - Pretty self-explanatory. ;)

Traps - This Jason starts with more traps than others. Right now, that number is 6.

Morph - Faster cooldown, so he can morph more frequently than other Jasons. 

J2 Weaknesses

Shift - Slower cooldown on this ability.

Defense - This Jason has lower HP and lower chance to successfully block attacks.

Waterspeed - This Jason is very slow in the water.

 

Yx8qhUH.jpg

 

J3 Strengths

Can Run - Same speed as J2

Weapon Strength - This Jason can deal more damage with his weapon against counselors.

Grip Strength - It's harder to "wiggle" out of this Jason's grasp, once he grabs you.

J3 Weaknesses

Stun Resistance - This Jason gets stunned more frequently than others.

Sense - Once sense is activated, it doesn't last very long for this Jason.

Stalk - Similiar to "sense" in that it doesn't last as long.

 

oMrAI8s.jpg

 

J6 Strengths

Throwing Knives - This Jason starts with 4 knives. Other Jasons have to find them during a match.

Sense - This Jason's sense lasts longer once activated.

Shift - Faster cooldown on this ability.

J6 Weaknesses

Defense - This Jason has lower HP and lower chance to successfully block attacks.

Can't Run - Has a "fast walk" but can't run like J2 and J3.

Morph - The cooldown for using this ability takes longer, so this Jason can't Morph as often during a match.

 

sHrQLlx.jpg

 

J7 Strengths

Sense - Faster cooldown with this ability.

Water Speed - Very fast in water, slightly faster that the boat. ;)

Grip Strength - It's harder to "wiggle" out of this Jason's grasp, once he grabs you.

J7 Weaknesses

Can't Run - Can fast walk, but can't run like J2 and J3.

Traps - This Jason only has 2 traps to use.

Shift - Slower cooldown on this ability.

 

uWSocDc.jpg

 

J8 Strengths

Water Speed - Very fast in water, slightly faster that the boat. ;)

Destruction - Reduced amount of hits required to break doors/walls.

Stalk - This Jason can remain in "Stalk" longer than others.

J8 Weaknesses

Sense - Once sense is activated, it doesn't last very long for this Jason.

Can't Run - Can fast walk, but can't run like J2 and J3.

Grip Strength - Counselors can break free from this Jason's grasp faster than others.

 

CCDVVin.jpg

 

J9 Strengths

Shift - Faster cooldown on this ability.

Stun Resistance - The chance this Jason will be stunned will be lower.

Stalk - This Jason can remain in "Stalk" longer than others.

J9 Weaknesses

Can't Run - Can fast walk, but can't run like J2 and J3.

Less Hit Points - This Jason has lower HP than other Jasons.

Traps - This Jason only has 2 traps to use.

 

e3Bmzoc.jpg

 

Savini Jason Strengths

Shift - Faster cooldown on this ability.

Weapon Strength - This Jason can deal more damage with his weapon against counselors.

Destruction - Reduced amount of hits required to break doors/walls.

Savini Jason Weaknesses

Water Speed - This Jason is very slow in the water.

Can't Run - Can fast walk, but can't run like J2 and J3.

Grip Strength - Counselors can break free from this Jason's grasp faster than others.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems that this subforum has reopened. I certainly couldn't post here earlier. Here's my last post for a bit as I asked on Twitter if they might be willing to clarify what the Hitpoint stat might do. Happy speculating. Catch ya later.

 

Babalonkie, DialM and Gdain like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say not to be a negative nancy. As I generally don't have too much of a problem with the Jason's various strengths and weaknesses and obviously they can be tweaked. Especially the ones I mentioned about Part 8 Jason having morph instead of stalk as a strength.

However, its painfully apparent how much Part 4 Jason is needed via DLC. Two human Jasons and Five Undead Jasons isn't a great ratio. Five Undead Jasons that in theory, should have variant speeds of fast walk and two undead Jasons that can run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

Seems that this subforum has reopened. I certainly couldn't post here earlier. Here's my last post for a bit as I asked on Twitter if they might be willing to clarify what the Hitpoint stat might do. Happy speculating. Catch ya later.

 

I guess we'll find out when the "content creators" start making videos about it.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't want to be negative, but let me first say I love each Jason and how they have been designed but personally I don't like the fact that only part 2 and part 3 Jason can run, I know its accurate to the films but it would be nice to have maybe another Jason be able to run.

But other than the running issue, I love the stats!

ZeroCool22 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

I guess we'll find out when the "content creators" start making videos about it.

:lol:

If he has a main HP bar.. the game just became "how to kill Jason" which wont take long to find and then everyone will be doing it... Of which i voiced as a concern in January with the tons of weapons councilors were getting.

I can also see them not giving out early copies now lol

Gdain likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am fine with the no running thing. It's way more creepy to be chased by someone who walks as you waste your stamina trying to get away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Destruction is a new one to me. Both J8 and Savini Jason are going to be monsters for getting into barricaded cabins quicker.

And I'm definitely trying to escape by boat if up against Savini Jason, too.

6 is going to be really hard to shift, given his ranged attacks, ability to shift closer quickly and Sense boost. If he's on your tail, tough to shake.

tyrant666 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

So we're assuming killing Jason will be easy because he has HP that nobody actually knows if it even means as advertised because they haven't specified what it is.

Overreacting we are.

If it's only stun related then fine. But if it's "HEALTH POINTS" it doesn't matter how easy or hard it is, if its a matter of just lowering his health bar... that's the challenge now and trust... when youre a Jason getting trapped and wacked by a team of 7 ganging up, who now know you have a Health bar of some kind... Jason is not going to be fun to play lol

ZeroCool22 and Gdain like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

If it's only stun related then fine. But if it's "HEALTH POINTS" it doesn't matter how easy or hard it is, if its a matter of just lowering his health bar... that's the challenge now and trust... when youre a Jason getting trapped and wacked by a team of 7 ganging up, who now know you have a Health bar of some kind... Jason is not going to be fun to play lol

 

I don't think that would be meta anyway because Jason still seemingly cancels out all hits on him by simply grabbing the counselors and without a pocket knife...he wins since he can't be hit in the grab animation.

Like I said, we don't know. But you can choose to be pessimistic, I'll remain optimistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I must say not to be a negative nancy. As I generally don't have too much of a problem with the Jason's various strengths and weaknesses and obviously they can be tweaked. Especially the ones I mentioned about Part 8 Jason having morph instead of stalk as a strength.

However, its painfully apparent how much Part 4 Jason is needed via DLC. Two human Jasons and Five Undead Jasons isn't a great ratio. Five Undead Jasons that in theory, should have variant speeds of fast walk and two undead Jasons that can run.

Yeah but part 8s shift and morph are not weaknesses, so we can assume his shift and morph are still good. And combined with a high stalk ability. He will be a deadly jason.

High stalk is similar in a way to shift and morph, as you don't know where jason is till you open a door and Bam! He's right in front of you.

I agree about about needing another running Jason. Part 4 and 5 need to be added. I'd pay a premium for those two :D

tyrant666 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tyrant666 said:

 

I don't think that would be meta anyway because Jason still seemingly cancels out all hits on by simply grabbing the counselors and without a pocket knife...he wins since he can't be hit in the grab animation.

Like I said, we don't know. But you can choose to be pessimistic, I'll remain optimistic.

Me and others were already doing it in Beta just to be annoying to him... and it was a fast growing trend. Hell there are videos all over YouTube, just get everyone to get a trap and you can just troll Jason. It's a very valid and big concern.

Tymerc and ZeroCool22 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the artwork for the previously unseen skins. (I mean their stat sheets)

7 and 8 are faster than the boat which is terrifying.

Guys, don't worry about the HP part...its only logical to assume that if he can be killed, he has to have a hit point count. 

As I mentioned in another thread...just because he has hp, doesnt mean is hp isnt ten thousand times higher than a councilor. It just means that it can be drained...most likely by performing several steps or actions in a specific order.

I'm guessing that if you take every weapon on the level, and all the players are Bugzy, and you hit Jason enough to break every weapon on the level in his face, it still wont be enough to kill him without performing some or all of the 'kill method'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

If he has a main HP bar.. the game just became "how to kill Jason" which wont take long to find and then everyone will be doing it... Of which i voiced as a concern in January with the tons of weapons councilors were getting.

I can also see them not giving out early copies now lol

Gun Media had said that in their personal playtesting, Jason was killed 1 out of every 64-70 games. And these guys know the ins and outs of the system.

It's not going to be easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Babalonkie said:

Me and others were already doing it in Beta just to be annoying to him... and it was a fast growing trend. Hell there are videos all over YouTube, just get everyone to get a trap and you can just troll Jason. It's a very valid and big concern.

Pretty sure they said traps will be a one time use since they revealed the Jason traps. That won't work and I didn't see that at all. I saw more of counselors trolling other counselors by killing them.

Plus all Jasons will be able to use long range weapons, even the ones that don't start with them. You seem to think all Jason players won't see what your talking about eventually? Unless the Jason player is dumb, the meta is going to constantly change and I guess your just assuming the devs will drop support for the game.

Hell, they already added a repair feature for counselors to remove the traps because of the outcry in having to step in them to 'take one for the team' and we haven't even gotten a chance to play with that feature yet.

Tymerc and Hal Bailman like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CreepingDeath said:

Guys, don't worry about the HP part...its only logical to assume that if he can be killed, he has to have a hit point count. 

As I mentioned in another thread...just because he has hp, doesnt mean is hp isnt ten thousand times higher than a councilor. It just means that it can be drained...most likely by performing several steps or actions in a specific order.

I'm guessing that if you take every weapon on the level, and all the players are Bugzy, and you hit Jason enough to break every weapon on the level in his face, it still wont be enough to kill him without performing some or all of the 'kill method'

People keep seizing on this when I asked about the hitpoints. I was not asking about it to learn some trick to killing him. I was asking about it because it's front and center as a stat. I had thoughts about it like someone pointed out earlier, maybe it deals with how much damage he can take before a stun fall, loss of the mask, or any other number of things. I couldn't care less about killing him. But that seems to be what everyone thinks.

I legitimately, simply wanted to know what that stat does. I am assuming since they won't talk about it it must be related to that sacred sought after killing event. So I'm done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Love the artwork for the previously unseen skins. (I mean their stat sheets)

7 and 8 are faster than the boat which is terrifying.

Guys, don't worry about the HP part...its only logical to assume that if he can be killed, he has to have a hit point count. 

As I mentioned in another thread...just because he has hp, doesnt mean is hp isnt ten thousand times higher than a councilor. It just means that it can be drained...most likely by performing several steps or actions in a specific order.

I'm guessing that if you take every weapon on the level, and all the players are Bugzy, and you hit Jason enough to break every weapon on the level in his face, it still wont be enough to kill him without performing some or all of the 'kill method'

If its tied to very specific circumstances... then fine. If it's only tied to HP... then My goal as a councilor is to get people to team up and lower his health until we find the easiest way of killing him (Regardless if we die)... 1) It's more fun. 2) Best way to complete game. Escaping will have zero interest even if it's tied to XP. He could have a 100000000 HP bar... but the fact i know there is a figure is the only way  i am going to play as a councilor... as like i said... its more fun... and trust it will fast become META.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Destruction looks fun.

I'm not thrilled that 6 is the only one that starts with throwing knives. Those are what prevent looping/constant running, and if you have to scavenge for them by default that's going to be a pain.

While the "can't run" issue doesn't bother me as much, I dislike that 7 can't run AND has a slow Shift cooldown.

Tymerc and ZeroCool22 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

People keep seizing on this when I asked about the hitpoints. I was not asking about it to learn some trick to killing him. I was asking about it because it's front and center as a stat. I had thoughts about it like someone pointed out earlier, maybe it deals with how much damage he can take before a stun fall, loss of the mask, or any other number of things. I couldn't care less about killing him. But that seems to be what everyone thinks.

I legitimately, simply wanted to know what that stat does. I am assuming since they won't talk about it it must be related to that sacred sought after killing event. So I'm done.

I thought so (and was hoping so myself) but their continued silence on the matter makes me think it is related to killing him. I would much prefer that its the level of damage he can take before being knocked down or stunned, with things like flares to the face and bear traps being an instant snare. 

Gdain, Hal Bailman and Babalonkie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Like I said, we don't know. But you can choose to be pessimistic, I'll remain optimistic.

It would be nice if there was a place for the developers to clarify these kinds of concerns.....

B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ShankerOne said:

People keep seizing on this when I asked about the hitpoints. I was not asking about it to learn some trick to killing him. I was asking about it because it's front and center as a stat. I had thoughts about it like someone pointed out earlier, maybe it deals with how much damage he can take before a stun fall, loss of the mask, or any other number of things. I couldn't care less about killing him. But that seems to be what everyone thinks.

I legitimately, simply wanted to know what that stat does. I am assuming since they won't talk about it it must be related to that sacred sought after killing event. So I'm done.

Their silence doesn't necessarily mean that. They're not telling us how stamina pool vs. stamina regen is figured. It could be as simple as "Wait and see". Maybe they plan on explaining that next week, or in a video, or just want people to buy the game first.

Hell, look how people reacted to the mention of HP on Jason in this thread, before they've even played the game. Maybe the devs just don't want to deal with the response until people actually have the game in their hands and can see for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now